The Coaching Staff Better Do some Soul Searching Real Soon

HawkeyeJet

8 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

He's done a good job rebuilding thus far and the process isn't complete. He held out for a six-year contract with good reason. He's shown that he has a vision and a long-term plan. He's done fine. No GM is perfect. He's had hits and misses but this team is in a wildly better space talent-wise than it was when he took over. 

Saleh, on the other hand, hasn't shown a single thing. There is nothing that makes me believe he's a solid head coach. There are a ton of examples I can point to where Douglas is an average-or-better GM.  Good head coaches are hard to come by. If Saleh was a miss then JD needs to correct his wrong ASAP and cut ties this offseason. 

Just being prepared for game day would be a start and improvement for this team.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

How about no more rookie HCs............. How about guys who are actually accomplished, and pay them what they want.

Problem is, most good experienced coaches can get hired by better franchises. We’ll have to find the next great coach vs just hiring an established great coach. This is a bottom of the barrel position. Every team can offer similar money. 

with that being said, haven’t seen enough to judge saleh. This team, if you want to admit it or not is still really young and we have a Qb that was left for dead starting. This rebuild is a process and while I get that not making the playoffs in 10+ years is frustrating, this version of the rebuild is at the beginning of year 3. My expectations were low heading into this season. Next season is when I’ll expect to see a playoff push. Not sure what many were expecting this year, but this is what I was expecting…

1 minute ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

When the 1 cb passes off the 1 wr to a safety so he can cover a rb it’s on the cb 

That’s not true at all.  There are countless coverage combinations and transitions where a CB would do exactly that.  That said, without knowing the coverages and the combo, we have no idea who exactly did not execute.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That’s not true at all.  There are countless coverage combinations and transitions where a CB would do exactly that.  That said, without knowing the coverages and the combo, we have no idea who exactly did not execute.

I get it, but it’s the only explanation that I have for it happening 3 times to the same player (sauce) 

6 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

9 straight games allowing at least 21 points, longest streak in the NFL. That’s not on Mike Maccagnan, Sam Darnold or Adam Gase. Saleh’s in year 2 and things aren’t improving. 

That is the most alarming thing of all from someone who was a defensive coordinator. No matter who the qb is you are always going lose more than not having score minimum mid 20 every game to be in with a chance. 

We just lost to the 2021 SB runner up and AFC champion.  We all knew the schedule would be difficult and the true litmus test for this team would be when we play other bad teams at the end of the year  

we should take a chill pill.   I don’t have confidence in the Saleh defense and JD has made too many bad decisions at S and the OL for this team to get close to 500.  But I think we need to play this out.  2023 is their year, and if they are not playoff competitive we reboot