2022/23 NY Rangers thread (Rebuild's Over)

TBJ

41 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Tarasenko to the Rangers. Let’s see who goes their way. 

The New York Rangers acquired forward Vladimir Tarasenko from the St. Louis Blues on Thursday, Sportsnet can confirm.

In return, the Blues are reportedly receiving winger Sammy Blais and at least one draft pick. Defenceman Niko Mikkola is going with Tarasenko to the Rangers.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/rangers-acquire-winger-vladimir-tarasenko-from-blues/

BOOM!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Was this a better add then Kane?

What is the asking price for Cain?

Rangers gave up Blais, Skinner (a fourth round pick with 0 NHL experience) a conditional 1st and a conditional 4th for Tarasenko and Defenseman Niko Mikkola.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Drury is an F’n genius. 

Getting the Blues to cover half his salary 

A good defenseman 

and without giving up a guy like Lafreniere, Kakko or Kratsov.

LGR

Yup and the 1st round pick will be the lower of the 2 we have. We got Dallas' pick for Nils Lundqvist.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, section314 said:

These two are pretty close to being in the bust category, no? 

Not living up to the hype but I would not call them busts.

Bringing in the Finnish defensemen is going to be big for Kappo. He has career highs in goals and points and is playing well.

Laffy is still very young, I expect him to be much better next year.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, section314 said:

These two are pretty close to being in the bust category, no? 

I don’t think so. 

I think about guys like Zibanejad and Chytil and it took them a number of years and in Zib’s case a trade from Ottawa before he fully bloomed. Now you are seeing with Chytil really since last year’s playoff really start to bloom. 

I would be very hesitant to move either guy

• Upvote 3

Seattle needs to snap out their slump.  The playoffs are not a lock for them.

Was at the game last night.  Pretty much worry-free right from the get go and 91 pops his Rangers cherry in the first three minutes.  All good stuff.

One minor thing is worrying me.  In the various cap management scenarios (including how to retain Chytil) some of the options include moving Ryan Lindgren.  More than almost any other player  he is the heart and soul of this team.  I would say this.  No, no, no and thrice again no!  I hated it but understood when we let Jesper Fast go but this one would be a bridge too far for me.

Huge test tonight against the mighty Hurricanes.  Huge test if we are serious about making some noise in the division race.  New Jersey and Carolina ain't losing very often and tonight we have a chance to inflict some damage directly

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

Huge test tonight against the mighty Hurricanes.  Huge test if we are serious about making some noise in the division race.  New Jersey and Carolina ain't losing very often and tonight we have a chance to inflict some damage directly

Agreed. They need to take advantage of all remaining head-to-head games while taking care of out of conference games. The push starts now with 30 games remaining! 
Carolina 8 points ahead. I’d love to have home ice for the 1st 2 rounds of playoffs 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

Was at the game last night.  Pretty much worry-free right from the get go and 91 pops his Rangers cherry in the first three minutes.  All good stuff.

One minor thing is worrying me.  In the various cap management scenarios (including how to retain Chytil) some of the options include moving Ryan Lindgren.  More than almost any other player  he is the heart and soul of this team.  I would say this.  No, no, no and thrice again no!  I hated it but understood when we let Jesper Fast go but this one would be a bridge too far for me.

Absolutely can’t afford to let Lindgren go. He’s the type of guy we would severely miss come playoff season. He’s a warrior through and through. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, EM31 said:

2 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Absolutely can’t afford to let Lindgren go. He’s the type of guy we would severely miss come playoff season. He’s a warrior through and through. 

Agreed and agreed. Lindgren is tough as nails, no way should they let him go.

The fact that we fleeced Boston for him for Nash, makes him even sweeter!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Huge West Coast swing starting tomorrow. Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Winnipeg I forget what order the games are in. Coming home with six out of the eight points is how championship teams perform. Very excited for the last few months of hockey season.

All of the playoff races coming down to crunch time including the Metropolitan where our recent run of results gives us a real chance to improve our playoff seeding and potentially home ice.

If anything they re even more desperate out in the west with so many teams packed in so tightly.

Time for this team to develop some swagger and handle the teams we think we are supposed to be able to handle.

Prediction: Gallant earns his paycheck on this west coast swing

NHL Power Rankings: Rangers rounding into form as Stanley Cup contender

The New York Rangers are a problem. They have been rolling for a while, and are now making a charge towards the top of the NHL Power Rankings.

Since Jan. 1, the Rangers are 12-2-2, good for the best record in the NHL. During this run, the Rangers have averaged 3.75 goals per game and own a goal differential of plus-21. Both of those numbers rank in the top 10.

On top of that success, the Rangers have loaded up for a deep postseason run. General manager Chris Drury struck a deal with the St. Louis Blue to acquire Vladimir Tarasenko, who has fit right in with his new team. With Tarasenko in the top six, the Rangers look like a bona fide contender.

As the Rangers heat up down the stretch, here are the updated NHL Power Rankings.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/nhl-power-rankings-rangers-rounding-into-form-as-stanley-cup-contender/