Take a deep breath, we are 1 draft/offseason away

WhartonJet

3 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

I know these kind of Sundays suck, but these are the types of games we are going to play (and mostly) lose this year.  The last 2 drafts were used to solidify our offensive core in an offensive league (Zach, AVT, Elijah Moore, Michael Carter, Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall).  Our next draft/FA will be defense heavy and we will ready to really compete next year.

The best thing that can happen to this team this year is a ton of reps for the young guys on offense and Zach putting up numbers befitting a growing year 2 QB with weapons (while mostly losing due to a bad defense).  For all the talk of generational talent during the Trevor Lawrence draft, the true generational talent is in the upcoming draft on defense.  Will Anderson from Alabama is a Von Miller/Khalil Mack clone who will be the next great EDGE in this league.

I hope we are in a position to draft him next year, because its clear pass rush is still sorely needed on this team.  This was always going to take time, but I feel confident in our young playmakers on offense.  Either Zach shows he can put up points this year, or we use next offseason to get a veteran QB.  Either way, the next draft is where we get more young game changers/playmakers on defense to go with Sauce, and I hope it starts with Will Anderson

Will Anderson will be totally useless in this scheme, totally useless.

9 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Too many question marks remain to definitively say we’re a draft/offseason away, QB being the one that sticks out the most.......

I just think we have seen enough in just 3 games to know that we have enough talent on offense to win with competent QB play.  If Joe Flacco's corpse can move the ball with these guys, an above average starter will definitely be good enough to win with.  If Zach can't provide above average starter play, I think we go get a veteran QB in the offseason and have an ACTUAL QB competition next training camp. 

• Upvote 1

I think some coaches staffs would do much better with this team much much better.

The whole coaching staff are rookies too.That's a problem.

It's not a horror story going on But I'm not confident there fine tuning these players or getting the best out of the mediocre players.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

The last 2 drafts were used to solidify our offensive core in an offensive league (Zach, AVT, Elijah Moore, Michael Carter, Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall).  Our next draft/FA will be defense heavy and we will ready to really compete next year.

The offensive core doesn’t look very solidified.

We used two first-round picks on defense this year.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Alentador31 said:

It's literally week 3.....some of you must really be a joy to be around huh....lol we get our starting qb back soon and play a beatable Steelers team next week. 

Its these kind of responses that I really don't understand.  Its only week 3?  So what?  There is less than 0% chance this team competes for anything this year.  Don't you realize that?  Do you really believe anything differently?

This is a forward looking thread, because despite the bad play to start the season, I think there is reason for optimism moving forward. 

2 minutes ago, Alentador31 said:

It's literally week 3.....some of you must really be a joy to be around huh....lol we get our starting qb back soon and play a beatable Steelers team next week. 

Boy howdy do you stick out like a sore thumb amongst reality. 

Let's check in on you once you got a couple more GM/Coach combos under your belt. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, undertow said:

The Jacksonville Jaguars are in first place but we need 5 years to play competitive games. lol

They also are in a division with the Colts and Texans, who suck pretty badly, and the Titans who have sucked. Meanwhile, the Jets are in a division with the Dolphins and Bills who don't suck. Hopefully the Jags game today was like our Bengals game last season.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Alentador31 said:

and what is Zach supposed to do with this OL? so he is more mobile that just means instead of getting sacked in the pocket he will get sacked running for his life.

week 1 it was 2 red zone fumbles that cost us points, this week 2 personal foul penalties. a Safety who went for the hit instead of the tackle. leaving Chase wide open on the goaline. there is a lot of reasons why we lost today and QB is far down on my list. Zach can throw for 300 yds next week and we still will lose by 20 if we keep making these stupid mistakes.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Its these kind of responses that I really don't understand.  Its only week 3?  So what?  There is less than 0% chance this team competes for anything this year.  Don't you realize that?  Do you really believe anything differently?

This is a forward looking thread, because despite the bad play to start the season, I think there is reason for optimism moving forward. 

What kind of math did you use to arrive at less than 0%?

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

and what is Zach supposed to do with this OL? so he is more mobile that just means instead of getting sacked in the pocket he will get sacked running for his life.

week 1 it was 2 red zone fumbles that cost us points, this week 2 personal foul penalties. a Safety who went for the hit instead of the tackle. leaving Chase wide open on the goaline. there is a lot of reasons why we lost today and QB is far down on my list. Zach can throw for 300 yds next week and we still will lose by 20 if we keep making these stupid mistakes.

Flacco has missed quite a bit of throws. Zach may make more mistakes than Flacco but he will make more plays as well. I'm not ready to call the season over. 

38 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

I know these kind of Sundays suck, but these are the types of games we are going to play (and mostly) lose this year.  The last 2 drafts were used to solidify our offensive core in an offensive league (Zach, AVT, Elijah Moore, Michael Carter, Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall).  Our next draft/FA will be defense heavy and we will ready to really compete next year.

The best thing that can happen to this team this year is a ton of reps for the young guys on offense and Zach putting up numbers befitting a growing year 2 QB with weapons (while mostly losing due to a bad defense).  For all the talk of generational talent during the Trevor Lawrence draft, the true generational talent is in the upcoming draft on defense.  Will Anderson from Alabama is a Von Miller/Khalil Mack clone who will be the next great EDGE in this league.

I hope we are in a position to draft him next year, because its clear pass rush is still sorely needed on this team.  This was always going to take time, but I feel confident in our young playmakers on offense.  Either Zach shows he can put up points this year, or we use next offseason to get a veteran QB.  Either way, the next draft is where we get more young game changers/playmakers on defense to go with Sauce, and I hope it starts with Will Anderson

With all due respect, the Jets have now done their drafting. This past year was a big one. 2021 was significant as well. We are at the point now where the talent level of this team is not the biggest problem. It’s the growth, maturation, improvement of the players and the coaching staff. The guys we have now simply need to start getting better. To use a Bill Parcells analogy, we’ve done the shopping for some pretty good groceries. We now have to stop burning the dinner.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Yeah, no way we could adjust our scheme (which has been so great in its first 20 games) to utilize a guy flying off the edge for 15+ sacks a year

Oh you mean like we have adjusted it for lawson, 1st round pick johnson and clemons, jacob martin, etc etc etc.

Will Anderson will sit out at least half of ever game due to the idiocy rotation.  We do nothing to take advantage of our best players on the D line.

I love Will Anderson, will be a great pro, will be a near non entity in this defense.

• Upvote 1