Elijah Moore needs to be better

AlexVanDyke

34 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

tbf he’s not being utilised properly, his strength is not running 9 routes down the sideline, we need to be smarter and play to his strengths but agreed he’s disappointing so far 

What are his strengths? And what would you expect his production to be if he was asked to run just this one magical route he can run?

7 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

You ever notice how opposing coaches very often scheme plays that have receivers running wide open throughout a game? I very rarely ever see that with our offense. Moore is really quick, he should be able to be one of those receivers who is able to get wide open several times a game. I don't think he is being used properly

We had a front row seat to a 20 year clinic by the Pats on how to pick and screen small shifty WRs open and we still can’t figure it out.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Yes but I also think he’s being miscasted as well......too many jump balls being thrown to him along the boundary. He’s like 5’ 9’’ why do you(The CS not you OP) think he should be routinely winning those matchups against 6 ft CBs? ??‍♂️ He needs to be in the slot running crosses ins outs and stretching up the seam....

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

He was an early 2nd round pick.  He should be better than a slot receiver.  Still let's see how the rest of his season pans out.

He’s a 2nd year player. You let him continue to produce at what he’s good doing to build his confidence and let him continue to work on the other stuff. 

He came up small today. He had a number of potential big plays where the ball hit his hands but he couldn't come down with it. Hopefully it's just a bad week and he bounces back.

And no, he shouldn't be put in the slot. He should be on the outside and schemed to get the ball in space. I see receivers on other teams constantly getting open with pick plays. Jets just can't figure it out for some reason.

• Thumb Down 1