Elijah Moore needs to be better

AlexVanDyke

4 hours ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

He gets open fairly easy on short and intermediate routes. I think we need to do a better job of getting him involved because he isn’t getting separation on the outside deep routes.

He isn't a deep route guy.  We have Davis and/or Wilson for that.  Let Moore work the short intermediate routes and the occasional deep route ala Diggs. 

In fairness, I don't think Flacco does him any favors on the short and intermediate routes.   

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

This is the danger when coaches think that they smarter the reality they face.

LaFluer keeps saying WR should be like interchangeable pieces like on Madden when they simply are not.  

There is absolutely nothing about interchangeable about quality receivers, its a completely idiotic premise. Its as idiotic as saying the QB makes the weapons. No, weapons make weapons. Good QB's give good weapons better stats, but a good WR is a skillset that is absolutely not interchangeable in any way

• Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, JetBlue said:

He should be in the slot instead of Berrios. Not sure what they are thinking.

Darn tootin !!!  Not sure why this staff keeps forcing this kid on the outside. He's a slot receiver and always will be. The biggest problem now, is that GW has taken his job, because he is being used more in the slot than Elijah.

11 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Should be slot monster so you can take advantage pf his shiftiness.. But instead we keep using him on the outside. And keep putting him in contested catch situations he simply isnt big enough to be good at.

He should be getting quick passes to move the chains.  It’s tough to see how much flacco is hurting him 

• Upvote 1

Trying to decide what the problem is with Moore.

Are the Jets playing him out of position? Should he be in the slot? Because all of you are so famous for knowing more about Jets personnel than the CS.

Or…

Could it be that you guys once again rushed to anoint a rookie who briefly flashed during his first season and just assumed he’d show up for his second year and dominate. (See Darnold, Sam. Becton, Mekhi and soon Wilson, Zach)

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I don’t understand why Moore has these expectations. He’s a sure handed receiver..but he’s not this awesome playmaker everyone thinks he is. He is a Jameson Crowder, a Jericho Cotchery. He can easily be neutralized. This shouldn’t come as a surprise. He should’ve had that ball in the endzone. He didn’t even try to take it away. Someone like Coles and Cotchery would’ve battled the DB for that ball. He’s a finesse receiver. He lacks the physicality to be an effective weapon every game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I don't think another fan base hates its young talented players more than this franchise.  

He averaged 3 4 yards of separation last year.  But sojf clowns want to focus on one week.  Smfh

Very sad.  Very true.