This season could be the worst yet

38 minutes ago, jgb said:

We shouldn’t have been all in with BYU just like the Niners, Steelers and Eagles weren’t all in on their new guns. All teams run in a vastly superior manner to the Jets in every conceivable facet.

Very true, but that ship has sailed. If the Jets have to move on from Wilson, hopefully the next administration won't repeat that mistake. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

Games left: @PIT, NE 2, MIA 2, BUF 2, @GB, @DEN, CHI, @MIN, DET, JAX, @SEA

I'm having a hard time seeing them win any of these games. At first glance, one would think CHI, DET or JAX would be candidates, but CHI has looked better, DET scores a lot of points and JAX is on a roll.

I think we're looking at 2-15, at best. I really hope I'm wrong, but I've been a Jet fan for 60 years, and I've never been so depressed, even in the Kotite, Lou Holtz or Bruce Coslet years. I see an upgrade in talent, but these guys have to prove that they kn ow what to do with it.

BTW, I've just ordered  a 14 week supply of Maalox for use as a Jet game cocktail.

I think if...when?? we beat Pitt everything changes. Will be be playoff bound? Certainly not. But the 2-15 doom and gloom outlook should go away a bit. 

NE is a mess btw. Their 'golden boy' is looking more like a bum (2 tds, 5 ints) and is also banged up. (Pats are 1-2)

CHI has looked better but Fields hasn't. 

JAX is on a roll but also lost to the Commanders. They will be at best, inconsistent. 

DET scores a lot of points. And they give up a lot of points (Det is 1-2) 

It is absolutely frustrating to see so much work improving the roster only to have the team still look like every year of the past decade on the field. I don't know if it's worse than the lowest points in the past, but I hate it. You kinda understood when Rex clawed towards a .500 season with a roster that wouldn't make an arena team jealous. Really no excuse here with this roster. 

week 4 vs pitt = win over mitch

week 5 vs miami = loss

week 6 vs greenbay = win rogers looks old

week 7 vs denver = win- they cant put up points russ looks washed

week 8 vs patriots = loss because we are away

week 9 vs buffalo - win - we steal one from buffalo

week 11 vs patriots = win at home

week 12 vs chicago = win

week 13 vs minn = loss

week 14 vs bills = loss

week 15 vs detroit = win, we are better and zach will have settled in by now

week 16 vs jacksonville = win

week 17 vs seatlle = easy win over geno

week 18 vs miami = loss

I easily see 9 more wins

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

I'm having a hard time seeing them win any of these games. At first glance, one would think CHI, DET or JAX would be candidates, but CHI has looked better, DET scores a lot of points and JAX is on a roll.

I think we're looking at 2-15, at best. I really hope I'm wrong, but I've been a Jet fan for 60 years, and I've never been so depressed, even in the Kotite, Lou Holtz or Bruce Coslet years. I see an upgrade in talent, but these guys have to prove that they kn ow what to do with it.

BTW, I've just ordered  a 14 week supply of Maalox for use as a Jet game cocktail.

Vegas has our win total at 5.5 for a reason.  Just think another tip 3 pick. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Maxta_p said:

week 4 vs pitt = win over mitch

week 5 vs miami = loss

week 6 vs greenbay = win rogers looks old

week 7 vs denver = win- they cant put up points russ looks washed

week 8 vs patriots = loss because we are away

week 9 vs buffalo - win - we steal one from buffalo

week 11 vs patriots = win at home

week 12 vs chicago = win

week 13 vs minn = loss

week 14 vs bills = loss

week 15 vs detroit = win, we are better and zach will have settled in by now

week 16 vs jacksonville = win

week 17 vs seatlle = easy win over geno

week 18 vs miami = loss

I easily see 9 more wins

DeLuSioNaL

4 hours ago, jgb said:

We shouldn’t have been all in with BYU just like the Niners, Steelers and Eagles weren’t all in on their new guns. All teams run in a vastly superior manner to the Jets in every conceivable facet.

What?   The Niners were all in on Lance and were done with Garappolo. He wasn't even permitted to practice with the team. They just got lucky that they couldn't trade him.  Trubisky is terrible - just horrible.  He will be replaced any game now.  Flacco has played better and that is not saying much.  Minshew is nothing more than a back up.  He was not a legitimate hedge for Hurts.  And - oh by the way, both the Niners and Steelers have the same record as the Jets and the Steelers lost to a team the Jets beat.  

There are three reasons why the Jets are off to a slow start - LT , QB and pass rush.  The QB situation is what it is and Wilson will play this week. LT is a dumpster fire because of a combination of poor planning and injuries.  Still, who can predict losing 3 starting tackles by week 3?  And the rookie tackles drafted this year are not performing at all.  The pass rush is a disappointment.   Still, the Jets do not have a premier edge rusher.  

The real story here is how some meaningless late season wins cost the Jets potential stars at premium positions Lawrence and Bosa in particular.  Who really cares now about those wins in 2018 and 2020? Swap out Lawrence for Wilson and Bosa for Q Williams and this is a completely different team.  But so many of you who are critical of this team were happy about those wins because of the inability to come to grips with delayed gratification.  

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

There are three reasons why the Jets are off to a slow start - LT , QB and pass rush.  The QB situation is what it is and Wilson will play this week. LT is a dumpster fire because of a combination of poor planning and injuries.  Still, who can predict losing 3 starting tackles by week 3?  And the rookie tackles drafted this year are not performing at all.  The pass rush is a disappointment.   Still, the Jets do not have a premier edge rusher.  

