Sometimes the embryo doesn’t implant

Sorry to hear this.

We have a friend couple who struggled with countless miscarriages, fertility treatments, etc.

She would always miscarry when they got to a certain week in the pregnancy.  It never did work out for them.

As far as NFL football, it's the head coach's job to make things come together.  That's why you hire him and pay him the big bucks.

My brother in law (wife's brother) and his wife had this exact problem...they never were able to have any kids despite several attempts with fertility stuff, IV, etc.  They have a lot of nice things...nice house, cars, etc. But there's a sadness about them that I think is there every time we have family get togethers (my wife and I have two sons...both young adults, now).

27 minutes ago, BrokeFatLonely said:

Before my divorce my wife and were struggling with infertility. Doctors really couldn’t do anything for us. We spent tons of $$ IVF only to be disappointed time after time. 

During the last time I remember the doctor telling us. “You did everything right, the lining looks good, the embryo looks good, it just up to the embryo to do what it’s supposed to do”. 

Kind of reminds me of the Joe Douglas Jets. I think he did a lot of things right from a team building standpoint. He handed the keys over to a head coach with a good resume who the fans wanted. Unfortunately sometimes it just doesn’t come together. 

Not declaring this a failed rebuild yet, but I think we are heading in that direction. I actually feel bad for Douglas because I get it. 

Not buying. This is JD and his bots infiltrating the boards! Nice try. 

They’re becoming aware and assimilate via emotional reaction:

83C067F1-9395-4D0F-9335-BFAF4AB5465E.thumb.jpeg.52889ffd36a4df1716a3882a7359545f.jpeg

?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BrokeFatLonely said:

Before my divorce my wife and were struggling with infertility. Doctors really couldn’t do anything for us. We spent tons of $$ IVF only to be disappointed time after time. 

During the last time I remember the doctor telling us. “You did everything right, the lining looks good, the embryo looks good, it just up to the embryo to do what it’s supposed to do”. 

Kind of reminds me of the Joe Douglas Jets. I think he did a lot of things right from a team building standpoint. He handed the keys over to a head coach with a good resume who the fans wanted. Unfortunately sometimes it just doesn’t come together. 

Not declaring this a failed rebuild yet, but I think we are heading in that direction. I actually feel bad for Douglas because I get it. 

Don’t feel bad for JD he’s being paid handsomely 

• Upvote 1

I have a pal that spent a small fortune on IVF. On their last try it worked out but his wife ended up with two viable embryos but dual high risk pregnancies and premature births. It seems they spent even more on the pregnancy and medical care after birth than they spent on IVF. I don't have kids and don't personally understand wanting to go through all of that but I can sympathize with the difficult decisions and heartbreak involved when it doesn't work out. 

Although Douglas's build has not been perfect, and it never is, I think he made a reasonable choice at the time from the options available to him. It's not like there were many great coaches available and this team, especially in the state of the roster at that time, is not a desirable location for experienced head coaches. All we can do as fans is hope Saleh turns the corner or Douglas can use an improved roster to lure an upgrade. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Feeling everyones pain. Over the past 2 seasons, they have been out of games 12 times with 5 minutes or more to go in Q2. They are woefully unprepapred and out coached in virtually every situation. They should be 0-3 this season but for an absolute miracle in Cleveland. Yesterday JFM showed exactly why this CS is a failure. That stupid RTP penalty absolutely changed the complexion of the game and in my humble opinion, it was lights out from there. He should have been sent to the locker room and / or benched the rest of the game instead of laughing in the post game. Anyone else here laughing after that debacle? I wasn't. These are coaching things that have gone horribly wrong. Again, just my opinion. 1 vote for Sean Payton from me. They need to do anything and everything to get him here for next season. Enough of these guys who talk but can never ever walk the walk. We need a legitimate NFL caliber HC, similar to what Doug Pederson is doing in J-Ville. I have to say, I am jealous.

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I thought his username might be a @The Crusher alt until I got to the "lonely" part.  With a beautiful wife, 5 kids, and plenty of food to feel his feelings for him when needed, Crusher is NEVER lonely, lol.  

