The Coaching Staff Better Do some Soul Searching Real Soon

HawkeyeJet

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh, in the post-game, just said “those are critical mistakes at critical times and <pause> you know <pause> it’s gotta get fixed.”

I honestly don’t know what I would want my coach to answer in that situation.  I generally don’t care about press conference talk but this response irks me.  He needs to bristle up and quit f’n around.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

I think LaFluer is fine overall.  I don’t know if Saleh is or isn’t to be quite honest, but I know Ulbrich isn’t and I get the sense that there are probably some players who think this as well.  And that’s how you lose a locker room quickly.  Can’t be telling guys to be accountable when the HC ain’t making his D coaches accountable.

LaFleur left McDermott 1 on 1 with Hendricks on the critical 4th down 

LaFleur has Moore run go routes on the sideline instead of using his agility horizontally 

LaFleur refuses to run Hall in non obvious running downs/formations 

LaFleur trotted Flacco out there for 3 weeks instead of switching it up with white

Lafleur failed to develop and incorporate mims into this offense 

LaFleur sucks 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think LaFluer is fine overall.  I don’t know if Saleh is or isn’t to be quite honest, but I know Ulbrich isn’t and I get the sense that there are probably some players who think this as well.  And that’s how you lose a locker room quickly.  Can’t be telling guys to be accountable when the HC ain’t making his D coaches accountable.

Right now LaFluer is the only coach at least trying to make adjustments.  After not playing GW much in game 1 he pretty much admitted he was an idiot and corrected that.  Saleh and Ulbrich don’t do that 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Because their future is going to be made most likely one way or another over the next six weeks.

It’s one thing to have goofy little catch phrases and mantra if you back them up.  It’s different when you use them and don’t live them.

That game was largely decided by 1.) Terrible undisciplined penalties. 2). Communication Break Downs. 3) Half assed effort.

The team has enough talent to be competitive.  Hell they couldn’t have played much worse than they did today and still had at least a glimmer of hope with 8 minutes left.

Maybe the mantra  should be little things matter.  Because they do, and your team doesn’t do them and that’s the biggest difference between the Jets and consistently good teams.

Agreed.  Tired of the All Gas No Brakes crap.  Most of the good teams don't need this kind of motivation to win.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh, in the post-game, just said “those are critical mistakes at critical times and <pause> you know <pause> it’s gotta get fixed.”

Those are critical mistakes at critical times and <pause> you know <pause> someone should really do something about that.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Even in the eagles preseason game.  The d gives up a long drive to start the game.  It’s not flacco’s fault, not fant’s fault.  This is pure coaching failure.

Well Fant has been awful can’t deny that.  Flacco is what he is at this point.  I agree coaching is the biggest issue killing this team 

I thought Saleh was a fraud by the bye last year.   This game was between two poorly coached teams.  The Bengals have a tough as nails gunslinger playing QB and we had a corpse at QB.  

If Zach is a great gunslinger we can win games like this with crappy coaching.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1