Hire an Offensive HC this offseason

kevinc855

I don't think Saleh makes it past this year if things continue to go south this year. 

1) JD may try to save his own job placing the blame at HC. Yes, he hired him and its a bad look for him. He prob convinces Woody its time for a change and he hires the next HC.

2) Should Zach Wilson show any positive development I want QB focused HC for year 3. Its pivotal. Look at what McDaniel and Daboll are doing. Its night and day. 

3) We have weapons on offense, a strong willed offensive focused HC can help harness it and stir a young OC if we retain LaFlour.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

I don't think Saleh makes it past this year if things continue to go south this year. 

1) JD may try to save his own job placing the blame at HC. Yes, he hired him and its a bad look for him. He prob convinces Woody its time for a change and he hires the next HC.

2) Should Zach Wilson show any positive development I want QB focused HC for year 3. Its pivotal. Look at what McDaniel and Daboll are doing. Its night and day. 

3) We have weapons on offense, a strong willed offensive focused HC can help harness it and stir a young OC if we retain LaFlour.

If zach shows progress they probably win a few games and Saleh goes nowhere. If zach sucks and they end up with a top 2 pick. New coach and they will probably take a new QB.

• Sympathy 1

Do a lot of you people think we had a super bowl contending team this year or something? I don’t get these crazy posts. This team was complete trash when saleh got here. Zero talent. We’re starting Joe Flacco right now. What we’re the expectations? Saleh will get at least 3 seasons, probably 4.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Not gonna happen ....yet

I see 1st they use a sacrificial lamb in Ulbrich which will buy them ...eh at least half a season I guess.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

Do a lot of you people think we had a super bowl contending team this year or something? I don’t get these crazy posts. This team was complete trash when saleh got here. Zero talent. We’re starting Joe Flacco right now. What we’re the expectations? 

So do the Jets not have talent or is Flacco the culprit here?

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Didn't we try that with Gase???

It's so much deeper than replace the HC. This team is now one of the most dysfunctional in all of sports. NOT just football.

What teams are worse when it comes to how they are run, their status etc???

Isn’t McDaniel 0-3 right now with wat is considered a playoff roster?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

So do the Jets not have talent or is Flacco the culprit here?

Our most talented players on offense are either rookies or second year players. offensive line is beat up and Flacco is the most immobile qb playing. It’s a mixture of growing pains and mediocre qb play. Just like for every other team, this offense will only go if the qb can get the job done.

• Upvote 1

Just promote LaFluer. We'll probably have to grit our teeth and take some lumps while he adjusts to being a HC (and he may not even have the chops) but he might be the first Jets OC that actually knows what he's doing since Brett Favre told Schotty to shut the hell up and go sit in the corner.

Sean Payton is a pipe dream.

43 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Do a lot of you people think we had a super bowl contending team this year or something? I don’t get these crazy posts. This team was complete trash when saleh got here. Zero talent. We’re starting Joe Flacco right now. What we’re the expectations? Saleh will get at least 3 seasons, probably 4.

Saleh will NOT get four seasons and probably not 3.

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

Whats Chicago and Detroits excuse??????

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

The expectation in the nfl is to win games

Not sure Saleh is the guy but even if Zach was healthy not sure many people would have the team better than 1-2 so far. Let’s give Zach a few games and see if the team is more competitive. The awful defense is a major concern however, especially since that is supposed to be saleh’s specialty. Ulbrich seems clueless.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Let LaFleur focus on the offense

Middleton would be the perfect interim HC

They can interview LaFleur for the HC job after the season if they want

I didn't necessarily mean right now. Just before he gets poached for some other team's HC job.

I suspect the team has to end on a truly horrific record for Saleh to go during or at the end of the season. I say this with every head coach but dumping a new coach after one or two years isn't going to make candidates to replace him feel great about job security. It's going to make it more difficult to hire somebody with experience to come in. Look at the contract they had to give Douglas to get him to come here as a GM. There's a reason why this team has to keep hiring coordinators with little to no serious interest from experienced head coaches. 

LaFleur is not ready to take a head coaching position. He's still making some big mistakes as an OC and would benefit from somebody with more experience keeping him on the right path. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I didn't necessarily mean right now. Just before he gets poached for some other team's HC job.

Lafuer is not getting poached for any HC job lmfaooo don’t make me laugh 

he will be back in SF or riding big bros staff after he’s 86’ed with Saleh, JD and the rest of the clown show