Not taking a Tackle early is killing us.

Neilos

1 hour ago, Neilos said:

3 tackles injured. Just can't shake the thought that we shouldve taken Ekwonu, Cross or Neal instead or Sauce.

But you also know that if we did we'd have 6 Cb's injured!!

Sauce was the right pick. In just three games you can see that this guy is the real deal. A quiet confidence and talent that might eventually have him considered right up there with the best Jets CBs in history. He thoroughly, thoroughly frustrated Ja’Marr Chase today. I was standing about 50 yards from the guy when he was drafted in Las Vegas, and I’m disappointed in myself that I only reluctantly mustered up a golf clap when he was announced at #4. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Hex said:

Sometimes I wonder if Fant has been bad because he wasn't paid. If so that's a trash move by Fant

Would be a real cut off your nose to spite your face situation given he’s a free agent after this year. He’s talked about how changing sides is hard for him and they made him do it a bunch in TC.

• Upvote 1

I wasn't complaint about the Sauce pick just pointing out that we are clearly cursed and will always get the sh*tty end of the stick. 

We could've drafted Trevor last year and he'd have probably gotten injured falling over his hair whilst Zach took his team to the playoffs.

20 hours ago, Hex said:

Sometimes I wonder if Fant has been bad because he wasn't paid. If so that's a trash move by Fant

Nah, Fant is still dealing with the injury from the end of last season. Stinks that he will miss time to get it semi healthy. I would not want to mess with this kids head any more than they already have, but might be a time to move AVT out there and see what he has. and put Herbig at RG.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Then we don’t take Max Mitchell who’s outperfomed Icky. This draft is looking pretty special for JD 

i don't follow this logic 

if the Jets could double dip at DE with JJ and Clemons they could have double dipped at tackle

the problem is that JD thought the Jets were good at tackle 

Just now, bitonti said:

i don't follow this logic 

if the Jets could double dip at DE with JJ and Clemons they could have double dipped at tackle

Sauce was the correct pick there’s no way to argue a tackle. Especially when Douglas hit a home run on a 4th round tackle who’s performing better than the consensus top guys. If you want to blame JD for injuries to Fant and Duane Brown then I guess go for it. But this past draft looks as good as it can get for JD right now

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

whiffed on Wirfs is what killed us. Becton is a massive bust and the 2020 draft was total disaster.

JD missed a gimme with his first pick in his first draft. He does seem to have settled into the position a bit since then, however.

I can’t fault him or any GM for (potentially!) whiffing on a QB. That’s the nature of the beast.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Sauce was the correct pick there’s no way to argue a tackle. Especially when Douglas hit a home run on a 4th round tackle who’s performing better than the consensus top guys. If you want to blame JD for injuries to Fant and Duane Brown then I guess go for it. But this past draft looks as good as it can get for JD right now

Sauce is an awesome player who's basically miscast in the cover 3 zone. QBs avoid him and they move their WR1 away from Sauce.  

he doesn't produce stats, I struggle to see how the Jets keep him long term. Are they really going to give a hundred million to a guy who has no stats?  

it's going to be a Jalen Ramsey style trade because JD loves moving assets to contender for picks 

Even though Sauce is a high quality player, he's a luxury on this team and they just had worse needs, Like left tackle for example 

Fans turned themselves into knots this offseason talking about how the Sauce pick helps the offense because it gets Zach more chances with the ball 

Sauce is great, i can't say that enough, he just doesn't help zach as much as LT. 

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

I can’t fault him or any GM for (potentially!) whiffing on a QB. That’s the nature of the beast.

why not fault JD for picking Zach? the knock on him coming out was he was fragile and so far he's proven to be fragile 

JD has a blind spot for injuries whether it's Carl Lawson (2 ACL tears with CIN before his Achillies), Duane Brown, Ryan Kalil, and of course Becton

he favors these boom/bust prospects that often bust 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Sauce is an awesome player who's basically miscast in the cover 3 zone. QBs avoid him and they move their WR1 away from Sauce.  

he doesn't produce stats, I struggle to see how the Jets keep him long term. Are they going to give a hundred million to a guy who no stats?  

Even though he is a high quality player, they just had worse needs, Like left tackle for example 

why not fault JD for picking Zach? the knock on him coming out was he was fragile and so far he's proven to be fragile 

JD has a blind spot for injuries whether it's Carl Lawson (2 ACL tears with CIN before his Achillies), Duane Brown, Ryan Kalil, and of course Becton

Because it’s just so so difficult to extrapolate college performance to the pros. I also did not like him coming out but I’ve been wrong tons on QB prospects as have the likes of Ozzie Newsome, widely hailed as the greatest GM of our generation.

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He lost three starting tackles. If two of Becton, Fant, and Brown are playing, they are good. But of course, all three are out. No team is five deep at starting OT. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

he doesn't produce stats, I struggle to see how the Jets keep him long term. Are they really going to give a hundred million to a guy who has no stats?  

it's going to be a Jalen Ramsey style trade because JD loves moving assets to contender for picks 

Even though Sauce is a high quality player, he's a luxury on this team and they just had worse needs, Like left tackle for example 

Fans turned themselves into knots this offseason talking about how the Sauce pick helps the offense because it gets Zach more chances with the ball 

Sauce is great, i can't say that enough, he just doesn't help zach as much as LT. 

Lol you’re already predicting a Sauce trade after 3 games into his career cause he’s too good? Jets fans are a different type 

• Haha 2

So who should we have passed on? Our lock down corner or the passed WR on the team? Had we drafted another OT half the site would have rented planes to fly fire JD! We are on our 4th LT this year - We lost Becton, replaced him with Brown, and then lost brown. Hindsight and all, should a team have 2 top draft pick players for each spot?

Our LT situation and much of the line sucks, but when a team needs everything, it is hard to pass on a top corner and top WR when you already have a high draft pick LT - he drafted an OT, fortunately, as he is starting for us. Had we drafted LT, we probably still sign Brown and we either would be getting killed on D (worse than we are) or our O would be more stagnate than it already is.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

They all laughed at us who were vouching for Sewell. @bitonti remembers.

Looks like he'll be one of the best players in the league soon enough. Just a machine. 

Nine difference making position players in the top 13 of that draft. Jets came out with Wilson and the 14th pick.

53 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Other than jermaine Johnson 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, derp said:

Nine difference making position players in the top 13 of that draft. Jets came out with Wilson and the 14th pick.

AVT has looked pretty good, the problem is he has to look great given where he was drafted and what we gave up. 

But yeah if Zach flames out that list of talent is going to be depressing reading for a long time.

Lawrence looks like he's taken the jump, albeit it's his first year with an NFL coach. Zach needs to step up or this is going to get so ugly. 

• Upvote 2