Saleh sounds really dumb in these press conferences

Quotes today I sh*t you not 

“Our first and second down defense has been pretty good, we just need to fix third down”. He then goes into the 3 TDs they gave up on third down 

on DJ reed saying team needs to fix miscommunications 

“Every team in the league has six or seven miscommunications per game, ours just have been in key spots”. 

Do you think he really believes this stuff? 

Yes 100% agreed, BFL

Posted about this in another thread

BTW, something occurred to me that's unprovable and I'll probably get killed by a hail of virtual gunfire for suggesting it.  But nevertheless, I think there's merit to the possibility.

It's reasonable that Kyle Shanahan secretly wanted Saleh to get a HC job because he wanted to move on from him but didn't want to have to deal with the awkwardness (and media Q&A) of having to tell him to get lost.

The Jets (or any team) hiring Salad was a way to essentially have 2 birds killed with 1 stone.  He could promote DeMeco Ryans from within without having to fire his good friend Bobby.

When Saleh was passed over for HC jobs 2 years ago, I always found it strange that Shanahan was publicly trying to sell him.  Like he was saying stuff on the record at the combine where he knows everybody's listening, like:

"I can't believe he's [Saleh] not a head coach yet.  There are a lot of dumb teams [front offices] out there."

It stands to reason that if Saleh were such a great coach and defensive coordinator, if he were that invaluable to Shanahan's coaching staff, he'd say nothing and just retain Saleh's services indefinitely.

Of course it's possible Shanahan was just doing his buddy Bob a solid by trying to help get him a promotion and a pay raise. 

Whatever though, I thought it was a bit odd at the time, and seeing how well the 49ers defense has played under DeMeco Ryans, it makes more sense.

The 9ers are 1-2, but it's really because their offense hasn't been able to do jack.  Lance and Jimmy G have pretty much sucked outside of week 2, where the 9er offense wasn't even needed.  The 9er defense pitched a shutout.  Seattle scored their only points of the game on a fluky blocked FG run back for a TD.

1 hour ago, BrokeFatLonely said:

Quotes today I sh*t you not 

“Our first and second down defense has been pretty good, we just need to fix third down”. He then goes into the 3 TDs they gave up on third down 

on DJ reed saying team needs to fix miscommunications 

“Every team in the league has six or seven miscommunications per game, ours just have been in key spots”. 

Do you think he really believes this stuff? 

22 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Yes 100% agreed, BFL

Posted about this in another thread

BTW, something occurred to me that's unprovable and I'll probably get killed by a hail of virtual gunfire for suggesting it.  But nevertheless, I think there's merit to the possibility.

It's reasonable that Kyle Shanahan secretly wanted Saleh to get a HC job because he wanted to move on from him but didn't want to have to deal with the awkwardness (and media Q&A) of having to tell him to get lost.

The Jets (or any team) hiring Salad was a way to essentially have 2 birds killed with 1 stone.  He could promote DeMeco Ryans from within without having to fire his good friend Bobby.

When Saleh was passed over for HC jobs 2 years ago, I always found it strange that Shanahan was publicly trying to sell him.  Like he was saying stuff on the record at the combine where he knows everybody's listening, like:

"I can't believe he's [Saleh] not a head coach yet.  There are a lot of dumb teams [front offices] out there."

It stands to reason that if Saleh were such a great coach and defensive coordinator, if he were that invaluable to Shanahan's coaching staff, he'd say nothing and just retain Saleh's services indefinitely.

Of course it's possible Shanahan was just doing his buddy Bob a solid by trying to help get him a promotion and a pay raise. 

Whatever though, I thought it was a bit odd at the time, and seeing how well the 49ers defense has played under DeMeco Ryans, it makes more sense.

The 9ers are 1-2, but it's really because their offense hasn't been able to do jack.  Lance and Jimmy G have pretty much sucked outside of week 2, where the 9er offense wasn't even needed.  The 9er defense pitched a shutout.  Seattle scored their only points of the game on a fluky blocked FG run back for a TD.

Spider-Man Reaction GIF