2022/23 NY Rangers thread (Rebuild's Over)

TBJ

You guys see that play by Hagel on Tampa? Literally reaches into Igor's lap and takes the puck and tosses it into the net. Goal called off but not only should it be 2 minutes it should be a game misconduct. Absolute bush league, never seen anything like that. Will also speak volumes if the Rangers don't break his balls the rest of the game. And by break balls I mean finishing every check when he's in the area and also using his legs to make sure their sticks aren't cracked. 

19 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

The winter classic has been old for a few years now and the NHL putting Seattle and Vegas in it next year is the worst possible matchup I could think of. I didn’t watch a second of it this year and I definitely won’t next year. Hope that game gets terrible ratings. 

I watched the 1st period because I had the Under 1.5 1P.  Then I switched to Mount St. Mary's/Canisius.

I love hockey, by far my favorite sport, but I don't care for either franchise, hate Boston sports as a whole and find the outdoor games to be played out. Knew this was going to happen when the Former NBA VP, Gary Bettman, wanted to expand it. The idea of it is very cool, but these games are marketed to the non-fan. The dipsh*ts who think there's still fights all the time and everyone is Canadian. These perceptions also are the fault of the former NBA VP. Many of these types fail upwards buts he's a special case. Rob Manfred's existence saves Bettman in many ways. I also can't help but think that there's no such thing as a good seat at these things. The action is so far away from everyone and everything. 

Anyway, didn't know about Seattle hosting a game till now. Another city whose fan base I'm not a huge fan of. These games should be special but they're only around to sell expensive tickets and alternate jerseys to people. As I was saying about the former NBA VP... pretty much the NBA business model because it's sure as sh*t not good basketball. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

I watched the 1st period because I had the Under 1.5 1P.  Then I switched to Mount St. Mary's/Canisius.

I love hockey, by far my favorite sport, but I don't care for either franchise, hate Boston sports as a whole and find the outdoor games to be played out. Knew this was going to happen when the Former NBA VP, Gary Bettman, wanted to expand it. The idea of it is very cool, but these games are marketed to the non-fan. The dipsh*ts who think there's still fights all the time and everyone is Canadian. These perceptions also are the fault of the former NBA VP. Many of these types fail upwards buts he's a special case. Rob Manfred's existence saves Bettman in many ways. I also can't help but think that there's no such thing as a good seat at these things. The action is so far away from everyone and everything. 

Anyway, didn't know about Seattle hosting a game till now. Another city whose fan base I'm not a huge fan of. These games should be special but they're only around to sell expensive tickets and alternate jerseys to people. As I was saying about the former NBA VP... pretty much the NBA business model because it's sure as sh*t not good basketball. 

The winter classic would be special if they didn’t do it every year and only featured teams that are actually rivals. I get the Bruins and Pens are good teams that will get ratings but I would never consider them heated rivals. Seattle and Vegas? Gimme a ******* break, I couldn’t care less about them. 

To your point on the NBA the league is impossible to watch now. I haven’t watched one Knicks game this year, I’ll probably turn the games on if they make the playoffs only because I used to care about them. I love college basketball though and I watch it all year not just when March rolls around. 

Kinda relieved after that 2nd period last night,.  That game had the stench of one where we might sleepwalk into a loss to a bad team instead of taking care of business.

Devils matinee game on Saturday (1pm yuck).  2nd place in the Metro on the line

• Upvote 1

Astonishing win and we certainly need the two points to keep up with the rest of the Metropolitan leaders but boy oh boy, if ever a game had a recipe to put even die hard hockey fans to sleep it was this one.

Great win.  That is a championship caliber defense over there.

• Upvote 2

K’Andre Miller is becoming a Star! Has always done everything asked of him and now taking it to another level in our offensive zone.

Adam Fox is on pace to be the 2nd coming of Brian Leetch. Should be a Norris Trophy Finalist.

Hope they carry the urgency of the final minutes and OT into Saturday 

• Upvote 1

Kind of hard to believe that game last night. After getting shut out entire game scoring in last second of regulation tying it at 1-1 and winning the game in OT. And against Dallas the top team in their division. The best player on the Rangers is a guy from Long Island. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

That was a disgusting effort by all three on the ice for the OT goal last night. Panarin and Zibanejad with their usual flailing the stick and standing still and then Miller had a chance to clobber Marner. Instead he chose the Zib Panarin route and got burned. Soft team that shouldn’t have let Reaves go. 

On 1/26/2023 at 2:41 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

That was a disgusting effort by all three on the ice for the OT goal last night. Panarin and Zibanejad with their usual flailing the stick and standing still and then Miller had a chance to clobber Marner. Instead he chose the Zib Panarin route and got burned. Soft team that shouldn’t have let Reaves go. 

Bruins and Leafs games tell you that Drury has to make a move.

At a loss why they have 10 days off. Nobody gives a f__ about the ASG any more. Should instead play in the Olympics every 4 years and have a World Cup every few years. Bettman is a turd. 

• Upvote 1