Your Expectation from Zach Wilson on Sunday*

Warfish

*presuming he is named the starter as is expected, and that he doesn't have a "setback" that costs even more time away.

We'll be playing a Steelers team that is a shadow of it's former glory.  Currently ranked 31st on Offense, 24th on Defense.  A 1-2 record, same as us, with losses to New England and the Browns (who we beat), but a win vs. Cincy (who just beat us).

In 2022 so far, Flacco has produced a 58.7% comp rate, 918 passing yards, and 5:2 TD to INT ratio, playing the 16th ranked Defense (Cincy), 15th ranked Defense (Browns) and 32nd ranked Defense (Ravens, wow).

So with the facts at hand, what is your expectations for production from Zach Wilson on Sunday vs. the Steelers, what do you expect, and what would you be ok with, and what wouldn't you be ok with.

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

*presuming he is named the starter as is expected, and that he doesn't have a "setback" that costs even more time away.

We'll be playing a Steelers team that is a shadow of it's former glory.  Currently ranked 31st on Offense, 24th on Defense.  A 1-2 record, same as us, with losses to New England and the Browns (who we beat), but a win vs. Cincy (who just beat us).

In 2022 so far, Flacco has produced a 58.7% comp rate, 918 passing yards, and 5:2 TD to INT ratio, playing the 16th ranked Defense (Cincy), 15th ranked Defense (Browns) and 32nd ranked Defense (Ravens, wow).

So with the facts at hand, what is your expectations for production from Zach Wilson on Sunday vs. the Steelers, what do you expect, and what would you be ok with, and what wouldn't you be ok with.

He likely will be rusty, but lets say 13 of 20 for 200 yards 1TD and 1INT. Maybe too much to ask but what the heck. This would also imply 100+ yards on the ground between our running backs.   

I think you see a conservative play call early on. Some short dump offs to try to get him rolling and heavy on the run/screen calls. 
if we fall behind he will be forced to throw. At this point, if he can be protected, let it rip. It’s a pass heavy league for the most part. Go through your 10 scripted plays, get him loose, then open it up. He’s the guy they want running the system, so let’s see the system.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I’m a Zach fan… I want him to be great. But I’ve been burned so much.

I can’t help but shake the feeling this has a darnold first career Nfl pass goes for a pick 6 type start. Hope I’m wrong. I always say to myself, “why not? Why can’t he light it up?” Maybe he goes out there and he looks the part. I just think lafleur will dumb it down to the basics.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Less garbage time stats more stats when they actually matter.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1