Take a deep breath, we are 1 draft/offseason away

WhartonJet

9 hours ago, dbatesman said:

The offensive core doesn’t look very solidified.

We used two first-round picks on defense this year.

I don’t agree.  We used two high second rounders on Moore and Hall who were certainly first round talents and apart of this core going forward 

9 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I’m honestly kinda baffled how there are still people who can’t see through Saleh’s fraudulent bullsh*t at this point.

Adam Gase, who everyone acts like is Rich Kotite with liquid sh*t protruding from his eyeballs, managed 7 wins with Darnold at QB, Robby Anderson and Jamison Crowder as the top targets in the passing game, a starting OL featuring dudes like Jonotthan Harrison and Brandon Shell, and a defense consisting of guys like Henry Anderson, Frankie Luvu and Brian Poole playing prominent roles…

Let that sink in for a tick and then tell me how Saleh needs more time…

Totally agree with your post but equally Adam Gase did that with a Mike Maccagnan roster!….let that sink in too!!!….., since then Douglas tore it all down, completely undercut Gase and installed his own handpicked regime, and we’ve barely won 7 games TOTAL in the meantime.
The coaching is a huge problem but it cannot be allowed to take the focus away from the fact our GM has overseen all of it and needs his own feet held to the fire here too.

Our coach, everybody’s pal….it’s just not gonna happen…Parcells turned our 1-15 team to 9-7 with coaching, we still had the same roster…. Where is some improvement in these blow out losses…the coaching sucks…a stubborn players coach…………..Get Sean Peyton….

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

Its these kind of responses that I really don't understand.  Its only week 3?  So what?  There is less than 0% chance this team competes for anything this year.  Don't you realize that?  Do you really believe anything differently?

This is a forward looking thread, because despite the bad play to start the season, I think there is reason for optimism moving forward. 

This team is poorly run from the highest point.  You couldn't suck this bad without total inept ownership and management.

All this pipe dream about 1 draft away etc....   please.

Optimism?   Did you see Miami and Buffalo?  

2 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Our coach, everybody’s pal….it’s just not gonna happen…Parcells turned our 1-15 team to 9-7 with coaching, we still had the same roster…. Where is some improvement in these blow out losses…the coaching sucks…a stubborn players coach…………..Get Sean Peyton….

Scene at One Jets Drive after the game disposing of all those receipts

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We are also 1-2 with the worst starting qb in the league.  And have a great chance of being 2-2 after next week.

and why do we have a great chance at being 2-2? the steelers beat the bengals. we are one of the worst teams in the league. we don't have a great chance at beating anyone at all. we are probably 50/50 at best to win against the other really bad teams if we were to play them

11 hours ago, Alentador31 said:

It's literally week 3.....some of you must really be a joy to be around huh....lol we get our starting qb back soon and play a beatable Steelers team next week. 

This is a great test.  The Jets roster across the board is miles better than what the Steelers will put out.  They actually have a HC.  If we swaped HC we would wipe the floor with them right now.  I suspect a close game that will go either way.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

Our next draft/FA will be defense heavy and we will ready to really compete next year.

If the JETS don't address the OL next draft and offseason, we're not going anywhere... The scheme on the defense is the problem, not the players. We need a truly creative defensive mind.

The honest solution is to just stop caring. I did that last year and now I just laugh when things go south on Sundays. 

If the organization and Douglas really wanted to try and build through the draft with a young roster, they should have hired a veteran coaching staff that had experience developing players. Instead, they chose a rookie head coach who, instead of hiring coordinators with experience, chose first time coordinators, so now you have literally everyone learning on the job. What you are seeing on the field was inevitable to some of us. 

• Upvote 1

I really don't think people even grasp how bad we've been.

A 0.01% chance victory is the only reason we haven't broken the NFL record for consecutive September NFL defeats. 1-14 since 2018. 

We haven't soundly outplayed a team since 2019 - Which is the last time we beat a team by more than two scores. Even the awful Jaguars have done that four times since then. It's funny how the Douglas defenders get annoyed when you say he's in year four when to say otherwise is to actually exclude what was by far his best team. 

This regime is putting up historically bad numbers - If we don't show signs of improvement and soon then there's no justification to persist with this. It's one thing failing to make the playoffs but we're not even competitive. There should be pressure on Saleh and Douglas now - No more of this year away bullsh*t. We're seeing how other teams have rebuilt from similar or worse positions while the Jets remain bottom feeders. It's unacceptable. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/26/2022 at 8:16 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I agree that we're only 1 draft away from turning around this disaster.  Unfortunately, it's the 1974 Steelers' draft.

I doubt any team's draft will ever match that famous Steelers' draft but right now it looks like we did just about the next best thing.

1166165191_Top3RoundDraftPicks2022.jpg.2c0bb5a911d2aa0b808e034c24cdc7d1.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Always fun to reread threads about how much we suck, when it turns out that we don't. emoji16.png

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Really just shows how much collective pain we have, and why we all should be enjoying these meaningful December Games!

Lets Go!!!!!! :) 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

On 9/25/2022 at 7:31 PM, WhartonJet said:

I know these kind of Sundays suck, but these are the types of games we are going to play (and mostly) lose this year.  The last 2 drafts were used to solidify our offensive core in an offensive league (Zach, AVT, Elijah Moore, Michael Carter, Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall).  Our next draft/FA will be defense heavy and we will ready to really compete next year.

The best thing that can happen to this team this year is a ton of reps for the young guys on offense and Zach putting up numbers befitting a growing year 2 QB with weapons (while mostly losing due to a bad defense).  For all the talk of generational talent during the Trevor Lawrence draft, the true generational talent is in the upcoming draft on defense.  Will Anderson from Alabama is a Von Miller/Khalil Mack clone who will be the next great EDGE in this league.

I hope we are in a position to draft him next year, because its clear pass rush is still sorely needed on this team.  This was always going to take time, but I feel confident in our young playmakers on offense.  Either Zach shows he can put up points this year, or we use next offseason to get a veteran QB.  Either way, the next draft is where we get more young game changers/playmakers on defense to go with Sauce, and I hope it starts with Will Anderson

image.jpeg.18045de34fda1072e2ab6a436d14a4c7.jpeg

image.jpeg.6191ee6bfad6425c79c7b162d652e2a9.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1