Just sit tight Jet fans......

FidelioJet

5 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Zach can come back as the Rodgers / Mahomes hybrid that he was billed to be and it still won’t matter 

We have a ringling brothers and barnum & bailey front office. 

ATL , Det , Philly ,NYG , Chi all have 2nd year or 1st coaches who didn’t  have 1 million 1st round picks and top 3 salary cap room and all look more competitive then us (Hell the folks in chi had no real cap room or first round pick last offseason)

People want to actually give this regime another shot at the draft and free agency LOL

Giants had 2 top 10 picks.

14 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Listen, it's not even about the quarterback right now.

It's about the organization. 

• How do you have your backup, a 37 year old has-been, average 50+ throws a game for the first three weeks? 

I’m a firm believer in the concept that your backup QB should share a similar playing style and skills with the starting QB. That way the O can maintain some consistency when the starter is unavailable. I am perplexed why the jets have elected to have Zach backed up by a QB who is not only not similar to Zach, but in many ways is the complete opposite. Now when  zach comes back, there will be a longer than necessary adjustment period.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I’m a firm believer in the concept that your backup QB should share a similar playing style and skills with the starting QB. That way the O can maintain some consistency when the starter is unavailable. I am perplexed why the jets have elected to have Zach backed up by a QB who is not only not similar to Zach, but un many ways is the complete opposite. Now when  zach comes back, there will be a longer than necessary adjustment period.

I'm perplexed that the Jets medical staff cleared a cadavor to play QB.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Joe has already vacillated between the two unflattering extremes of homerism and darksiderdom like 3 times this young season.

He stands for nothing except an expression of the unfettered id of Jets fans everywhere.

I can't wait to see the meltdown when Saleh and JD get canned.  I won't even broach the subject of Zach busting as that would result in a suicide watch situation for Max.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I can't wait to see the meltdown when Saleh and JD get canned.  I won't even broach the subject of Zach busting as that would result in a suicide watch situation for Max.

Asking the PVO crew to pick between Saleh or BYU is a Sofie’s Choice dilemma for them 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not sure Defense in the NFL matters a whole lot anymore.

Not to win big.  Saleh is going to have to figure this out, but playing from behind is tough for his defense.

Bring on ZDubs...and we'll finally start having some leads...

Defense in the NFL these days is interesting, particularly the strategies.  I'm coming around to the idea that giving up lots of yards and even a reasonable amount of points shouldn't be a giant concern.  The key is flipping a couple possessions per game with a turnover, with an INT, with a 3rd down sack or sack-fumble.  You can give up 450 yards and 27 points if your defense also flips the fields with a strip-sack on the opponent's 30 yard line or gets a Pick-6.  The Jets seem to be trying to build the D around a disruptive DLine and some really talented, lockdown CBs.  I like that strategy....unfortunately it hasn't been working yet.  That's mostly on an underperforming DLine IMO.