I’m sick of all of this

ncjetman

Not relied on Becton to begin with for a start so when he inevitably failed I wasn't in a bind and threw money at a senior citizen who went on IR like 30 seconds after signing his contract after my doctors somehow missed the fact that 90% of his bones were cottage cheese. 

What would you have done this year?

I’m ready to puke - this is the worst defensive scheme in football - simplistic and completely predictable - no adjustments no misdirection nothing - I hold Saleh completely responsible and something has to change and change fast - you can hate on Ulbrich all you want but this is Saleh’s defense - period.

I’m also sick of all the complaining about the offense - LaFleur is a good young coach who is calling plays with his hands tied behind his back. There is a reason Joe Flacco doesn’t have a starting gig with a qb needy team - most all backup qb’s are either washed up former starters or never has beens - Flacco of course is washed up - excellent guy for a game or two but always exposed over a longer period - and please stop calling ZW a bust - anyone who says they know he’s a bust at this point is either a hater- baiter or just an opinionated moron. We’ll know more over the next few weeks and realistically the jury is still out.

And lastly really I’m sick of the JD bashing - he has completely revamped a terrible talent base and again if you can’t appreciate the additions of Gardner/Wilson/Hall/Moore/AVT both Carters etc once again you’re a hate- baiter.

It all comes down to this bizarre defensive scheme - every offense we face knows exactly what we’re going to do on every play - we win some sure but we never fool anyone- no creativity - no misdirection - nothing

It really makes me sick

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I'm sick too and I agree with is accurate and perfect assesment.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

You like Joe Douglas more than the Jets actually winning games. He ******* sucks dude. 
The only thing JD has ****ed up is OL ... he believed in Becton .. probably his hubris.

Then when that adventure failed .. he tried to band aid with broken Veterans.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Claymation said:

Again, what would you have done specifically?

This notion that a fan has to have a better solution than the GM is silly. However, don't even have to leave the division to find a team that addressed the same situation in a manner that so far has produced better results. 

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

The only thing JD has ****ed up is OL ... he believed in Becton .. probably his hubris.

Then when that adventure failed .. he tried to band aid with broken Veterans.

He's an "OL guru", supposedly.  The OL should be our biggest strength.  He's also f**ked up with the HC and QB decisions.  Even if you want to argue that Wilson is "the guy", our lack of a viable plan B the two times Wilson has gotten hurt has been problematic.  

I've been one of Douglas' biggest defenders.  I'm not in favor of firing him this year because Woody Johnson is guaranteed to hire someone on the level of Mike Maccagnan with his next GM hire.  But this was a year for results and those results have been pathetic thru Week 3.  Even if you want to blame most of those problems on Saleh, Douglas hired Saleh.  

8 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Correct! JD hired Saleh.

Yeah.....If only Sean Payton had been available, right?  Or Andy Reid, or Mike Tomlin, or Sean McDermott.

Its too bad that the Jets always hire a first time rookie coach.  It's ALMOST like there MIGHT be someone above the GM who is driving a particular hiring philosophy for the past twenty years.

NAH! Gotta be all JD.  Time to fire him so we can get our 5th GM in 10 years.  I am sure THAT will attract Sean, or Andy, or Mike, or Sean.

15 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Perhaps its time for Woody to hire one of the MANY available GM's here on Jets Nation.  I mean, there is AT LEAST 30 top 10 NFL caliber applicants ready to hit the trenches and make the Jets a Super Bowl contender within 2 years!

There’s only a handful of qualified nfl GMs out there and obviously JD is in the top 10%

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Yeah.....If only Sean Payton had been available, right?  Or Andy Reid, or Mike Tomlin, or Sean McDermott.

Its too bad that the Jets always hire a first time rookie coach.  It's ALMOST like there MIGHT be someone above the GM who is driving a particular hiring philosophy for the past twenty years.

NAH! Gotta be all JD.  Time to fire him so we can get our 5th GM in 10 years.  I am sure THAT will attract Sean, or Andy, or Mike, or Sean.

Do you think firing JD would be a good idea? No. It wouldn't. 

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Do you think firing JD would be a good idea? No. It wouldn't. 

