Jump to content

This season could be the worst yet


NorthCoastJetsFan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Chicago at home for sure, and I mean come on they have to beat Detroit at home as well.

Then I'd say they probably steal one they shouldn't... maybe a division game or Jacksonville/Seattle/Denver, one of those. That would be 4 wins, just enough to deny us Will Anderson Jr., the modern day Lawrence Taylor.

 

Cheers fellas - 1st post here, looking forward to joining this community. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

Games left: @PIT, NE 2, MIA 2, BUF 2, @GB, @DEN, CHI, @MIN, DET, JAX, @SEA

I'm having a hard time seeing them win any of these games. At first glance, one would think CHI, DET or JAX would be candidates, but CHI has looked better, DET scores a lot of points and JAX is on a roll.

I think we're looking at 2-15, at best. I really hope I'm wrong, but I've been a Jet fan for 60 years, and I've never been so depressed, even in the Kotite, Lou Holtz or Bruce Coslet years. I see an upgrade in talent, but these guys have to prove that they kn ow what to do with it.

BTW, I've just ordered  a 14 week supply of Maalox for use as a Jet game cocktail.

We have a guy in Charlotte, in our group, who screams at times when he is pissed..

"Who we gonna beat"????

It's really a good question.  I look at the schedule and I predict 4 wins.  We are simply poorly disciplined and poorly coached.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Chicago at home for sure, and I mean come on they have to beat Detroit at home as well.

Then I'd say they probably steal one they shouldn't... maybe a division game or Jacksonville/Seattle/Denver, one of those. That would be 4 wins, just enough to deny us Will Anderson Jr., the modern day Lawrence Taylor.

 

Cheers fellas - 1st post here, looking forward to joining this community. 

Paypal the entrance fee to me. I'll PM you the address. :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

I still believe in 7 games.  There's talent on both sides of the ball and Wilson might make a big leap forward.  

This season is different than others in one respect, that the jets do really seem to have legit talent on the roster.  I can’t remember when they had so many promising rookies and 2nd yr guys.  They put mitchell in at RT and we’re all talking about how bad the 2 veteran LTs are.  All we need is ruckert to play and all of the rookies will be contributing in September, how amazing is that?

what we’re seeing here is the classic axiom that the better qb/hc wins.  The jets with flacco/saleh would win 3 games.  With wilson, that remains to be seen.  No matter what they say it’s clear flacco is a terrible fit for this offensive scheme.  How much better wilson is after missing more than a month, it can’t be that much worse.  At the very least they should roll him out to mitigate the LT issue. 

There’s style points to losing in the nfl, and the jets can go a long way towards reassuring the fan base they’re on the right track if wilson plays reasonably well and the offense looks functional.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OLine, DLine, WR, and TE’s are all performing below expectations.  QB is up this week.  
 

Going into the season I thought there would be struggles to start.   The season will be a success if the “need to upgrade” list isn’t a mile long. 
 

7 wins is doable with the kind of roster improvement most fans expected.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

Games left: @PIT, NE 2, MIA 2, BUF 2, @GB, @DEN, CHI, @MIN, DET, JAX, @SEA

I'm having a hard time seeing them win any of these games. At first glance, one would think CHI, DET or JAX would be candidates, but CHI has looked better, DET scores a lot of points and JAX is on a roll.

I think we're looking at 2-15, at best. I really hope I'm wrong, but I've been a Jet fan for 60 years, and I've never been so depressed, even in the Kotite, Lou Holtz or Bruce Coslet years. I see an upgrade in talent, but these guys have to prove that they kn ow what to do with it.

BTW, I've just ordered  a 14 week supply of Maalox for use as a Jet game cocktail.

what is happening fred armisen GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

You guys need to get a grip.

I think Saleh is a clown who is in way over his head, but this team is winning 4-5 games, minimum.

And if Zach comes back and makes the leap to Top 15 status, then we could be competing for a wildcard spot well into December.

And if the 400 top execs at JNJ mysteriously die, Woody will be CEO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

You guys need to get a grip.

