Saleh ~ “DRs have not cleared Zach yet”

LockeJET

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Saleh going to hold making the decision public for as long as he can so tomlin has to game plan for both.

of course tomlin could not give a  Rats behind who it is because he will simply outcoach these guys.

Tomlin gathered the defense around a statue of the late Art Rooney to simulate Joe Flacco running the Jets O.   Later they practiced against the Pittsburgh O run by Mitch Trubisky and asked Mitch to play with a limp.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

GFY.  We all could have become Giants or Steelers fans years ago but didn't, because we're stuck with this team. I have no desire to give up being a fan, as that goes back to when I was 10 years old.   Jets fandom runs deeper than how well the team performs.  This isn't like switching phones because you're unsatisfied with the product.  

I want a competent team.  Not to stop watching/caring.  No longer caring at all about this team is not an option.

He gets defensive over ppl criticizing Woody of all ppl so take it with a grain of salt

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

why the potshots on zach - give him the season, there is no alternative.   if he sucks bring a vet in next year (and not a washed up vet).

I'd love for Zach to come in and rock the NFL, I'm rooting for him to come back ASAP, and I'm willing to give him the season. 

But. 

He HAS to get on the field. Until THAT point, all pot shots are fair game for a 2nd overall pick. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I'd love for Zach to come in and rock the NFL, I'm rooting for him to come back ASAP, and I'm willing to give him the season. 

But. 

He HAS to get on the field. Until THAT point, all pot shots are fair game for a 2nd overall pick. 

Particularly since is the 2nd season where he suffered a 3-game injury.  

Can anyone blame Jets fans coming off the Darnold era where nearly the SAME EXACT THING (3+ game ailments/injuries) happened every season of his tenure?

I've asked the Wilson stans to name me a franchise QB in history who missed 3+ games a year.  So far, crickets on that front. 

I believe Matthew Stafford was a QB who at one time was considered "injury prone", but even he had a stretch of 8 straight seasons (2011-2018) where he didn't miss a game.  Maybe a case could be made for Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb or Ben Roethlisberger?

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Particularly since is the 2nd season where he suffered a 3-game injury.  

Can anyone blame Jets fans coming off the Darnold era where nearly the SAME EXACT THING (3+ game ailments/injuries) happened every season of his tenure?

I've asked the Wilson stans to name me a franchise QB in history who missed 3+ games a year.  So far, crickets on that front. 

I believe Matthew Stafford was a QB who at one time was considered "injury prone", but even he had a stretch of 8 straight seasons (2011-2018) where he didn't miss a game.  Maybe a case could be made for Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb or Ben Roethlisberger?

That's fair. 

But I would say that some people do take it to another level on here with Zach. We cant possibly know if he winds up like Stafford until at minimum the end of this season. 

It's not unreasonable to want to give the dude the other 75% of the season to see if he is it or not, especially considering that no other QB on the team is taking this team anywhere anyways. There are definitely many many posters here who have written him off all together already, oddly enough, a lot of those same posters are... still... holding hope for Bacon and Mims, which is odd to say the least. 

Personally I think we need to move on from Saleh and Zach after this season, cause it stands today, it ain't working. I'm open to change my mind by seasons end for sure on Zach, but IMO the book is already written on Saleh. 

• Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

That's fair. 

But I would say that some people do take it to another level on here with Zach. We cant possibly know if he winds up like Stafford until at minimum the end of this season. 

It's not unreasonable to want to give the dude the other 75% of the season to see if he is it or not, especially considering that no other QB on the team is taking this team anywhere anyways. There are definitely many many posters here who have written him off all together already, oddly enough, a lot of those same posters are... still... holding hope for Bacon and Mims, which is odd to say the least. 

Personally I think we need to move on from Saleh and Zach after this season, cause it stands today, it ain't working. I'm open to change my mind by seasons end for sure on Zach, but IMO the book is already written on Saleh. 

I've mostly written off Becton at this point, but yeah, I still hold out hope Mims is just getting misused and ends up a useful piece.

"Useful piece" being the key part of the above statement.  I'm not advocating Mims be a starting WR for this team.  You can be a useful WR without being a starter.  The same isn't true for the QB position.  You can't draft a QB at # 2 then be OK with him ending up being a backup and hold out hope for him being "useful" in that role.  QB's are treated differently, and rightfully so:  They get paid the big bucks (roughly 1/6 of a team's cap once extended) for a reason.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Mike White is 27 years old and has three career starts and threw for 400 yards in one of them. 

Bringing in Flacco to play over him was cowardly, IMO. But I blame JD for bringing him in just as much as Saleh. 

He also threw 8 INTs in 3 starts. I agree that Saleh's wimping out playing Flacco but he probably also wanted to make sure the Jets defense wasn't out on the field for longer

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I get that point and don't disagree with it.  Sure waiting on the doctors to clear him 100%...

At the team's request.

I guess that's probably where we differ...

