Woody: just cry uncle and bring back Rex

jgb

Like the two outcasts at the prom, only there because both their parents are chaperones, the sooner they realize that each is the best the other can possibly hope to get, the faster they can get to the backseat of the Buick in the teacher’s parking lot.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Why not just bring back Gregg Williams to run the defense? 

If the alternative is Ulbrich?

Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

Remeber folks, this is Woody. We aren’t shopping at Whole Foods. We need to look for the potatoes with the fewest dents rolling around the back of the pickup truck at the roadside stand.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Since we haven’t done better since I’m going to go with facts, as usual.

Never go back, friend. Always look forward. 

yes, we’ve sucked since Rex. We also started our downward spiral with him here.  Not interested in going back. Plus, he would be an awful hire in 2022 for any team 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Never go back, friend. Always look forward. 

yes, we’ve sucked since Rex. We also started our downward spiral with him here.  Not interested in going back. Plus, he would be an awful hire in 2022 for any team 

When the way forward is an ever-deepening sewer damn right I go back before the waterline goes above my neck.

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Doug Pederson won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles

Could have hired him on open market but JD said no thanks 

Instead Jags hire him and suddenly look like an NFL team and Lawrence is balling

It’s Sean Payton or bust time

Sean Payton quit for the Saints because it was starting to be too taxing on him. You think he's planning on going anywhere near this team?

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'd be down, but only because watching the world burn is a close 2nd to watching the Jets be good.

Girl Smile GIF

3 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

To save this franchise, there is only 1 answer. Go out and get Sean Payton. No matter what he wants, get him here. Look at the Jags and what a difference a competent HC and staff makes.

Why would he come here? Jerry will pay him more to coach a better team in a better stadium in nicer weather with closer access to cheap Mexican pharmaceuticals.

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Doug Pederson won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles

Could have hired him on open market but JD said no thanks 

Instead Jags hire him and suddenly look like an NFL team and Lawrence is balling

It’s Sean Payton or bust time

Because Woody can’t do better than Rex. It was peak Woody. There’s no extra gear. 

I do like Rex. Those were a few great years as a Jets fan. But I think he caught lightning in a bottle. He’s not a HC. He’s a DC. And, before you say we should bring him back as DC, remember that he coaches a very different scheme then Saleh.

Saleh wants to generate an organic pass rush with four guys. Rex was king of the overload and exotic blitz. Rex would likely want to go back to the 3-4. This team barely has one or two starting caliber LBs. Would take at least two off-seasons including 1st round picks on defense again to get there.

• Sympathy 1