Jump to content

Zach should be a go for week 4


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, Doggin94it said:

No, that's the point. Don't take your injury into from team docs. There are less biased/conflicted sources out there

I'm not a gambler, I'm not interested in injuries from a profit-taking standpoint.

I care about my team not being completely full of sh*t when it comes to the health of our players.

I'll repeat, The Jets have established a reputation of untrustworthiness when it comes to injuries.

If that isn't an issue for you, I can respect that, but it is an issue for me, especially how the Zach and Becton injuries have beenhandled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm not a gambler, I'm not interested in injuries from a profit-taking standpoint.

I care about my team not being completely full of sh*t when it comes to the health of our players.

I'll repeat, The Jets have established a reputation of untrustworthiness when it comes to injuries.

If that isn't an issue for you, I can respect that, but it is an issue for me, especially how the Zach and Becton injuries have beenhandled.

I agree with this. But they can be untrustworthy and still be correct sitting him out until now... Bone Bruise timeline was always longer then the meniscus fix... 

Although Main stream media only reported the sooner time frame. Multiple knowledgeable gambling and fantasy guru doctors (tend to be very connected because it's important for their job) talked about 6-8 weeks for a bone bruise... Including Jene Bremel a reputable doctor for footballguys.com.

I agree I don't trust these doctors on the jets... But I am in the camp that this was always the timeline. Saleh just wanted to be optimistic that it would be quicker. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Fwiw, this is pretty much the exact timeline predicted by Dr. Chao (who has carved out a niche analyzing injuries and recovery timelines for fantasy players and gamblers). 

Try looking up bone bruise recovery time. I don’t see 2-4 weeks anywhere. The most common timetable is 1-2 months. That I’m guessing is for regular people and not full contact athletes who need to run on it, get hit etc 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, slats said:

I don’t have to ask about the hypothetical where Cincinnati gets their **** together this week and puts a beating on the Jets. I know where that one would go. 

This feels like the vastly more likely scenario. Even with the line moving to -6 feels a gimme….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will say the way the Jets release information is often bizarre.   Today we are playing the Bengals.  
If Flacco plays well you have just created an unnecessary controversy by announcing Zach’s status for next week.  What the hell was the rush to release this information?  It’s almost like they are daring Wilson to get back out in the field by making this public today.  
 

As an alternative why not wait until after the game and actually see what happens?   Then announce Tuesday that Zach has been cleared to play.  The team and doctors will assess further throughout the week and announce at some point whether he will start against Pittsburg or take some more time to get ready.   And as an actual positive side effect of this master chess level strategy it might even force 
our opponent to have to prepare for either scenario.   Just head scratching to me why the need to announce it this morning.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Equally as impressive as your amnesia when it comes to Flacco until Nick Chubb decided not to take a knee 

Prior to those 2 Flacco TDs in the final 2 minutes, he was still having a better day than all but 1 of Wilson’s performances last season.  

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Black Veil Drama GIF by Underground

 

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:


2022 season was fun while it lasted!

 

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Wait until BYU fails…

^^^^ People who really want Zach to succeed. Allegedly. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, slats said:

I posted this in another thread last night, but I’ll just leave it here, too…

It is so crazy to me that this hypothetical where Joe Flacco plays balls out this Sunday to beat the defending AFC champs has morphed into the narrative of what is to be. I mean, I hope that’s what’s gonna happen, but the beat writers as well as what seems like almost all of the fans are practically acting as if this upcoming victory is a foregone conclusion. And of course, that going from Flacco to Zach will be an immediate and obvious downgrade, should they make that move next week. 
 
Before we all buy so completely into that hypothetical, there’s another one we should consider: the one where Chubb doesn’t score at the end and they just run out the clock. Because if they had cleverly decided to do that, Joe Flacco leaves that game 21/35 for 184 yards, 2 TDs, and a loss. If that’s the result, no one here is singing Flacco’s praises. Some would be looking for Wilson to start sooner, and others (such as the person I’m quoting here) would be chanting Mike White. Now before anyone gets their panties knotted, I’m not taking anything away from Flacco’s brilliant comeback performance. He got the opportunity and defeated improbability to win the game. As a result, he got another 123 yards passing, 2 more TDs, and a win under his belt. It was fantastic, but can you count on that consistently? 
 
I don’t have to ask about the hypothetical where Cincinnati gets their **** together this week and puts a beating on the Jets. I know where that one would go. 

Dad  will shit the bed today and the Jets will lose!

 

                    - The Flacco offspring 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a dream Aaron Rodgers was retired and people where comparing zachs career and Rodgers.
 

Zach was on his second contract with us in the mvp race and the nyj in the playoff hunt

Everyone on the team felt like secondary characters much like when you think of GB you think of Rodgers, Tampa Brady, Rams Aaron Donald etc


God, I hope this becomes reality 😂🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

1. Good. 

2. Hopefully we start "knowing what we got" right away, and hopefully it's a massive improvement from 2021.

3. If he plays, it'll be 7 weeks away for a 2-4 week injury, almost double. 

At some point, someone from the Jets needs to explain why. 

The Jets have established a reputation of untrustworthiness when it comes to injuries.

