The Rebuild Isn't Working

freestater

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Lawrence is good. Jets had their shot and decided against it. 

Yeah the Jets “decided against it” because the 53 (mostly scrubby) guys playing at the time who couldn’t give a **** about the following year’s draft position decided to try to play hard and play well and won a couple of football games. 

This place sometimes.

3 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Yeah the Jets “decided against it” because the 53 (mostly scrubby) guys playing at the time who couldn’t give a **** about the following year’s draft position decided to try to play hard and play well and won a couple of football games. 

This place sometimes.

Yeah Darnold beating the Rams really worked out

A couple of things really hit home when the games ended today…

We all know winning those games at the end of the ‘20 season was going to cost us our chance to get TL, and now it looks like that chicken is coming home to roost. Lawrence looks better every week, and Wilson…?

We really screwed up hiring Saleh before we talking to Doug Pederson. Coaching matters.  Too bad Saleh wasn’t the guy caught grinding a side piece. 😢

The ‘20 draft, and especially the Becton selection were gruesome. The OL still hasn’t recovered.

If Wilson doesn’t show out this season, we’re never going to be competitive in our division this decade. Allen and the Bills are elite, and Miami made a statement today that they might be also.

Even with the rabbit we pulled out of our hat last week, I’m totally confident in my under 5 1/2 win bet this season, and will continue to bet every week that we fail to cover the spread. (If I’m going to keep watching us suck every week, I’m at least going to profit from it).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

Great. What’s your point?  You said “the Jets decided against it” as if it’s some kid playing franchise mode on Madden.  

Tanking is front office-driven.  Not player driven.  

The Dolphins got into trouble with the league for this exact thing, so we know it’s real in the NFL.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JiFapono said:

He’s terrible too, I’m sorry.  

That actually makes me feel better because I don't feel that the Jets missed out on anything. I have no clue how to scout QBs other than being able to point out the ones I think are going to be bad (I'm usually accurate there). 

I disagree. The WR, RB and Corners are set. Those three units are really good. By the end of the year, I also expect the TEs to live up to the hype. Conklin looks like he will be good.

The DL and OL have been big disappointments though. Unbelievably bad. The S have been worse than expected.

Zach Wilson will determine a lot. We will soon know more.

8 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Disagree.  JD has improved the roster.

What we are seeing is lousy coaching, preparation, and a dreadful defensive system with zero creativity.  

Either bring in Sean Payton or promote LaFleur to HC…

I keep hearing how JD has improved the roster, as if that’s some type of accomplishment after he tore it down to an expansion team level.

The coaching staff may be horrible, but the roster isn’t much better.

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tanking is front office-driven.  Not player driven.  

The Dolphins got into trouble with the league for this exact thing, so we know it’s real in the NFL.  

That’s correct. It’s also impossible for the front office to completely control.  So when 53 scrubby players decide to actually play hard and win a football game, it is what it is.  It’s not a franchise failure.