The Rebuild Isn't Working

freestater

33 minutes ago, freestater said:

Newsflash, I know. We've been sold a bill of goods. There isn't a single unit on this team that Joe Douglas has assembled, competent and talented enough to compete in this league. Thats the harsh reality. 

JD has failed miserably. According to Bob the genius, the Jets fans have never seen anything like this. This rebuild mastery looks a lot like the past 12 years

4 minutes ago, freestater said:

I notice you fail to mention the lines. What you're watching is what happens when you have sh*t lines.

The lines are competitive too. Offensive line is working with a statue, so pretty good on them, but coaching should help them a bit . Be nice to see some short throws and more runs.

The def line also getting pressure all day. 

In any fair evaluation competitive 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

The lines are competitive too. Offensive line is working with a statue, so pretty good on them, but coaching should help them a bit . Be nice to see some short throws and more runs.

So everything is great huh

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So everything is great huh

Well we are competitive at the positions we should be, a major focus and job well done but our GM. Saying it's not is just not being honest.

Questionable play calling etc is different from talent. That's all I'm saying and plus from where we were it's actually amazing.

Even now with so many missed opportunities we have a shot

16 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

No.

Elijah Moore had one of the most disappointing showings I can remember from him, Corey Davis continues to be ineffective, the TEs are ghosts, and well Flacco looks every bit washed up, and Fant looking like an UDFA at LT.  This is on Douglas for not getting a viable backup QB, not suring up the O-line, and also not getting Zach a big bodied receiver that can go up to get all the jump balls Flacco has been throwing up.  Unacceptable coaching on Saleh and Ulbrich's part.  I'm open to giving Payton as much as he wants.  Not only is he offensively sound, but he could get some FAs to come over here, get tf out the way Woody and give him what he wants!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Sure it is. The roster is better. However, it is young and the QB is injured. Add in a HC in his second year, and the results aren't surprising. At least there is hope the young players will get better as opposed to the previous, well forever, when the top of the Jets roster was as good as most other teams' bottom of the roster. Or would we be better off with lots of bloated bust worthy contracts, cap hell, and false hope based on big names?

4 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Elijah Moore had one of the most disappointing showings I can remember from him, Corey Davis continues to be ineffective, the TEs are ghosts, and well Flacco looks every bit washed up, and Fant looking like an UDFA at LT.  This is on Douglas for not getting a viable backup QB, not during up the O-line, and also not getting Zach a big bodied receiver that can go up to get all the jump balls Flacco has been throwing up.  Unacceptable coaching on Saleh and Ulbrich's part.  I'm open to giving Payton as much as he wants.  Not only is he offensively sound, but he could get some FAs to come over here, get tf out the way Woody and give him what he wants!

Are they even using him properly?? Why is he being thrown 50/50 balls down the sideline on 4th and 5? And another where you expect him to box out a db??
Have Berrios running deep. Wtf are we doing??

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, freestater said:

Newsflash, I know. We've been sold a bill of goods. There isn't a single unit on this team that Joe Douglas has assembled, competent and talented enough to compete in this league. Thats the harsh reality. 

The Defense looks to remain the worst in the NFL this year, based on what little quality play we've seen from it so far.  

No pass rush.  Can't stop the run.  Can't make a big play when needed.  Can't force turnovers.

I have no idea what Saleh and his D-Co bring to the table at this point.  I see nothing from him to recommend that he's doing a good job, especially on his own side of the ball, the Defense.

After three full offseasons, the O-line JD has built may be amongst the worst in the NFL.  It's pathetic-levels of bad so far in 2022.

The Offense overall remains TBD till Zachypoo Wilson finally plays, and I do see some hope from the skill position players of Wilson and Hall/Carter.  But Moore has all but disappeared so far, a total non-entity, as has the TE's (till late today), the play-calling is questionable, etc.

So far, miracle win last week aside, we're as completely uncompetitive as we were last year and the year before.

Next week will be a huge test if we've actually improved or not.  Current Steelers team is literal poop.  If a Zach-led Jets cannot produce and win against this team, we are indeed in for a long year of losses, and the usual offseason combat over the direction of this team and it's management by JD and Saleh.

But end of the day, JD's complete and utter failure to build a competitive O-line will likely be his downfall.  If Zach busts too, the JD era is likely over sooner than the "consistency for consistency sake" fans might like.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2