2022/23 NY Rangers thread (Rebuild's Over)

TBJ

3 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

The Blackhawks might be the worst hockey team I’ve ever seen. Beating up on the wasn’t even fun. Maybe it’s just  because I’m depressed about the Jets. 

Nah, that was important that they won (should have) but in the way they did it showed something. They needed to beat them like that. Trouba's comment to Anathasiou after his goal was funny as hell. Lafferty should have gotten his ass beat though for that clear hit to the head on Chytl. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Nah, that was important that they won (should have) but in the way they did it showed something. They needed to beat them like that. Trouba's comment to Anathasiou after his goal was funny as hell. Lafferty should have gotten his ass beat though for that clear hit to the head on Chytl. 

What’d he say?

How did we lose to this team 2 weeks ago?

Literally said to the gf that the Rangers were outplaying Pittsburgh but 1-0 is no Bueno. Now we're looking at a new game. Ugh.

Also, chanting the opposing goalie's name while you're being shut out? Lol, ok.  What a sh*t bag fan base that city is. Rapey, Whiney, and Welfare describes all 3 franchises. **** that dumb town. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Crosby and Malkin are going to retire within the next 10 years…. Right? ?

They aren’t going anywhere for the foreseeable future and let’s face it last years run was great but we probably don’t even get past the penguins if Crosby doesn’t get hurt in the middle of the series. 

1 minute ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

They aren’t going anywhere for the foreseeable future and let’s face it last years run was great but we probably don’t even get past the penguins if Crosby doesn’t get hurt in the middle of the series. 

Yep. We also played against not Tristan Jarry. 

• Upvote 2

Was thinking about that no call again today and gotta be honest, Zabanejad didn't seem all too upset either. We used to get tossed in HS hockey for barking at refs for this kinda crap and we were playing for free. My point is, does anyone else get the Country Club feel from this team? It's a recurring theme if you're a Ranger fan. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Micheletti acting like Gallant's lawyer. How the hell are you not red faced and raising hell at the ref for that non-call? I really cannot stand this coach. 

17 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I said the same exact thing watching with my Dad that Gallant should’ve been screaming. 

The only thing is that it never gets you anywhere anyway.

36 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The only thing is that it never gets you anywhere anyway.

I just wish some people be it media, coaches, players would grow some balls and speak some truth to this. There was a Cleveland catcher I believe last year who didn't pull any punches but that was one guy. Officials are either on the take or incompetent. That goes across all sports sans golf, maybe. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

Also, how would you guys feel about an NHL thread for the board? NHL hockey is some good hockey these days. I can't be the only one who watches nothing but sports and Seinfeld reruns. 

To be honest I don’t really watch the NHL other than the Rangers until the playoffs when I watch as much as possible so I probably wouldn’t post in it much. I’m not against it and would probably be good to read. 

• Upvote 1

Glad Ove got into 2nd place already and the media circus should be abated a little at tonight's game

The game against the Caps is a good opportunity to start un-jamming the logjam in the Metropolitan by beating the team immediately behind us.

• More Ugh 1