Elijah Moore needs to be better

AlexVanDyke

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

This is a stat indicating separation when targeted. It does not show what he was doing when Flacco was panicking and throwing check downs to Hall or hospital balls to Wilson. 

Regardless it should be clear as day moore is no X, is it Flaccos fault DBs out muscle more constantly???

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Regardless it should be clear as day moore is no X, is it Flaccos fault DBs out muscle more constantly???

Flacco should only throw to Moore on 9 routes when Moore has a clear win. It’s the QB’s job to know the situation. If he has a 50-50 shot to Corey Davis, Conklin, or even Wilson then go for it. Throw to Moore when he makes cuts to the outside or inside, that’s where he wins. Last year Moore was more effective on the outside than in the slot so the entire premise of Moore not being able to play the X is flawed. 

29 minutes ago, rangerous said:

not for nothing but the couple of times flacco threw the ball to moore he was being single covered.  granted flacco wasn't delevering the ball very accurately due to all the pressure but moore needed to fight for one or more of those balls.

Throwing jump balls to a 5' 9'' WR, no matter how quick/fast/explosive he is, might be the dumbest thing a QB can possibly do.  It's like they thought about the one thing he can't be great at and asked him to do that.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Flacco should only throw to Moore on 9 routes when Moore has a clear win. It’s the QB’s job to know the situation. If he has a 50-50 shot to Corey Davis, Conklin, or even Wilson then go for it. Throw to Moore when he makes cuts to the outside or inside, that’s where he wins. Last year Moore was more effective on the outside than in the slot so the entire premise of Moore not being able to play the X is flawed. 

It’s flawed because Moore has been balling out this year, my bad missed that one.

it’s all Flacco not the fact that he’s a small WR who struggles making contested catches, not strong at the point of attack of the ball and struggles with physical play overall

but you tell me this kid is a X WR in the NFL

okay bud ?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Throwing jump balls to a 5' 9'' WR, no matter how quick/fast/explosive he is, might be the dumbest thing a QB can possibly do.  It's like they thought about the one thing he can't be great at and asked him to do that.

^^^^^^
He can do it no problem and he’s 5 9

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

^^^^^^
He can do it no problem and he’s 5 9

So what's the plan?  Have the coaches sit him down and tell him to be Tyreek Hill?  And I'm sure that if we look back at Elijah Moore after he's been in the league for a few years we'll see him winning some jump balls.  Doesn't mean it should be the first option.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

So what's the plan?  Have the coaches sit him down and tell him to be Tyreek Hill?  And I'm sure that if we look back at Elijah Moore after he's been in the league for a few years we'll see him winning some jump balls.  Doesn't mean it should be the first option.

No the problem is jet fans constantly overrate and make excuses for these players, Moore has been most recently compared to another 5 9 WR in Steve smith which is total disrespect to smith 

smith was a true X, could win jump balls and wasn’t getting pushed all around the field 

regardless Moore is a good role player but he’s not as good as our # 10 pick and that’s okay 

• Upvote 1

Just now, oatmeal said:

No the problem is jet fans constantly overrate and make excuses for these players, Moore has been most recently compared to another 5 9 WR I’m Steve smith which side total disrespect 

smith was a true X, could win jump balls and wasn’t getting pushed all around the field 

regardless Moore is a good role player but he’s not as good as our # 10 pick and that’s okay 

Nah.  Fans have accurately described what he's capable of on the football field.  Those who use fantasy football scores as a measuring stick can't see that.

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

idk - seemed like every time I was able to see the field, Moore was open.  Berrios too, a couple of very easy reads close to the LOS and Flacco dumped off to Hall trying to get him killed.

Hard to tell right now.  Flacco is pure and utter trash.

Glad it wasn't only me noticing Flacco seemingly throwing every WR into a big hit yesterday. 