No, I wouldn't.  But Nuu, listen to some of the people on this board.  I GET the frustration.  But you can tell JD knows what he is doing.  Ultimately, the plan may not work.  He swung big for the fences and missed with Becton, the Jets won a game and it cost them Trevor Lawrence, so the next best option was Zach Wilson.  But the way he has approached the F/A and the draft shows he knows his stuff.

It will be unfortunate that if his plan fails, my guess is we go back to another bean-counter who knows nothing about the sport. 

4 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

No, I wouldn't.  But Nuu, listen to some of the people on this board.  I GET the frustration.  But you can tell JD knows what he is doing.  Ultimately, the plan may not work.  He swung big for the fences and missed with Becton, the Jets won a game and it cost them Trevor Lawrence, so the next best option was Zach Wilson.  But the way he has approached the F/A and the draft shows he knows his stuff.

It will be unfortunate that if his plan fails, my guess is we go back to another bean-counter who knows nothing about the sport. 

He is simultaneously one of the best and worst GMs in the league. Does well in some areas and AWFUL in others. His line is an abomination.

10 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

But the way he has approached the F/A and the draft shows he knows his stuff.

So just saying things make them true now, huh?

His free agent signings have been objectively terrible to this point.

Our biggest underperformers this season have all been Douglas FA signings. The only one who looks to have provided any sort of value is Reed. The only one you would have said was good value heading into this season has been our worst offensive player.

Honestly some of the takes when it comes to Douglas are just laughably delusional. Have you not seen his two safety signings tripping and falling over each other the last three weeks? **** me. 

On 9/25/2022 at 10:18 PM, Warfish said:

My Neg-Rep was entirely in re: this line.

Third (fourth) season, and we have the worst Defense and worst O-lines possible.

Yes, I too like a few of the skill players.  And I loved his trades of Sam and Adams.

It's not enough.

JD's record is what it is, his complete failures in FA are what they are, his hand-picked Coach (not great) and QB (bad so far, and injury prone) are what they are.  A few VERY early good looking O-skill picks does not eliminate a mostly uncompetitive team that cannot compete at the very basics of NFL football.

This is JD's team.  And it's pretty crap.  Pointing that out does not make one a "hate baiter".

oscars-standing-ovation.gif

On 9/26/2022 at 2:35 AM, Claymation said:

Brown, Becton and Fant are injured. What else would you have done this year?

A literal f*cking cult.

Do you ever actually look around the NFL? The Jets have some of the fewest injuries right now in the entire league. We've only 8 people on the injury report. Why are all the other teams with as many injuries not in a similar state of disarray? 

Every team prepares knowing injuries are a strong possibility - The Jets relied heavily on a guy where injury was a probability. Morgan Moses has played every snap for the top offences in the league - The Jets should have guaranteed him the starting spot and brought him back rather than panic buying a 37 year old days before the first preseason game. 

These excuses are just so pathetic to hear at this point. We are 7-29 since JD has his first full off-season. Other teams have revamped from similarly poor positions and are competitive. In 41 games we haven't beaten a team by more than a score once. This coaching staff is his, this QB and roster are his and these failures, in his third full season are his. 

On 9/25/2022 at 10:27 PM, Claymation said:

What would you have done this year?

That's a dumb question.... JD's problems were created day 1 with his poor FA signings and let's not talk about the draft in 2020.

JD is not McCagnan bad but he is not very impressive so far. Look at the roster of the Bills or Fins...  it's not like JD has outkicked the coverage.

2 OL picks in 2020 and both are out of the league basically.  Bad luck? Maybe.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

That's a dumb question.... JD's problems were created day 1 with his poor FA signings and let's not talk about the draft in 2020.

JD is not McCagnan bad but he is not very impressive so far. Look at the roster of the Bills or Fins...  it's not like JD has outkicked the coverage.

Literally all the starters are Douglas guys the all depth players are Douglas guys but it's totally not his fault that the line sucks.

LOL. The f*cking sh*t I read on here...

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

This is even a worse response. One had a career threatening injury, the other sustained 2 injuries to the same knee. Should he have consulted his Magic 8 Ball?

I personally think the team is in good shape roster wise. I do believe that the jury is still out on Saleh and Zach. After this year I think we can decide what they are.