I know Saleh floated that 2-4 week window but Chou said that a bone bruise was a very minimum of a 4 week injury and likely 6 which it is right at 6 weeks from the operation. As Zach said himself "he is right on schedule". I honestly think that Saleh is a bit of a rub dirt on it kind of guy and with our injury history the medical staff is reigning him in. I am a Zach optimist but I will agree with those that say he has no excuses with all the weapons we have. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, slats said:

I posted this in another thread last night, but I’ll just leave it here, too…

It is so crazy to me that this hypothetical where Joe Flacco plays balls out this Sunday to beat the defending AFC champs has morphed into the narrative of what is to be. I mean, I hope that’s what’s gonna happen, but the beat writers as well as what seems like almost all of the fans are practically acting as if this upcoming victory is a foregone conclusion. And of course, that going from Flacco to Zach will be an immediate and obvious downgrade, should they make that move next week. 
 
Before we all buy so completely into that hypothetical, there’s another one we should consider: the one where Chubb doesn’t score at the end and they just run out the clock. Because if they had cleverly decided to do that, Joe Flacco leaves that game 21/35 for 184 yards, 2 TDs, and a loss. If that’s the result, no one here is singing Flacco’s praises. Some would be looking for Wilson to start sooner, and others (such as the person I’m quoting here) would be chanting Mike White. Now before anyone gets their panties knotted, I’m not taking anything away from Flacco’s brilliant comeback performance. He got the opportunity and defeated improbability to win the game. As a result, he got another 123 yards passing, 2 more TDs, and a win under his belt. It was fantastic, but can you count on that consistently? 
 
I don’t have to ask about the hypothetical where Cincinnati gets their **** together this week and puts a beating on the Jets. I know where that one would go. 

I’d say it’s likely the Bengals come out and light up our 32nd ranked defense to the tune of a 41-21 loss. Saleh sucks. As far as Flacco, he’s playing against a defense that Cooper Rush had success against last week, so the expectation is that he’ll put up 250 yards and a TD or two, which is an expectation literally no one would place on Zach Wilson if he deigned to play in this game. The stats I’ll really be watching, however, are the numbers that Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, Breece Hall, and Michael Carter put up with Flacco today. If history is any guide, Zach is going to come back and force-feed Braxton Berrios and Tyler Conklin, and absolutely ignore the outside receivers. Moore did all of his damage last year in the games Zach was on the bench: 31 of his 43 catches, 336 of his 538 yards, and 4 of his 5 TDs. Most telling? A catch rate of 77.4% in those four games. Elijah Moore’s “best” game with Zach? 6 catches on 12 targets for 77 yards and a TD.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

I will say the way the Jets release information is often bizarre.   Today we are playing the Bengals.  
If Flacco plays well you have just created an unnecessary controversy by announcing Zach’s status for next week.  What the hell was the rush to release this information?  It’s almost like they are daring Wilson to get back out in the field by making this public today.  
 

As an alternative why not wait until after the game and actually see what happens?   Then announce Tuesday that Zach has been cleared to play.  The team and doctors will assess further throughout the week and announce at some point whether he will start against Pittsburg or take some more time to get ready.   And as an actual positive side effect of this master chess level strategy it might even force 
our opponent to have to prepare for either scenario.   Just head scratching to me why the need to announce it this morning.  

Because Zach is our starter and this heads off controversy

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Still with this?  

Apparently you read lots of my posts but ignore the ones clarifying the difference between “rooting” and “predicting”.

Only because you’re all full of ****. You can’t be on here multiple times a day in multiple threads celebrating the suckness that is Zach while also pretending to hope he does well you all want him to fall flat on his face and gloat about it to anyone who even wanted to give him a chance. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Only because you’re all full of ****. You can’t be on here multiple times a day in multiple threads celebrating the suckness that is Zach while also pretending to hope he does well you all want him to fall flat on his face and gloat about it to anyone who even wanted to give him a chance. 

You think I’m “celebrating” yet another bad young Jets QB.  That’s the issue here.

Go away.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Elijah Moore’s “best” game with Zach? 6 catches on 12 targets for 77 yards and a TD.

Which was also his third best game of the year. 
 
So tired of this alleged statistical proof as well. Rookie HC, OC, & QB. Of course they had problems in the early part of the season. The OL was in disarray, far worse than week one this season. Oncehe got back, most of his weapons and some of his OL fell by the wayside. 
 
Yes, he has to play a lot better this year. No one says otherwise. But this constant beating of the same argument over and over and over again. We all know, T0m, we were there. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You think I’m “celebrating” yet another bad young Jets QB.  That’s the issue here.

Go away.

Seems to be what you’re doing about 100 posts a day. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’d say it’s likely the Bengals come out and light up our 32nd ranked defense to the tune of a 41-21 loss. Saleh sucks. As far as Flacco, he’s playing against a defense that Cooper Rush had success against last week, so the expectation is that he’ll put up 250 yards and a TD or two, which is an expectation literally no one would place on Zach Wilson if he deigned to play in this game. The stats I’ll really be watching, however, are the numbers that Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, Breece Hall, and Michael Carter put up with Flacco today. If history is any guide, Zach is going to come back and force-feed Braxton Berrios and Tyler Conklin, and absolutely ignore the outside receivers. Moore did all of his damage last year in the games Zach was on the bench: 31 of his 43 catches, 336 of his 538 yards, and 4 of his 5 TDs. Most telling? A catch rate of 77.4% in those four games. Elijah Moore’s “best” game with Zach? 6 catches on 12 targets for 77 yards and a TD.

Maybe

Or

Maybe him sitting and literally telling Wilson “they can’t guard you bro”  idk maybe a light went off 🤷‍♂️
 
Maybe he will rely on the young WR’s now after watching them cook DBs all day from the sidelines 

I’m not ready to count him out as a player I’m more concerned about health tbh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...