Jump to content

Super Bowl Half Time


JetPotato
 Share

Recommended Posts

Shocked to not find a thread on this yet, as it seems to be an annual passage to complain about.

Anyway, I have no idea how the NFL pulled it off, but I am stoked that they were about to coax Fleetwood Mac into reuniting, finally providing football/music fans something worthwhile to enjoy. Should be good.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Shocked to not find a thread on this yet, as it seems to be an annual passage to complain about.

Anyway, I have no idea how the NFL pulled it off, but I am stoked that they were about to coax Fleetwood Mac into reuniting, finally providing football/music fans something worthwhile to enjoy. Should be good.

I guess that did not happen, and we got an auto-tuned Umbrella.

The closest thing we are getting from Fleetwood Mac is the person who is doing the show has one of their great tunes as part of her name.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/25/entertainment/rihanna-nfl-superbowl-halftime-show-spt/index.html

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

Shocked to not find a thread on this yet, as it seems to be an annual passage to complain about.

Anyway, I have no idea how the NFL pulled it off, but I am stoked that they were about to coax Fleetwood Mac into reuniting, finally providing football/music fans something worthwhile to enjoy. Should be good.

Fans in the luxury boxes will get complimentary servings of cocaine during the Fleetwood Mac set. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Green Truth said:

I guess that did not happen, and we got an auto-tuned Umbrella.

The closest thing we are getting from Fleetwood Mac is the person who is doing the show has one of their great tunes as part of her name.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/25/entertainment/rihanna-nfl-superbowl-halftime-show-spt/index.html

 

Punch line ruined. Dick.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's really funny is that the artists don't get paid, and in a lot of cases pay for extra and/or vanity production costs. The argument is that they see a spike in Spotify et al streams but isn't being paid very poorly an issue with streaming services anyway? Barely anyone is still buying physical copies these days. Seems about as worth it as being inducted into the RnR HOF (speaking of vanity projects) or paying for a Hollywood Walk of Fame square.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Every NFL stadium plays Sabbath/Ozzy, AC/DC and Metallica every game. Why not have them there for the big game? 

Ozzy would need to be shot up with elephant tranquilizer and lowered onto the stage with a winch.  The budget is blown right there.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

What's really funny is that the artists don't get paid, and in a lot of cases pay for extra and/or vanity production costs. The argument is that they see a spike in Spotify et al streams but isn't being paid very poorly an issue with streaming services anyway? Barely anyone is still buying physical copies these days. Seems about as worth it as being inducted into the RnR HOF (speaking of vanity projects) or paying for a Hollywood Walk of Fame square.

A lot of them launch tours right after. Spikes ticket sales.

 

But yeah I recall reading the weeknd spent million(s) out of pocket for the show last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Ozzy would need to be shot up with elephant tranquilizer and lowered onto the stage with a winch.  The budget is blown right there.

Nah, Sauron Osbourne would just wheel him on in a chair. Not going to waste money on anything fancy when it could be going into her bank account instead.

The NFL need to get Rammstein to do it, and offer them a blank cheque for the pyrotechnics. 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

Nah, Sauron Osbourne would just wheel him on in a chair. Not going to waste money on anything fancy when it could be going into her bank account instead.

The NFL need to get Rammstein to do it, and offer them a blank cheque for the pyrotechnics. 

Wow, Rammstein would be incredible.  I would lose my mind watching them do an unexpurgated version of "Pussy".   I'm sure sponsor Pepsi would be thrilled.  lol

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

I refuse to watch the halftime show until the NFL does whatever it takes to reunite Morrissey and Johnny Marr and get The Smith's back on stage.

You're not their target audience, unfortunately.  Nor am I, nor is basically anyone who posts on this board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The halftime show should just be 15 minutes of this:

1123341725_jlo-shakiraSuperbowlSBhalftimeshow.gif.2468870ab1f1efc842f346b71c3c2db0.gif

 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

When did Shakira's a$$ get even bigger than J-Lo's?  Holy hell.

To be clear I'm not complaining, mind you.

 

 

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Rihanna-butt-Gif.gif

 

Heart Attack Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...