Actually, myself and the ageless Mrs. Crusher are officially empty nesters! She hates it and I act like it bothers me. We got two dogs and our first grandchild so slowly ramping back up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

POINT 1: Sorry to hear about the personal stuff.

POINT 2: You NAILED the Jets stuff.

If people can't see that JD knows what he is doing, then they choose to be blind homers.  The past failings and frustration of the fan base will be his undoing.  But the man knows what he is doing.

That said, sometimes you put a plan together, and it just doesn't work.  And in this world, you don't get a chance to fix it.  There is no patience for on-the-job training anymore.  You come out of the gate a champion, or you move aside and look for the person who can.

Its a GREAT strategy.....

• Upvote 2

Do you generally think it's bad to get rid of a coach/GM midseason, or is the earlier the better?

I kind of think it's demoralizing/chaotic for the players, tough for the new coach, and of course tough to find the coach/GM midseason. Do you think a midseason change is likely? I don't. And I think the players like Saleh a lot.

I know one thing, and this really speaks to the romantic longing part of me - I really don't need this! I dream of glory one day. "Recent" memories like John Hall's field goal against the Raiders, and the AFC Championship games keep me hanging on, but man oh man this organization just can't set itself up right, and rooting for them is a waste of time. They just keep missing on player after player after player, and we are still left with a sub-par roster, one of the absolute worst in the NFL. And I am left with anxiety and sadness, just like when I crushed on the girl out of my league in high school!

• Upvote 1

I think a lot of what Douglas has done has made sense conceptually, with some obvious flaws.

The thing that sticks out the most to me as a shared problem between Douglas and Saleh is the DL. I think coaching comes into play there, but I also think high end guys are high end guys. They can beat the guy in front of them. Douglas has invested a lot there with very little to show for it. Saleh’s staff doesn’t seem to have improved the group, but I also just don’t think the group is good enough to do what it needs to in order for this defense to be successful.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

Feeling everyones pain. Over the past 2 seasons, they have been out of games 12 times with 5 minutes or more to go in Q2. They are woefully unprepapred and out coached in virtually every situation. They should be 0-3 this season but for an absolute miracle in Cleveland. Yesterday JFM showed exactly why this CS is a failure. That stupid RTP penalty absolutely changed the complexion of the game and in my humble opinion, it was lights out from there. He should have been sent to the locker room and / or benched the rest of the game instead of laughing in the post game. Anyone else here laughing after that debacle? I wasn't. These are coaching things that have gone horribly wrong. Again, just my opinion. 1 vote for Sean Payton from me. They need to do anything and everything to get him here for next season. Enough of these guys who talk but can never ever walk the walk. We need a legitimate NFL caliber HC, similar to what Doug Pederson is doing in J-Ville. I have to say, I am jealous.

When a defender gets a roughing call it sucks but at least it is a penalty borne out of aggression. At least JFM is trying 

The Joyner late hit was less significant but a similar penalty 

The defense made mistakes because they were pressing to make plays 

Because the offense is among the league's worst, again. 

The league in 2022 everything centers around the offense and scoring points. No defense pitches a shut out anymore 

It's up to the offense to score more and take pressure off the defense 

When has the defense ever played with the lead? For 22 seconds? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If Douglas made a mistake with Saleh or Zach he shouldn't be given the chance to make another huge mistake 

What has JD done to earn trust? Sign Duane Brown? 

Garrett Wilson, elijah moore, breece hall and Michael Carter collectively are the most talented young offensive players this team has drafted in decades.... so let's fire the guy that drafted them so Woody can hire the next Idzik.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

I didn’t realize he was laughing.  Kind of crappy to realize these guys don’t care. 

50 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm wondering if the first step isn't letting Saleh correct HIS mistake and letting him fire Ulbrich.  If no change,  THEN JD fires Saleh...

Time is of the essence here.

The key is to tank it up, secure the #1 overall pick and allow Sean Payton to draft the QB of his choice. ?

