Jets Could be Down to Fourth Left Tackle as Zach Wilson Prepares to Return

JetNation

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You guys are just too much.

4th string T about to start...

And somehow this one turns into a bash ZW thread.

Comical.  The kid hasn't even played yet and he's being attacked.    

The Jets' rookie quarterback registered the fourth-worst passer rating under pressure of the group (48.6). In these scenarios, he went 34-for-116 — the worst completion percentage (29.3%) of the group. He tied for third with just 27 first downs, and his receivers found the endzone only once when he was under pressure.

• Upvote 1

I guess RT Becton counts as one of those three left tackles, or is Fant being counted twice?

Not that he’s great but this is where the Edoga cut continues to look iffy. And just the overall lack of trying to develop young mid-late round draft picks on the OL. Mitchell has come in and been better than the replacement level veteran backups, have some more of that upside on the roster than guys who have been in the league and we know aren’t very good.

Also not ideal for a young player but I think I’d rather roll out AVT-Tomlinson-McGovern-Herbig-Mitchell than McDermott-Tomlinson-McGovern-AVT-Mitchell.

I don’t give a **** who succeeds or fails just want any QB to be a success on this team. I root for whoever is playing. Never understood the whole wanting someone on your team to fail. Been a fan way to long for that narrative. I understand if its a player you didn’t want drafted. I preferred Fields but Wilson is our QB so I hope  for him to succeed and not be ruined by the NYJ or himself. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Hasn’t even played yet? Love how this is the new defense. Just act like last year doesn’t exist. So who was that handsome young man I saw running around last year grounding balls to Michael Carter?

And you guys act like QB's don't get better.  A young QB, from a relatively small school, starts on a young team - has a tough first 7 of 8 games - shows real progress over the last quarter of the season...

And it's impossible that progress continues.  

It's like he's wronged you guys in another life or something.  Zach's coming back next week and he's going to play - we'll know more over the next couple of weeks.

The animosity toward him at this point is really just strange....

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Ickey has been bad through 3 games. He would been benched behind Becton and Fant until injury. Mitchell has been better than Ickey. Taking Ickey would’ve been a waste of a top 5 pick.

Ikeys been better than any of the jets LT through 3 games and he's trending upward

He would have started at LT game 1.

Pff grades are suspect for linemen. 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If Chad had more arm strength he'd be better but still be a fragile egg back there 

Keep in mind that Chad went mid 1 and Zach went 2

Chad and Zach neither guy can take an NFL hit 

The hit that injured him in the preseason was crazy. A hard, jarring hit from an NFL player. 

• Haha 1

Coaches need to scheme a way to deal with potential issues at LT against the Steelers whether its Fant or McDermott, both of whom looked awful. Ideally Fant gets the week off and they reevaluate week 5 with (hopefully) Brown slated to return, however, this offense will be significantly hamstrung if they don't figure out a better option than McDermott and fast. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You're right.

We should instead be bashing JD for signing fragile players and the medical and training staff for the constant high level of injuries on our roster.

Good point Captain! 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

This squarely falls on JD shoulders, he should be fired.

No, he's not allowed to leave until every fiber of his heart, soul, and being has been utterly broken, drained, and crushed by the eldritch entity that is the New York Jets.

No one escapes. 

His suffering must be eternal.

• Haha 1

Just now, Warfish said:

You're right.

We should instead be bashing JD for signing fragile players and the medical and training staff for the constant high level of injuries on our roster.

Good point Captain! 

I mean yes… losing 3 tackles by week 4 is a wild reality and if they rushed Fant back that’s on the coaches. 

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

.....has a tough first 7 of 8 games - shows real progress over the last quarter of the season...

This is almost as good (and factually deficient) an urban legend as the 2019 "Darnold won 6 of the last 8!  He's arrived, 2020 is gonna be great!"

Not that it matters now, we'll get to see Zachypoo in live fire Sunday vs. a very weak Pittsburgh team (31st in offense, 24th in Defense so far in 2022).

If he has made real progress, we should see it Sunday.  Right?  Or do we have to now give him several weeks of mulligans before we can start evaluating him?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

This is almost as good (and factually deficient) an urban legend as the 2019 "Darnold won 6 of the last 8!  He's arrived, 2020 is gonna be great!"

Not that it matters now, we'll get to see Zachypoo in live fire Sunday vs. a very weak Pittsburgh team (31st in offense, 24th in Defense so far in 2022).

If he has made real progress, we should see it Sunday.  Right?  Or do we have to now give him several weeks of mulligans before we can start evaluating him?

Pittsburgh finishes top 10 in defense and offense Sunday.  Book it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yes, we should. 

I'm not sure why this is so hard for y'all to just accept.  Find me a fan of Zach on this board that hasn't said he was mostly bad last year.  

Find me one that has said they don't expect/require him to show real progress this year?

It's just the incessant, repetitive - Zach sucks in literally every thread.  I honestly can't think of a thread I've been in that didn't skew into Zach Sucks.  

If that's what you guys want this board to be - then I'll stop fighting it.  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We aren't attacking Zach so much as the Zach fanboys here.  We can predict the future.

f15da6a9-ab8b-4b49-b7b9-29f8e03a4641_tex

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's just the incessant, repetitive - Zach sucks in literally every thread.  I honestly can't think of a thread I've been in that didn't skew into Zach Sucks.

The only person who can change that is Zach Wilson.  Starting on Sunday.

OIP.x1NF9mOnU3a6VWR-BnMwBAHaEK?pid=ImgDe

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If that's what you guys want this board to be - then I'll stop fighting it.  

I want you to be you Captain, I respect you for that.  Even if it's the entire forum against you, f' them, you say it how you think it is.  That's my rule here, I could care less who disagrees with me.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

who are all these zach fanboys you are attacking? I must be missing it, or is anyone who hasnt written him off completely as complete sh*t now considered a fanboy?

Yes. 98% of QBs drafted are straight trash so being an edge lord of negativity is the only way to be right. And if they’re wrong then they get to celebrate with everyone else. 

• Upvote 2