***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JEFF ULBRICH THREAD

RoadFan

Scoreboard looks good but the Jets D was not good at all. No pressure on the QB the entire 1st half. Run D horrible. Did the 1st rd pick defensive end Jermaine get more than 5 snaps in the 1st half? Never saw him out there in a passing down. Just 4 fat guys bull rushing towards the QB. 

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

24 minutes ago, Barton said:

Scoreboard looks good but the Jets D was not good at all. No pressure on the QB the entire 1st half. Run D horrible. Did the 1st rd pick defensive end Jermaine get more than 5 snaps in the 1st half? Never saw him out there in a passing down. Just 4 fat guys bull rushing towards the QB. 

Um; I realize I was just listening to the game, but didn't the get a pressure on Miami's first possession? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Um; I realize I was just listening to the game, but didn't the get a pressure on Miami's first possession? 

Sheesh. Maybe. But the next 2 1/2 quarters they were getting stonewalled by that dolphins Oline. 

Lets see how they far against Rodgers next week. 

39 minutes ago, Barton said:

Sheesh. Maybe. But the next 2 1/2 quarters they were getting stonewalled by that dolphins Oline. 

Let’s see how they far against Rodgers next week. 

1 TD that wasn’t a PI driven score and a second half shutout.  19 points total.  
Is there no end to the complaining?  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barton said:

Lawson was getting pressure all day.

Hit the QB seven times.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barton said:

This is so completely wrong that it hurts to read.

The Jets pressured MIA's QB at a ridiculously high rate today.  Not everything shows up as a sack.  I can't find it now, but I'm sure it will pop up again soon.

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Lawson was getting pressure all day.

Hit the QB seven times.

He had a very good 2nd half. Good to see. I didnt see much in the 1st 2 1/2 quarters though. 

I want to see the Jets D actually pressue the QB fairly consistently and get sacks - in the 1st half of a game. I've yet to see it. 

Just now, nycdan said:

The Jets pressured MIA's QB at a ridiculously high rate today.  Not everything shows up as a sack.  I can't find it now, but I'm sure it will pop up again soon.

What was the rate in the 1st half? Dolphins QB had all day in the pocket. 

3 minutes ago, Barton said:

He had a very good 2nd half. Good to see. I didnt see much in the 1st 2 1/2 quarters though. 

I want to see the Jets D actually pressue the QB fairly consistently and get sacks - in the 1st half of a game. I've yet to see it. 

That was one of the adjustments they made after they realized the QB wasn't as much of a threat with his arms as they thought he might be. That 3rd stringer lit up the preseason and he had Waddle and Hill to throw to. After the first half the coaches realized the running game was causing more problems than the passing game would, so they made changes.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Barton said:

What was the rate in the 1st half? Dolphins QB had all day in the pocket. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-season-week-5-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games

The Jets registered a stunning 16 QB hits (15 on Thompson) and two sacks, and Thompson was to blame for some of that pressure, hanging onto the ball too long.

The fins ran 62 plays.  16 hits is a 25.8% hit rate, and that includes running plays.  On their 34 passing attempts, that would be a 47% hit rate.

Just for comparison, bad teams allow 7-8 hits per game.

Every other time they dropped back to pass, the QB got hit.  That's insane. 

I'll just let that sit here and soak up some sun...

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, nycdan said:

16 QB hits, 2 sacks. And the DL pressure led to Sauce getting an INT.

But yeah, fire someone. ?

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-season-week-5-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games

The fins ran 62 plays.  16 hits is a 25.8% hit rate, and that includes running plays.  On their 34 passing attempts, that would be a 47% hit rate.

Just for comparison, bad teams allow 7-8 hits per game.

Every other time they dropped back to pass, the QB got hit.  That's insane. 

I'll just let that sit here and soak up some sun...

How many of those "hits" came under 3 secs? 

"Pressuring the QB" after he stands in the pocket for 4 seconds going doesnt impress me.

2 minutes ago, Barton said:

How many of those "hits" came under 3 secs? 

"Pressuring the QB" after he stands in the pocket for 4 seconds going doesnt impress me.

The Q/JFM sack was one of few plays they got to him quickly.  It was Q & JFM on the inside, Huff and Lawson on the outside.  Thompson had to step up to avoid Huff & Lawson and stepped right into Q/JFM.  Why this isn't the standard pass rush personnel is beyond me.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Darnold's Forehead said:

The Q/JFM sack was one of few plays they got to him quickly.  It was Q & JFM on the inside, Huff and Lawson on the outside.  Thompson had to step up to avoid Huff & Lawson and stepped right into Q/JFM.  Why this isn't the standard pass rush personnel is beyond me.

Huff creates legit pressures under 3 seconds, I agree. Needs to be on the field more. Jermaine too. Start playing athletes on the edge. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barton said:

Fair point but let me know when they hold a real QB under 20 pts. 

Who cares, we only missed holding the two real QBs to 20 by 4 and 7 points.  But still, when did this become a requirement For a D?  Especially in todays game.  
We play who’s on our schedule.  

47 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ulbrich is one of the brighest young defensive minds in the game.  We are extremely lucky to have him.

I was about to say 'young?' because he looks like he's in his late 50s but man he's only 45