29 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Glad it wasn't only me noticing Flacco seemingly throwing every WR into a big hit yesterday. 

those balls to Elijah yesterday were all hope and prayers in situations that didnt favor him. he can line up outside and use his shiftiness to create separation, but looking for him to win solely on jump balls seems silly... isnt that what we have Davis and Mims for? 

note: the ball in the end zone, i would like to see him catch because he got his hands on it and had position, i'd like to see that toughness in him. 

1 minute ago, fullblast said:

He's good but being completely misused by this staff. If anything they should have let Berrios go and slid him into that spot. Moore is the exact type of player who will leave here after his rookie deal expires and explode on a more competent offense.

This staff is absolutely beyond clueless. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, AFJF said:

of course the height is an issue.  it could be the ball wasn't thrown as well as it should.  that will come out in the game films.

21 hours ago, The Crusher said:

This staff is absolutely beyond clueless. 

So when they totally buried Mims last year on the depth chart and ruined his confidence, no one wanted to hear it.  The fact they refused to use him on deep passes or 50-50 balls and the excuse was "he didn't know the complete route tree" was the epitome of "over coaching".   Now we have Moore who after 3 games is not being utilized properly either.    Why is he not lining up in the slot, going in motion, taking any direct hand offs or running a reverse etc?  In other words, why are they not trying to find ways to get the ball in his hands?  Why is he running Go Routes?  He is NOT Tyrek Hill and more quick and shifty then he is explosive.  He is not running by anyone and at 5'9 is not going to win to many jump balls either.   This CS showed me last year they were clueless with the Mims debacle and it continues again this year when he is not even activated for the game.   

Mark my words, this guy is going to go another team and revive his career.   He looked very solid in preseason and yet he can't even get on the field because of Braxton Berrios and Jeff Smith???  Lol, only the Jets would do something this stupid; how on earth would you even expect to get any value for him in a trade if he is not even ACTIVATED on game day??  He will go down as another wasted 2nd round pick.  I can only hope and pray we are not saying the same thing about Moore in another year or two.  

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

So when they totally buried Mims last year on the depth chart and ruined his confidence, no one wanted to hear it.  The fact they refused to use him on deep passes or 50-50 balls and the excuse was "he didn't know the complete route tree" was the epitome of "over coaching".   Now we have Moore who after 3 games is not being utilized properly either.    Why is he not lining up in the slot, going in motion, taking any direct hand offs or running a reverse etc?  In other words, why are they not trying to find ways to get the ball in his hands?  Why is he running Go Routes?  He is NOT Tyrek Hill and more quick and shifty then he is explosive.  He is not running by anyone and at 5'9 is not going to win to many jump balls either.   This CS showed me last year they were clueless with the Mims debacle and it continues again this year when he is not even activated for the game.   

Mark my words, this guy is going to go another team and revive his career.   He looked very solid in preseason and yet he can't even get on the field because of Braxton Berrios and Jeff Smith???  Lol, only the Jets would do something this stupid; how on earth would you even expect to get any value for him in a trade if he is not even ACTIVATED on game day??  He will go down as another wasted 2nd round pick.  I can only hope and pray we are not saying the same thing about Moore in another year or two.  

Damn!! ^^ poster I wish I was. Well said brother. 

• Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, oatmeal said:

No the problem is jet fans constantly overrate and make excuses for these players, Moore has been most recently compared to another 5 9 WR in Steve smith which is total disrespect to smith 

I think he isn't over rated.  He's a top talent on a team that can't develop a WR unless he's pro ready walking in the door.    Moore is getting worse.  Lets hope Wilson is polished enough to survive the coaching staff.  

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

He was disappointing but in his defence we're using him in the opposite way he should be being used. 

That said he needs to start making some plays. Felt after last season that he would be the best player from that draft class. 

Flacco missed him a lot against Cleveland. I haven't looked at the Bengals game closely. 

• 4 weeks later...

I posted this a month again and it stands.  He was not playing well and was a distant 3rd in my eyes and maybe 4th.  

i also posted that we could use a different skill set as we versus his because his skills overlap too much with Wilson and berrios to a certain extent. 

not sure where this ends up but the makeup of the Wr core wasn’t ideal.