Your Expectation from Zach Wilson on Sunday*

Warfish

Just now, Greg555 said:

Have no idea, but do not want to see an ultra conservative game plan. 

Problem is that an ultra conservative game play only works if our defense can keep us in the game early.  All too often we fall behind by 10 or 14 points by halftime.  Then we need to throw to get back in it.  Which is a recipe for disaster with a banged up OL.

If Fant is playing hurt, or McDermott has to start, then we need to be able to keep it close and commit to the run.  Its just easier said than done.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

If he's healthy enough to start, he can't be much worse than Joe F. was in terms of missing open receivers - not just an accurate throw, but the right guy to throw to in the first place. Some revealing clips here ...

Moore is open, open, open ....

Thansk for sharing.  I ahd seen a couple of these clips, but this is the kind of stuff you expect from a young rookie or 2nd year QB still learning how to be a pro.  Not from a 15-year vet.

I don't care who starts this week -- as long as it is not Flacco.  Wilson, White, Streveler.  I tihnk I would rather see Jeff Smith, who was a QB as a freshman at BC before converting to WR, take some snaps at QB ahead of Flacco.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

Problem is that an ultra conservative game play only works if our defense can keep us in the game early.  All too often we fall behind by 10 or 14 points by halftime.  Then we need to throw to get back in it.  Which is a recipe for disaster with a banged up OL.

If Fant is playing hurt, or McDermott has to start, then we need to be able to keep it close and commit to the run.  Its just easier said than done.

Steelers O hasn't been good.  The D should get healthy on them.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yeah, but Cincy OL had been horrific, and got healthy against our D.  I will believe the defense will play well when I see the defense play well.

I thought the Jets did get pressure on him early in the game.  We just weren't able to finish.  Burrow moved out of a lot of trouble and made some great throws under pressure.   Tribisky can move but he doesn't have the feel that Burrow has.  We need to finish better but even if we don't I don't see Trubisky getting the same results as Burrow.  

17 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I thought the Jets did get pressure on him early in the game.  We just weren't able to finish.  Burrow moved out of a lot of trouble and made some great throws under pressure.   Tribisky can move but he doesn't have the feel that Burrow has.  We need to finish better but even if we don't I don't see Trubisky getting the same results as Burrow.  

We will see.  There were a few plays where the pocket collapsed around Burrow and he escaped and made plays, but what good is a near miss turn into 10+ yard gains..  You want to stop a QB, you need to get him down.  Something the Cowboys and Steelers did much better than we did. 

I hope you are right about Trubisky, I am just not feeling very optimistic.  

21 hours ago, Lith said:

We will see.  There were a few plays where the pocket collapsed around Burrow and he escaped and made plays, but what good is a near miss turn into 10+ yard gains..  You want to stop a QB, you need to get him down.  Something the Cowboys and Steelers did much better than we did. 

I hope you are right about Trubisky, I am just not feeling very optimistic.  

Lith bad news…

Mitch Trubisky enjoys a 115 rating, 84% completion percentage and 2:0 TD:INT ratio in two career games against a Bob Saleh defense (with vastly superior personnel in SF).