The real story here is how some meaningless late season wins cost the Jets potential stars at premium positions Lawrence and Bosa in particular.  Who really cares now about those wins in 2018 and 2020? Swap out Lawrence for Wilson and Bosa for Q Williams and this is a completely different team.  But so many of you who are critical of this team were happy about those wins because of the inability to come to grips with delayed gratification.  

nEveR rOoT 4 LoSSSSES....DERP!!!!! mE a gOoDeR fAn cUz mE nO rOot 4 LosS and tAnK. gOoD cUlTuRE aNd mAnY wInS hApPeNeD cUz oF tHoSe mEaNiNgFuL wInS. j-E-t-S DERP DERP DERP!!!!!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Chicago at home for sure, and I mean come on they have to beat Detroit at home as well.

Then I'd say they probably steal one they shouldn't... maybe a division game or Jacksonville/Seattle/Denver, one of those. That would be 4 wins, just enough to deny us Will Anderson Jr., the modern day Lawrence Taylor.

Cheers fellas - 1st post here, looking forward to joining this community. 

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

50 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

What?   The Niners were all in on Lance and were done with Garappolo. He wasn't even permitted to practice with the team. They just got lucky that they couldn't trade him.  Trubisky is terrible - just horrible.  He will be replaced any game now.  Flacco has played better and that is not saying much.  Minshew is nothing more than a back up.  He was not a legitimate hedge for Hurts.  And - oh by the way, both the Niners and Steelers have the same record as the Jets and the Steelers lost to a team the Jets beat.  

Easy to say Trubisky wasn’t a decent hedge now that you’ve seen him play. He was considered at the time to be a shrewd low risk acquisition. Minshew — if BYU plays like he has I’ll be thrilled. And Jimmy G—they had him last year, you know , and kept him and wouldn’t part for low comp. Let’s also not forget that one of the primary excuses foisted in defense of BYU by his stalwarts is that he was pressed too soon into action before being ready. Jimmy and Mitch performed these tasks to spare Lance and Pickett such dishonorable treatment.

To fans of such a team as the Jets, planning looks like the spoils of fortune.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Easy to say Trubisky wasn’t a decent hedge now that you’ve seen him play. He was considered at the time to be a shrewd low risk acquisition. Minshew — if BYU plays like he has I’ll be thrilled. And Jimmy G—they kept him and wouldn’t part for low comp.

To fans of such a team as the Jets, planning looks like the spoils of fortune.

I don't understand, we have seen Trubiski play for years now, everyone knew he stunk, if not, the Bears would have kept him, you were the one patting yourself on the back about him like you had some secret knowledge nobody else had

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I don't understand, we have seen Trubiski play for years now, everyone knew he stunk, if not, the Bears would have kept him, you were the one patting yourself on the back about him like you had some secret knowledge nobody else had

You’re even more wrong than usual. Which is quite a feat.

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This season could be the worst yet 

Or we could upset the Steelers on Sunday, have our starting qb back with the rust off, have duane brown return to solidify the left side of the line and be playing the Dolphins(who will lose on Thurs night) for 1st place in the AFC East on October 2nd.

dave-chappelle-shut-the-fuck-up.gif

I think record wise this is probably another 4-5 win season, but there is still a lot to like. 

Rookie class looks awesome, and it looks like we got 3 pretty good players last year in Moore, Michael Carter, and AVT. 

Still needed 

#1 competent Quarterback 

#2 difference making edge rusher 

#3 franchise left tackle 

#4 Revamp LBs and Safeties 

#5 Stud tight end 

You can live without #4 and #5, but the fist 3 need to be fixed before the Jets can compete. 

9 hours ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

Thank God hockey starts again....

Although islanders might compound my jets hurt by also sucking this year without trotz....

I totally agree I mean on paper there are other team to have schedules just as hard as us for the New York Jets? This is as difficult a season as I’ve ever seen in my years watching the team. I had them going 0-9, so I definitely see them going 1-8. Every single one of those games is completely unwinnable in every way, maybe they could steal one from the Patriots.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

LOL
You guys need to get a grip.
I think Saleh is a clown who is in way over his head, but this team is winning 4-5 games, minimum.
And if Zach comes back and makes the leap to Top 15 status, then we could be competing for a wildcard spot well into December.

Lol this isn’t even remotely possible. I promise you that I am right I promise you 1000% that I am right about this there’s no reason really to watch this team for the rest of the year based on what we’ve seen. It’s a shame they’re just too many holes

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

They not winning more than 5 games. Got one so 4 more and thats it. With this OL, 5 wins would be remarkable.  I was thinkiing with Becton back and an improved roster and Wilson maturing, we could possibly compete for a wild card spot.  No Becton. No Wilson. DL are a bunch of wusses.  No pressuire. Safties cant cover their mother.  HC is a moron sticking with a 50 year old statue.  OC is a moron calling plays for a statue he has no chance of making.  Total dysfunctionality.  Just spent 20M on a LT to replace a LT who has been out over a year and who knows when Brown gets back.   Wilson will be having flashbacks to year one when he was literally running for his life.  @Fantasy Island said it best. It will get worse.                           

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

Not a chance.