Over / under for Z. Wilson # of games before he is on IR.

Kleckineau

7 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Now that he should be starting soon.

Over or under 5 games before IR?

I take the under. 

Flacco may not have much in the tank but he is not injury prone like Captain Fluffy.

Yes I know its negativity but what else have they given us.

Zach has already dealt with some injuries in his short career (Knee sprain, knee tear/bone bruise....thumb injury in college, shoulder injury in high school) but so has Flacco. 

To say that Flacco is NOT injury prone compared to Zach is laughable. This is a dude who has had multiple hernias (one that could have ended his career- spine), concussions, knee and shoulder injuries in his career. He's like a medical miracle out there. Sometimes I worry that with the way he stands like a statue in the pocket he will get walloped right into a wheelchair.

YES- Flacco has put together a lot of 16 game seasons when on the Ravens, when in his prime. THIS is not THAT Flacco. THIS is old man Flacco.  

At least Zach is young and mobile and has bulked up since last year.    

The hate is real. 

"Yes I know its negativity but what else have they given us."

The Jets are 1-2. I think prior to the start of the season if ANYONE said that Flacco was going to start all 3 games and we were going to end up being 1-2 with losses to the Bengals and Ravens and a win against the Browns, most Jet fans would take that and run. Even with the expectation that Zach was going to start and be much improved from last season, most rational fans expected losses against the Ravens and Bengals prior to  the start of the season. So I don't think the Jets have given their fans THAT much negativity. Fans just refuse to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. This was always going to be the tough part of the schedule and we are struggling with an over the hill QB and newly constructed secondary that has had some communication breakdowns (amongst other things).    

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

54 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I take the under. 

Flacco may not have much in the tank but he is not injury prone like Captain Fluffy.

GFY that's how many. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

I hate this thread.   Can we at least hope the kid stays healthy.

This.

While concern about a re-injury/third injury is a legit topic in re: Zach, I think how you portray that topic is important.

JMO.  We should all be hoping Zach stays healthy (the best) while expecting that he may not (the worst).

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We can hope he stays healthy all we want.  Doesn't mean we shouldn't prepare for the inevitable.  Kid has proven to be injury prone.  

Were fans we don't prepare for anything.   We can debate, look at what's happened, speculate on what might happen but we don't prepare.  We root like hell and talk about the results.  Plenty of NFL players have had multiple injuries and gone on to long careers.  

I'm taking the position that Zach had an injury that should have been repaired last year that wasn't.  Now it is.   He's not proven anything.   Hope he proves he's the real deal.  If he is the NY Jets are going to be a lot of fun to watch.  It's been a long time since that was the case.  

Namath was injury prone.  It was a blast to watch Jets games when he was running the show.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Were fans we don't prepare for anything.   We can debate, look at what's happened, speculate on what might happen but we don't prepare.  We root like hell and talk about the results.  Plenty of NFL players have had multiple injuries and gone on to long careers.  

I'm taking the position that Zach had an injury that should have been repaired last year that wasn't.  Now it is.   He's not proven anything.   Hope he proves he's the real deal.  If he is the NY Jets are going to be a lot of fun to watch.  It's been a long time since that was the case.  

Namath was injury prone.  It was a blast to watch Jets games when he was running the show.  

As soon as Wilson toughs out a game while hurt like Namath I'll buy what you're selling here.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

I take the under. 

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

The Jets are 1-2. I think prior to the start of the season if ANYONE said that Flacco was going to start all 3 games and we were going to end up being 1-2 with losses to the Bengals and Ravens and a win against the Browns, most Jet fans would take that and run. Even with the expectation that Zach was going to start and be much improved from last season, most rational fans expected losses against the Ravens and Bengals prior to  the start of the season. So I don't think the Jets have given their fans THAT much negativity. Fans just refuse to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. This was always going to be the tough part of the schedule and we are struggling with an over the hill QB and newly constructed secondary that has had some communication breakdowns (amongst other things).    

The way they lost is beyond pathetic, no pass rush, dumb penalties, bad play calling, crappy coaching…

a competitive loss woulda been ok… 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PepPep said:

The Jets are 1-2. I think prior to the start of the season if ANYONE said that Flacco was going to start all 3 games and we were going to end up being 1-2 with losses to the Bengals and Ravens and a win against the Browns, most Jet fans would take that and run.

The problem with this is that the Jets are lucky to be 1-2, and of the 2 games that the Jets lost, they weren't competitive.  If the running back takes a knee before he extended the Browns lead to 13 points, the game would have been over, and the team would be 0-3.  Non competitive against both the Ravens at home and the Bengals at home.  

Now, if the Jets were 1-2, and the losses were very competitive, then that's another story.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Were fans we don't prepare for anything.  

Maybe that's part of the problem with this fanbase/JN.  I was always taught to hope for the best, prepare for the worst.  Seems like plenty of fans here have no idea how to handle failure.  Which is surprising given that that's all this franchise has done for the last 12 (or 50) years.  You would think all of us would be experts at it by now.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe that's the problem.  I was always taught to hope for the best, prepare for the worst.  Seems like plenty of fans here have no idea how to handle failure.  Which is surprising given that that's all this franchise has done for the last 12 (or 50) years.  

It would be horrible if he gets hurt again. Putting aside he’s a Jet and a human being, that guarantees he is handed the starting job again next year since “we don’t yet know what we have.”

Everyone — optimists and pessimists alike should want as many snaps as possible outta him this year.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Biggs said:

I hate this thread.   Can we at least hope the kid stays healthy.

Logical Jet fans would agree.  Others seem to just want to be “right” about him being a bust.  No we have no idea if he is or isn’t but not giving him a chance  to prove himself just isn’t being fair 

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

It would be horrible if he gets hurt again. Putting aside he’s a Jet and a human being, that guarantees he is handed the starting job again next year since “we don’t yet know what we have.”

Everyone — optimists and pessimists alike should want as many snaps as possible outta him this year.

If he gets hurt again that will be his 3rd significant injury in 2 years.  Any reasonable front office would know you need to start looking at serious QB1 candidates after that happens, regardless of whether you believe Wilson is any good or not.

But of course a "reasonable front office" is something this franchise has lacked for decades, so....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Logical Jet fans would agree.  Others seem to just want to be “right” about him being a bust.  No we have no idea if he is or isn’t but not giving him a chance  to prove himself just isn’t being fair 

No idea?  None?  Everything that's happened to date isn't data?

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

If he gets hurt again that will be his 3rd significant injury in 2 years.  Any reasonable front office would know you need to start looking at serious QB1 candidates after that happens, regardless of whether you believe Wilson is any good or not.

But of course a "reasonable front office" is something this franchise has lacked for decades, so....

Yeah “reasonable” is the rub lol 

• Haha 1