This team is going nowhere under Saleh.  Didn't think it was possible to find somebody worse than Adam Gase, but Christopher Johnson has managed to carve out new lows.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

I have a pal that spent a small fortune on IVF. On their last try it worked out but his wife ended up with two viable embryos but dual high risk pregnancies and premature births. It seems they spent even more on the pregnancy and medical care after birth than they spent on IVF. I don't have kids and don't personally understand wanting to go through all of that but I can sympathize with the difficult decisions and heartbreak involved when it doesn't work out. 

Although Douglas's build has not been perfect, and it never is, I think he made a reasonable choice at the time from the options available to him. It's not like there were many great coaches available and this team, especially in the state of the roster at that time, is not a desirable location for experienced head coaches. All we can do as fans is hope Saleh turns the corner or Douglas can use an improved roster to lure an upgrade. 

Sean Payton Nfl GIF by New Orleans Saints

This Guy! Hoping Dallas wins Super Bowl so McCarthy has to be extended; freeing up Sean.

3 hours ago, BrokeFatLonely said:

Great post, and I’m sorry about the infertility struggles. My mom actually thought she was infertile after trying for years and years. Then she let it go and got pregnant with my brother, then me eight years later. Go figure.

But the premise is spot on. From top to bottom, the process has been correct. The Johnsons hired a qualified, in demand GM and gave him full control. The GM hired the coach many of us wanted. The drafts and trades have put an emphasis on premium positions. And we still have nothing to show for it. 

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

This Guy! Hoping Dallas wins Super Bowl so McCarthy has to be extended; freeing up Sean.

Hard to argue that he would be an upgrade over any coach in the past two decades, but I would be highly surprised if he would consider coming to the Jets for any amount of money. He's going to get attention from every team with a head coach need or want. 

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

This organization needs a culture shock. I think we’ve been looking for the wrong brand of savior. We need one wearing a headset perhaps even more than one wearing an armband.

But I have a myriad of doubts Sean will come here, starting with:

1. This kind of bidding war, big-game hunting doesn’t seem to fit our plodding owner

2. Even if Woody did make a play, I’d be convinced any reciprocation from Sean would be feigned to increase whatever final offer he gets from the team he really wants

Probably the only chance Jets have is to jettison Saleh mid-season and overwhelm Sean with an offer of such riches and control, that he’s bagged before others (e.g., Jerry Jones) can join the race. Still unlikely because Sean will know time is on his side and will bide it for all it’s worth.

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

This organization needs a culture shock. I think we’ve been looking for the wrong brand of savior. We need one wearing a headset perhaps even more than one wearing an armband.

But I have a myriad of doubts Sean will come here, starting with:

1. This kind of bidding war, big-game hunting doesn’t seem to fit our plodding owner

2. Even if Woody did make a play, I’d be convinced any reciprocation from Sean would be feigned to increase whatever final offer he gets from the team he really wants

Probably the only chance Jets have is to jettison Saleh mid-season and overwhelm Sean with an offer of such riches and control, that he’s bagged before others (e.g., Jerry Jones) can join the race. Still unlikely because Sean will know time is on his side and will bide it for all it’s worth.

Unfortunately won’t happen, he’s a Cowboy. We will be left taking up the latest hot Coordinator, who of course will be sh*t.

6 hours ago, BrokeFatLonely said:

I agree; Saleh might not be the right HC. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. I think 3 games into the 2nd year isn't when you pull the plug on the decision, IMO.

It is also hard to tell this year. Not making excuses.- wins are wins, losses are losses. And, quite frankly the team looks lost. However, we are playing with out #2 QB and #3 LT. The great BB has the same record as us playing with the #1 QB and #1 LT. Again, no excuses as injuries are part of the game, but it is hard to evaluate the O when they are band aided together. It is hard to evaluate the D completely as they have only had the lead for 22 seconds. I am hopeful that Saleh and staff will turn the team around, but if there needs to be a change, I doubt it happens before the end of the year.