Super Bowl Half Time

JetPotato

Shocked to not find a thread on this yet, as it seems to be an annual passage to complain about.

Anyway, I have no idea how the NFL pulled it off, but I am stoked that they were about to coax Fleetwood Mac into reuniting, finally providing football/music fans something worthwhile to enjoy. Should be good.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Shocked to not find a thread on this yet, as it seems to be an annual passage to complain about.

Anyway, I have no idea how the NFL pulled it off, but I am stoked that they were about to coax Fleetwood Mac into reuniting, finally providing football/music fans something worthwhile to enjoy. Should be good.

I guess that did not happen, and we got an auto-tuned Umbrella.

The closest thing we are getting from Fleetwood Mac is the person who is doing the show has one of their great tunes as part of her name.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/25/entertainment/rihanna-nfl-superbowl-halftime-show-spt/index.html

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

Fans in the luxury boxes will get complimentary servings of cocaine during the Fleetwood Mac set. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Green Truth said:

I guess that did not happen, and we got an auto-tuned Umbrella.

The closest thing we are getting from Fleetwood Mac is the person who is doing the show has one of their great tunes as part of her name.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/25/entertainment/rihanna-nfl-superbowl-halftime-show-spt/index.html

Punch line ruined. Dick.

• Haha 1

What's really funny is that the artists don't get paid, and in a lot of cases pay for extra and/or vanity production costs. The argument is that they see a spike in Spotify et al streams but isn't being paid very poorly an issue with streaming services anyway? Barely anyone is still buying physical copies these days. Seems about as worth it as being inducted into the RnR HOF (speaking of vanity projects) or paying for a Hollywood Walk of Fame square.

44 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

What's really funny is that the artists don't get paid, and in a lot of cases pay for extra and/or vanity production costs. The argument is that they see a spike in Spotify et al streams but isn't being paid very poorly an issue with streaming services anyway? Barely anyone is still buying physical copies these days. Seems about as worth it as being inducted into the RnR HOF (speaking of vanity projects) or paying for a Hollywood Walk of Fame square.

A lot of them launch tours right after. Spikes ticket sales.

But yeah I recall reading the weeknd spent million(s) out of pocket for the show last year.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Ozzy would need to be shot up with elephant tranquilizer and lowered onto the stage with a winch.  The budget is blown right there.

Nah, Sauron Osbourne would just wheel him on in a chair. Not going to waste money on anything fancy when it could be going into her bank account instead.

The NFL need to get Rammstein to do it, and offer them a blank cheque for the pyrotechnics. 

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

Nah, Sauron Osbourne would just wheel him on in a chair. Not going to waste money on anything fancy when it could be going into her bank account instead.

The NFL need to get Rammstein to do it, and offer them a blank cheque for the pyrotechnics. 

Wow, Rammstein would be incredible.  I would lose my mind watching them do an unexpurgated version of "Pussy".   I'm sure sponsor Pepsi would be thrilled.  lol

• Haha 2