Just sit tight Jet fans......

FidelioJet

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What about the defense FidelioJet?

D coach, tons of resources invested in D and it is worse than the offense.

Tell me why we are suddenly going to be good on D

Bottom line is the offense needs to win games in today’s NFL. I hope the Jets look way better with Wilson, let’s see 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

i second this. QB is not why we are losing.

and call me crazy but i have a feeling Flacco is back next week. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm not sure Defense in the NFL matters a whole lot anymore.

Not to win big.  Saleh is going to have to figure this out, but playing from behind is tough for his defense.

Bring on ZDubs...and we'll finally start having some leads...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gangrene said:

he will not stay healthy as a starting QB in a Jets uniform; it's clear he's not built to withstands the rigors of an NFL season

There is literally nothing to support this.

It's one injury that ha held him back.  I get the trepidation and it's understandable - but this is an exaggeration. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's one injury that ha held him back.  I get the trepidation and it's understandable - but this is an exaggeration. 

Sorry Fido, but until further notice, he’s a Faberge egg. I’m not even sure he returns next week. In fact, I’ll be surprised if he does.

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Sorry Fido, but until further notice, he’s a Faberge egg. I’m not even sure he returns next week. In fact, I’ll be surprised if he does.

I can appreciate this point.  I really can.  And I think, as a fan, it's justifiable....

I just don't think there's been enough to call him injury prone.  But I get it.

• Upvote 2

Just now, FidelioJet said:

His high school , college and NFL  football injuries were obviously imagined.  

Jan 9th, 2019.   

Wilson sustained a shoulder injury while playing in high school. He underwent surgery to repair a labrum tear in his right shoulder.

September 28th 2019 

Wilson suffered a thumb fracture suffered during the loss at Toledo. He missed 4 games

October 24th 2021  

Wilson suffered a PCL Sprain Grade 2 in New York's loss to the Patriots. He missed 4 games.

Aug 12, 2022

Wilson suffered a meniscus tear in Jets preseason game against Philadelphia. So far he has missed three games.

October, November, December 2022  

Zach Wilson, behind a make shift left tackle situation, scrambling for his NFL life, destiny awaits ...

1 minute ago, Gangrene said:

His high school , college and NFL  football injuries were obviously imagined.  

Jan 9th, 2019.   

Wilson sustained a shoulder injury while playing in high school. He underwent surgery to repair a labrum tear in his right shoulder.

September 28th 2019 

Wilson suffered a thumb fracture suffered during the loss at Toledo. He missed 4 games

October 24th 2021  

Wilson suffered a PCL Sprain Grade 2 in New York's loss to the Patriots. He missed 4 games.

Aug 12, 2022

Wilson suffered a meniscus tear in Jets preseason game against Philadelphia. So far he has missed three games.

October, November, December 2022  

Zach Wilson, behind a make shift left tackle situation, scrambling for his NFL life, destiny awaits ...

And the go and do that ridiculous research on J. Allen or Mahomes or Stafford or etc...

They've all been injured.  especially when you're talking about sprains.  Zach is going to be fine.

The NFL protects these guys - 

Just sit back.  We have our future and it's going to be fun!

56 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I get the D hate, but lets face it no D is going to hold up forever. First the O dropped the ball with the FG fest. Had they been TDs we had a shot at this game. Punts, turnovers, and failed 4th down attempts doesn't help at all. And with all of that, the D held the other team (two turnovers in own side of field) to 27 points for most of the game. At some point, the O needs to score.

The D is not great, but in this league a team with a mediocre D needs the offense to score TDs. Before we kill the D, lets see how they play if they ever have a lead, let alone a big lead. Yes, we invested this season on D, but there are still gaps and do you expect the D to be hot by game 3? We are stuck with a LB that is too slow for this system; we have a PR who is coming off of an Achilles tear, and two rookies. The LB corp is improved but not enough; the CBs have been upgraded. It is going to take time.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Guys, rough night tonight...

But we have our QB going next week.  What you're all going to see next week is our future...

Just sit tight and y'all going to know we have our guy.  Future is coming and it's going to be a lot fun!!!!!

I have a feeling this is not going to age well with the state of our OL. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

And the go and do that ridiculous research on J. Allen or Mahomes or Stafford or etc...

They've all been injured.  especially when you're talking about sprains.  Zach is going to be fine.

The NFL protects these guys - 

Just sit back.  We have our future and it's going to be fun!

I admire you steadfastness, you've had it since before we drafted Wilson.

I don't believe Wilson will manage to complete a 17 game season at any point in his career or even complete enough games each season to become a force in changing the direction of this franchise. 

It's not all on Wilson,  drafting a size outlier like Mekhi Becton, watching him miss a season, balloon in size, get re-injured and then signing a 38 year old replacement tackle  because there is no one else available during camp...it's ultimately a failing of Joe Douglas that Wilson is doomed.

Wow.  Chills.  Captain @FidelioJetstill leading the troops and saying the right things.  And it’s true.  No need to be overly reactionary.  

@T0mShaneseemed to let Joe Flacco down today.  To be clear, I’m not 100% overtly blaming T0m for Flacco’s on field performance. Everyone needs to make up their own mind.  But it would be nice to be 2-1 now.  

5 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I get the D hate, but lets face it no D is going to hold up forever. First the O dropped the ball with the FG fest. Had they been TDs we had a shot at this game. Punts, turnovers, and failed 4th down attempts doesn't help at all. And with all of that, the D held the other team (two turnovers in own side of field) to 27 points for most of the game. At some point, the O needs to score.

The D is not great, but in this league a team with a mediocre D needs the offense to score TDs. Before we kill the D, lets see how they play if they ever have a lead, let alone a big lead. Yes, we invested this season on D, but there are still gaps and do you expect the D to be hot by game 3? We are stuck with a LB that is too slow for this system; we have a PR who is coming off of an Achilles tear, and two rookies. The LB corp is improved but not enough; the CBs have been upgraded. It is going to take time.

We went out of our way to get a D centric coach, we have invested heavily in the D, it is poor to trash.  We get no sacks and few turnovers.

D is more disappointing than the offense.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We went out of our way to get a D centric coach, we have invested heavily in the D, it is poor to trash.  We get no sacks and few turnovers.

D is more disappointing than the offense.

The O was supposed to be ahead of the D by 1 year. It took almost 8 weeks for the O to get their act together last year, let's at least give the D another couple of weeks. But even a great D isn't likely going to win a lot of games where the O scores 12 points and has 2 turnovers.

last year was almost all O, this year it was mixed (maybe some more D than O). Lots of rookies and new players - hopefully they will solidify; and if the O can start scoring and keep the other team's O off the field, we have a chance to win a few games. Today, the D got the team a turnover and the O, who could have pulled out the lead (only for the second time this season) and taken some of the pressure off of the D - but alas we get a FG. Maybe, just maybe if the O would give the team a 2 TD lead, the D could pin their ears back - I guess we will never know.

• Upvote 1