• I believe it's JD and the team putting their foot down and saying Zach isn't playing until he's 110% and telling the doctors to clear him according.  When the doctors say he's 110% he will play.
  • I believe what you're saying (and I could be wrong) is Zach's doctors are protecting him (seemingly because Zach is afraid to play) and aren't clearing him.  The team wants Zach to play but HIS doctors refuse to let him play.

My big problem with this theory is why this would be, in any way, in Zach's best interest.

If I'm wrong about the differences, would love to better understand what you think is happening.  I think my position is pretty clear. 

I dont believe for one second this is at the teams request.  I think it's quite obvious that the team wants Zach to play and have cleared him to play but his doctors refuse.  On one hand, good for Wilson not trusting the doctors.  On the other, what does it say about the Jets, not only their doctors but also, the power and control of the team.  Also, if true, what do you think his teammates think about it?  Overall, this is less about Zach and more about the Jets incompetence. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I dont believe for one second this is at the teams request.  I think it's quite obvious that the team wants Zach to play and have cleared him to play but his doctors refuse.  On one hand, good for Wilson not trusting the doctors.  On the other, what does it say about the Jets, not only their doctors but also, the power and control of the team.  Also, if true, what do you think his teammates think about it?  Overall, this is less about Zach and more about the Jets incompetence. 

I guess we're just going to have to disagree on this one.

I simply see no evidence that Zach doesn't want to play - in fact all of the evidence is to the contrary.  Players, Gm's, coaches, inside sources and Zach himself (who week one said he would play if the team allowed it)

If this was Zach simply refusing to play we would know it - people in the locker room would talk - it would leak.

The team wants him 100% (well they said 110%) and they've said over and over again.

I'm not sure why that is so hard for people to believe - why does there have to be a conspiracy? 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I simply see no evidence that Zach doesn't want to play - in fact all of the evidence is to the contrary.  Players, Gm's, coaches, inside sources and Zach himself (who week one said he would play if the team allowed it)

If this was Zach simply refusing to play we would know it - people in the locker room would talk - it would leak.

The team wants him 100% (well they said 110%) and they've said over and over again.

I'm not sure why that is so hard for people to believe - why does there have to be a conspiracy? 

I never said he doesnt want to play.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

GFY.  We all could have become Giants or Steelers fans years ago but didn't, because we're stuck with this team. I have no desire to give up being a fan, as that goes back to when I was 10 years old.   Jets fandom runs deeper than how well the team performs.  This isn't like switching phones because you're unsatisfied with the product.  

I want a competent team.  Not to stop watching/caring.  No longer caring at all about this team is not an option.

The only posters who have vanished are the ones who scold everyone who is critical of the team. Then, when the team sucks again...

SolidSnoopyCaiman-size_restricted.gif.2d4add3a69b91bdf4a81ac5bf503b05e.gif

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's a compliment to your boy that maybe he's smart enough to smell playing for the Jets is career suicide so he's staging a sick out.

• Haha 1

Very well stated.

the bonus to the above is no matter how bizarre, screwed up, clownish, futile etc., we all know it is simply a matter of time until this org outdoes the bottom they previously achieved.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

And here you are …

2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

why do you need to know if Zach is the starter prior to Wednesday?  Or heck Sunday morning?

are you playing in the game? are you considering going to the game and want to know our starting QB?

your potshots at the organization are a clown show.

Dead Serious here

^^^ the way ?’s like this defend this terrible org and attack the people critical of it, you’d think WE were the ones getting paid millions to make these decisions.

Lmao 

Somebody down in floram park have they’re ?  out peeing on you guys unfortunately and telling you guys it’s raining ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Trotter said:

Very well stated.

the bonus to the above is no matter how bizarre, screwed up, clownish, futile etc., we all know it is simply a matter of time until this org outdoes the bottom they previously achieved.

It's very telling when you look at the winning % of each coach in the Woody Johnson era.  It's only been a downward spiral. 

I do think things will get a little better eventually because there are some fun pieces on the roster for the first time in a decade.  But whether that "getting better" actually means competent play is another story.  It might merely be slightly better than, say, the Todd Bowles era.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

And I've been consistent to the ****ing dream, and I've paid my dues just to get them all back. A simple man with a simple desire.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, batman10023 said:

why do you need to know if Zach is the starter prior to Wednesday?  Or heck Sunday morning?

are you playing in the game? are you considering going to the game and want to know our starting QB?

your potshots at the organization are a clown show.

Teams are required to give injury updates to the media.

For sunday games the latest they can hold off is Wednesday or they risk losing draft picks

38 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's very telling when you look at the winning % of each coach in the Woody Johnson era.  It's only been a downward spiral. 

I do think things will get a little better eventually because there are some fun pieces on the roster for the first time in a decade.  But whether that "getting better" actually means competent play is another story.  It might merely be slightly better than, say, the Todd Bowles era.

Adam Gase right now

money-paid.gif.87e2a3ec70f1a83405bac136ed28ecad.gif

• Haha 2