Zach should be a go for week 4

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Which was also his third best game of the year. 

So tired of this alleged statistical proof as well. Rookie HC, OC, & QB. Of course they had problems in the early part of the season. The OL was in disarray, far worse than week one this season. Oncehe got back, most of his weapons and some of his OL fell by the wayside. 

Yes, he has to play a lot better this year. No one says otherwise. But this constant beating of the same argument over and over and over again. We all know, T0m, we were there. 

The Eagles game was December 5th. If I was trying to make the case for Zach Wilson, I would also hate statistical evidence. What evidence we’ve seen/heard/read this season has been bad. He had one good practice. On his birthday. On eight throws. The next time we saw him, he killed someone in the first row with a pass, then threw an egregious pick, then blew his leg out. 

• Upvote 2

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’d say it’s likely the Bengals come out and light up our 32nd ranked defense to the tune of a 41-21 loss. Saleh sucks. As far as Flacco, he’s playing against a defense that Cooper Rush had success against last week, so the expectation is that he’ll put up 250 yards and a TD or two, which is an expectation literally no one would place on Zach Wilson if he deigned to play in this game. The stats I’ll really be watching, however, are the numbers that Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, Breece Hall, and Michael Carter put up with Flacco today. If history is any guide, Zach is going to come back and force-feed Braxton Berrios and Tyler Conklin, and absolutely ignore the outside receivers. Moore did all of his damage last year in the games Zach was on the bench: 31 of his 43 catches, 336 of his 538 yards, and 4 of his 5 TDs. Most telling? A catch rate of 77.4% in those four games. Elijah Moore’s “best” game with Zach? 6 catches on 12 targets for 77 yards and a TD.

I think the defense is up to 31st haha.

Genuinely will be interesting. I think the Jets have schematic issues on defense. The Bengals have major schematic issues on offense. Predictable, Burrow isn’t patient right now. They can’t pass protect, Jets haven’t been good getting after the quarterback. The Bengals really just need to make simple obvious tweaks that they haven’t made yet.

Stoppable force vs moveable object.

1 hour ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

I will say the way the Jets release information is often bizarre.   Today we are playing the Bengals.  
If Flacco plays well you have just created an unnecessary controversy by announcing Zach’s status for next week.  What the hell was the rush to release this information?  It’s almost like they are daring Wilson to get back out in the field by making this public today.  

As an alternative why not wait until after the game and actually see what happens?   Then announce Tuesday that Zach has been cleared to play.  The team and doctors will assess further throughout the week and announce at some point whether he will start against Pittsburg or take some more time to get ready.   And as an actual positive side effect of this master chess level strategy it might even force 
our opponent to have to prepare for either scenario.   Just head scratching to me why the need to announce it this morning.  

Maybe my theory where Saleh is pissed that Zach isn't playing through the discomfort isn't so far fetched?  

Everything he's done since we found out Wilson wasn't playing vs Baltimore has felt like this to me.  

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, slats said:

Seems to be what you’re doing about 100 posts a day. 

I'm not gonna keep explaining my position to you, because you're going to keep throwing this same incorrect take back at me. 

Meanwhile, not a single other moderator seems to care too much about my posts.  You may consider yourself just another poster responding to my takes, but you kind of abandoned that privilege to be treated as "just another poster" with your PVO thread.  

You live in paradise.  Go get some sun.  Or enjoy the game as much as you can with Flacco under center.  Either way.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Eagles game was December 5th. If I was trying to make the case for Zach Wilson, I would also hate statistical evidence. What evidence we’ve seen/heard/read this season has been bad. He had one good practice. On his birthday. On eight throws. The next time we saw him, he killed someone in the first row with a pass, then threw an egregious pick, then blew his leg out. 

The bold is a bit dishonest. The practice reports, from what I recall, were generally fairly positive, depending on which beat reporter you got your information from. Some seemed to slant more negative, while others were more positive, but with the majority slanted towards the latter. Still, you make it seem like he was just woefully awful during training camp, with the exception of that one practice, which I think is not how I remember it.

And I'm a guy who thought he was woefully awful during preseason, and lost just about any hope I had for him.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The bold is a bit dishonest. The practice reports, from what I recall, were generally fairly positive, depending on which beat reporter you got your information from. Some seemed to slant more negative, while others were more positive, but with the majority slanted towards the latter. Still, you make it seem like he was just woefully awful during training camp, with the exception of that one practice, which I think is not how I remember it.

And I'm a guy who thought he was woefully awful during preseason, and lost just about any hope I had for him.

Would it be accurate to suggest he had one "good practice" and several "OK practices"?  

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

My timeline with the brutal juxtaposition:

39643359-E42E-4A5A-AEF3-2D05B529066A.thumb.png.3b1d39e4af4b3ad8a1b35bdefdf021c3.png

I hope Brady and Arians are happy that he got their best WR suspended by beaking off at Lattimore.

As for the Jets, if they win this game today no way in the world Wilson should be back as the starter.  The Jets will in fact lose a game sooner or later and that is when you make the change.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

3. If he plays, it'll be 7 weeks away for a 2-4 week injury, almost double. 

At some point, someone from the Jets needs to explain why. 

2-4 weeks for a meniscus.

They found a bone bruise.  That can be an up to 2 month injury.  It’s been explained

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Would it be accurate to suggest he had one "good practice" and several "OK practices"?  

Eh, again I think it depends on who you ask. It can be pretty subjective, seeing as there was always variation between certain beat reporters. And it can be hard for us those who can't see the practices in person to know which take is more accurate. I seem to recall there being more "good" than "bad", but I'd have to go back and try to find the training camp reports to be sure (not saying I'm going to).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The next time we saw him, he killed someone in the first row with a pass, then threw an egregious pick, then blew his leg out. 

One pass out of 5 and memory issues define a season?  Other than the hideous INT he was 3 of 5, 2 for 1st downs in a short appearance.  

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This responses in this thread are riding the high of last week and completely ignoring the clogged toilet performance from week 1.  

Depending on the way things go today, this one has serious potential.

When you haven't been competitive in 13 years, the wins far outweigh the losses.  Losses are expected.  Wins are a pleasant surprise.

2 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

"cleared by doctors" notice he didnt say by "Jets doctors" +timing ....curious and curious-or

Right; there's the Jets' doctors and the Wilson family doctors. And we've been told he has to be 110% before he would be good to play. Simply bizarre.