Saleh ~ “DRs have not cleared Zach yet”

LockeJET

42 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Herbert playing with broken ribs.

Winston playing with cracked vertabrae.

Wilson isn't yet good as per one of his 2 sets of doctors with a bone bruise. right. Because the meniscus thing is a ground ball; Rothlsiberger played without surgery with it torn for a full season. 

The Califronai doctors thing is in fact a total debacle. 

Wilson until proven otherwise is a pussy.

This kid is either a total fraud, or a coward. 

Omg this needs to be a sticky note on the top of this thread

Happy Love It GIF by Amanda Cee Media

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Herbert playing with broken ribs.

Winston playing with cracked vertabrae.

Wilson isn't yet good as per one of his 2 sets of doctors with a bone bruise. right. Because the meniscus thing is a ground ball; Rothlsiberger played without surgery with it torn for a full season. 

The Califronai doctors thing is in fact a total debacle. 

Wilson until proven otherwise is a pussy.

This kid is either a total fraud, or a coward. 

Unfortunately true. The previous comment someone made about the doctors needing to “clear him per the CBA” is ridiculous. Any player can play on Sunday with any virtually any injury if they’re willing to play with some pain and discomfort. We’ve seen players limping out there many, many times. If Zach wants to play, it’s a simple one line statement “I’m fine, leg/knee feels good, I’m ready to play”.

The season is teetering, the franchise QB should be eager to play. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

This type of stuff breaks a locker room. If Wilson's dictating when he wants to play based on a doctor in California then this regime is done. Woody's fault at the end of the day allowing this crap to happen. Communication from Zach's camp to the Jets I'm sure has been poor, which is why Saleh looked like lost when he initially announced him out for a month.

I think it’s doomed anyway. The players see him in practice and walking around with no limp, while they’re out they’re getting punched in the face by three physical teams. They see Flacco getting his ass kicked down after down without complaining. Unless Wilson is absolutely lights out from the jump, the room is going to eat him alive. 

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Larz said:

Where did the “Zach’s doctors “ thing come from ? Is there any reliable source that confirmed this or is it just internet message board stuff ?

He elected to have the surgery with his own doctor,Neal ElAttrache, in Los Angeles. It was not performed by Jets team doctors 

https://www.beckersspine.com/sports-medicine/item/55001-dr-neal-elattrache-performs-successful-knee-surgery-on-new-york-jets-qb.html

EDIT oh just saw Matt39's post

32 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Understood 

But

Wilson had minor knee surgery 

Winston- broken back 

Herbert- damaged ribs 

what am I missing here?

Two are non-surgical injuries for which extra padding was the total extent of curative measures. One was a surgical repair of an injury to one of the easiest joints to injure playing a contact sport. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Larz said:

Where did the “Zach’s doctors “ thing come from ? Is there any reliable source that confirmed this or is it just internet message board stuff ?

Like almost of all of what’s been posted here, internet message board stuff.  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Like almost of all of what’s been posted here, internet message board stuff.  

Saleh mentioned Zach's doctors yesterday and has in the past. 

But it's really not a big deal. A lot of athletes have their own doctors when they get hurt. The doctor that performed the surgery is in LA. 

Of course, for the experts on JN. it's evidence of some far-ranging conspiracy involving Jet Blue and anonymous MILFS. 

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Saleh mentioned Zach's doctors yesterday and has in the past. 

But it's really not a big deal. A lot of athletes have their own doctors when they get hurt. The doctor that performed the surgery is in LA. 

His doctors.  I’ve heard players and their Drs talked about this way since Namath’s time.  I don’t know if it’s his Drs within the Jets staff or a Dr he’s using outside of the team.  Happens in every sport everyday.  This is nothing new and doesn’t need to be scrutinized 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

His doctors.  I’ve heard players and their Drs talked about this way since Namath’s time.  This is nothing new

Right. In this case he really does have his own doctors (i.e. the guy who did the surgery), but NFL players do this all the time. 

Only on JN would this be a controversy. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It came from Saleh verbatim.

I said like most things here.  The whole his doctorsgate is nonsense.  No one cares.  It’s how sports work.  Players can go to their doctors.  Somehow the haters think it’s relevant.  
There are enough actual problems with the team, a player possibly using his own doctor isn’t one of them