Saleh ~ “DRs have not cleared Zach yet”

LockeJET

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How "smart" is Justin Herbert?  He just put his body on the line and threw for 297 yards in a blowout loss to the Jaguars.  

I suspect it wasn't really *his* decision.

The PR fallout is much better if the story goes:

The team was trying to hold him back to protect him, but dude is so tough and such a competitor, he forced the issue and insisted on playing

Makes both the Chargers and Herbert look good

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If Zach can play, he should play.  I want to see him play.

If he can't, then I do not want to see any more Flacco, I want to see Mike White.

You don't really think that White would be better than Flacco, do you? Do you honestly think we win if White was playing against Cincy with that pass rush?

Just now, bostonmajet said:

You don't really think that White would be better than Flacco, do you? Do you honestly think we win if White was playing against Cincy with that pass rush?

Mike White played amazingly against Cincinnati last season. It’s not a stretch to think he’d have performed better than Flacco yesterday. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

You don't really think that White would be better than Flacco, do you?

I do.  I also think he'd be more entertaining.

12 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Do you honestly think we win if White was playing against Cincy with that pass rush?

I think he'd have been better. And more entertaining.

My view on the Flacco v. White issue has not really changed.

• Upvote 1

I know how Saleh can save his job and all of his staffs job too.

cut Flacco, cut White, promote the Stev and let him do his magic to win some games with depleted OL...  Its lightning in a bottle type of shot, not a lot of chance of success but probably his only last shot but if it worked man he would be a star in this town.

ps. fix ur ******* defense idiot.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, oatmeal said:

This is very telling…

I wonder what the team doctors think ? 

hmmmmmmmmmm 

Zachary something don’t smell right here.

Hopefully you play this week 

This type of stuff breaks a locker room. If Wilson's dictating when he wants to play based on a doctor in California then this regime is done. Woody's fault at the end of the day allowing this crap to happen. Communication from Zach's camp to the Jets I'm sure has been poor, which is why Saleh looked like lost when he initially announced him out for a month.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, oatmeal said:

This is very telling…

hmmmmmmmmmm 

It all comes down to one simple thing:  Jets picked the wrong kid.    Zach Wilson in Green Bay or KC would have been eviscerated for his "performance" so far.   Personally, from day one, I never understood the pick.   This one will go into the record books.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This is very telling…

hmmmmmmmmmm 

It should be as simple as coming back(likely scenario). However, I just have this strange Jetsy feeling that he won’t be cleared and the media/fans/everything will spiral out of control because this is the Jets. It just seems like the atmosphere for a total implosion. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

This type of stuff breaks a locker room. If Wilson's dictating when he wants to play based on a doctor in California then this regime is done. Woody's fault at the end of the day allowing this crap to happen. Communication from Zach's camp to the Jets I'm sure has been poor, which is why Saleh looked like lost when he initially announced him out for a month.

This^^^^^^^

Bro I feel for Saleh on this one and I have been ripping him for weeks now, what a bunch of pussy cat bullsh*t, this sh*t is infuriating tbh and I’m only a dusty fan…

imagine what he teammates are thinking!!!!!!!!! (to your point)

Smfh what a complete clown show JD should never have been the general manager for any team in this league 

Smfh this one is CRAZY bro damn i legit didn’t know things was this bad..

DAMN

• Upvote 1

Just now, oatmeal said:

This^^^^^^^

Bro I feel for Saleh on this one and I have been ripping him for weeks now, what a bunch of pussy cat bullsh*t, this sh*t is infuriating tbh and I’m only a dusty fan…

imagine what he teammates are thinking!!!!!!!!! (to your point)

Smfh what a complete clown show JD should never have been the general manager for any team in this league 

Smfh this one is CRAZY bro damn i legit didn’t know things was this bad..

DAMN

Yeah it's hard to come down on Saleh for discipline when the QB who has done zippo has his own rules and guidelines. It's still on the coach to get the defense in order, but the overarching problem is directly on the owner here. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah it's hard to come down on Saleh for discipline when the QB who has done zippo has his own rules and guidelines. It's still on the coach to get the defense in order, but the overarching problem is directly on the owner here. 

This is actually part of the CBA by laws.The Jets can actually get in trouble by playing someone without clearance by all doctors involved.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Not into conspiracy theories at all but I am not sure I remember a player injury where his doctors had to clear him - not necessarily the team doc although that is not clear from the report.

something just seems off

Last year with Becton, no?

Jets said he didn’t initially need surgery and Bectons doctors contradicted that and he had the surgery. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Team Drs. or Zach's?

Was waiting to see if anybody asked this.  On the JN pod the other day I asked if it was possible that the Zach timeline changed because of the team or because of Zach's camp.  Saleh sounded as if Zach might be ready for week 1 and then a day later he says it's week 4.  Made me wonder if the Jets felt he'd be ready but then Zach said he wouldn't go until he gets the nod from his people.

Now Saleh says today that Zach has not yet been cleared by "his doctors".

Would love to know when the Jets docs said he could be back vs when Zach's docs said he could be back.

Also, can we blame Zach for this after the disastrous results the Jets medical team has had in recent years?

• WTF? 1