I think Saleh is a clown who is in way over his head, but this team is winning 4-5 games, minimum.

And if Zach comes back and makes the leap to Top 15 status, then we could be competing for a wildcard spot well into December.

You really think so? In 3 games so far they've had a lead for 22 seconds, period. To me that doesn't seem like a playoff contender at all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

You guys need to get a grip.

I think Saleh is a clown who is in way over his head, but this team is winning 4-5 games, minimum.

And if Zach comes back and makes the leap to Top 15 status, then we could be competing for a wildcard spot well into December.

 

aqqq.jpg

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jgb said:

And if the 400 top execs at JNJ mysteriously die, Woody will be CEO.

It’s not exactly batsh*t insane to think that Wilson could come back and make a sizable leap with the young offensive weapons this team has.

Is it probable? No

Possible? Sure

Like I said, Saleh is a dipsh*t who is progressively showing that he was the wrong hire. But I’m not totally out on Zach yet.

Now, if come Halloween he’s shown that he’s the same guy that he was last season and has made little to no progression, then I’m done with this entire regime, Douglas included, and we need to once again clean house at seasons end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

Games left: @PIT, NE 2, MIA 2, BUF 2, @GB, @DEN, CHI, @MIN, DET, JAX, @SEA

I'm having a hard time seeing them win any of these games. At first glance, one would think CHI, DET or JAX would be candidates, but CHI has looked better, DET scores a lot of points and JAX is on a roll.

I think we're looking at 2-15, at best. I really hope I'm wrong, but I've been a Jet fan for 60 years, and I've never been so depressed, even in the Kotite, Lou Holtz or Bruce Coslet years. I see an upgrade in talent, but these guys have to prove that they kn ow what to do with it.

BTW, I've just ordered  a 14 week supply of Maalox for use as a Jet game cocktail.

Please add Charlie winner and ken schipp to the list.

For old times sake

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Untouchable said:

It’s not exactly batsh*t insane to think that Wilson could come back and make a sizable leap with the young offensive weapons this team has.

Is it probable? No

Possible? Sure

Like I said, Saleh is a dipsh*t who is progressively showing that he was the wrong hire. But I’m not totally out on Zach yet.

Now, if come Halloween he’s shown that he’s the same guy that he was last season and has made little to no progression, then I’m done with this entire regime, Douglas included, and we need to once again clean house at seasons end.

“Not exactly batsh*t insane.”

In that case

All In Poker GIF by PokerStars

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

OLine, DLine, WR, and TE’s are all performing below expectations.  QB is up this week.  
 

Going into the season I thought there would be struggles to start.   The season will be a success if the “need to upgrade” list isn’t a mile long. 
 

7 wins is doable with the kind of roster improvement most fans expected.  

I disagree on the OL, they are playing up to my expectations. Exactly what we signed up for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

“Not exactly batsh*t insane.”

In that case

All In Poker GIF by PokerStars

We have to be all-in with Zach and hope for the best.

Mike White isn’t saving this team and don’t even get me started on Chris Streveler.

If Zach fails, then we’re up sh*ts creek without a paddle.

Hopefully he proves to have a future as a competent starter at the minimum over the next month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

We have to be all-in with Zach and hope for the best.

Mike White isn’t saving this team and don’t even get me started on Chris Streveler.

If Zach fails, then we’re up sh*ts creek without a paddle.

Hopefully he proves to have a future as a competent starter at the minimum over the next month.

We shouldn’t have been all in with BYU just like the Niners, Steelers and Eagles weren’t all in on their new guns. All teams run in a vastly superior manner to the Jets in every conceivable facet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

You guys need to get a grip.

I think Saleh is a clown who is in way over his head, but this team is winning 4-5 games, minimum.

And if Zach comes back and makes the leap to Top 15 status, then we could be competing for a wildcard spot well into December.

Agreed.  I’m extremely critical of Saleh but I think some are going overboard claiming we aren’t winning anymore games.  This team has more talent than they have had.  Not saying we’re going to run the table but we will win some games 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...