I was wrong about Saleh...

THE BARON

14 hours ago, Jets723 said:

According to Saleh the miscommunications that are leading to wide open TD’s are simply “bad luck”. And a normal occurrence that happens to every team 5-6 times.  I’m so sick of his BS excuses.  I would have more respect for him if he got up there and said “Look I need to do a much better job getting my team prepared and making the necessary adjustments to ensure that these dumb mistakes don’t happen again”. Instead he seems very defensive and thinks his way is the right despI’ve the evidence that shows it’s not working.  I’m also sick of his slogans.  At this point just shut up and at least try to coach.  If nothing else take over the defensive play calling because it’s obvious our DC can’t do it 

Spot on again.  Saleh has shown himself to be a liar to the press/fans.  He clouds his poor performance with absurd, annoying and ultimately meaningless slogans.  How in the world can any Jets fan pretend to be pleased with this guy at all... both on the field and off.  And it bothers me to no end that he is such a B.S. artist.  And he's obvious about it too, which is arrogant. You can't trust a thing he says.  His love for Flacco is disturbingly incompetent for the development of this team.  It's downright weird.  Does he or Mrs Saleh have a Flacco tattoo?

rex-beach.png

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

in era where offensive minded HC’s are running things. A defensive minded HC on pace for his 2nd consecutive 32nd ranked defense is crazy.

One more week of brutal miscommunication where they give up bad tds and the heat will be on saleh to get rid of ulbright.  There are always casualties and he’ll have no choice.  Even if wilson plays well, there will still be pressure to do something about the d.  Not sure if an offensive coach would be any different b/c we just got rid of gase.  I do have faith in lafleur, though he really can’t be judged with flacco.

Saleh’s answer yesterday about “all 32 teams” having “6 to 7 miscommunications per game” (so therefore it’s acceptable?) is so so bad, even if he actually believes what he’s trying to sell

it’s 1000x worse than the dumb but innocuous “taking receipts” thing 

That’s like him standing at a podium saying sure he cheated on his wife, but every spouse cheats so it’s fine…he was just “unlucky” to get caught 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, TBJ said:

The coaching staff is horrible.

No discipline, no accountability.

If they don't win a significant amount more games this year, Saleh needs to go.

Unless by some miracle Zach takes a big step forward, and loses in a bunch of shootouts.

But even then, Saleh should be faulted for the defense.

Joe Douglas looks like a fool not taking an offensive tackle with the first pick. Looks like he was trying to justify the Mekhi Becton pick, which blew up in his face. Now the offensive line is in shambles.

Woody should do anything and everything to get Sean Payton here, this team is a mess!

Taking Sauce was the right pick. Period. Becton was reinjured after the draft. They had every reason to believe he’d be able to play. Just really bad luck. Yes he had a history and propensity to injury but JD had to roll the dice there. And to top it off, his replacement gets injured. Again really bad luck. JD did get some insurance for the OL in round 4 with Mitchell who has played decently. Next off season JD will address this. RT/LT next year has lots of questions: Will Fant be resigned. He’s been pretty bad this year. Brown hopefully will play sometime. Still has another year on contract.  Becton hopefully returns healthy next year. He’s not getting cut unless he just doesn’t recuperate. Mitchell is a good back up at this point. But definitely next year a LT has to be a priority. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Saleh need to experience a revelation….. that is that his methods are not working and his job and reputation are on the line. He needs to be harder on players. He needs to understand that he can hold players accountable. Stop defending players who continue to make game altering mistakes and start punishing them for their mistakes. Heck, at least yell at someone. Great leaders are respected because they are tough but fair. Where’s the tough, Bobby?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, HessStation said:

Fwiw, 

1. I loved the Saleh hire.

2. I then loved the Lafleur hire. 
3. But now I’m siding that they both suck monkey balls

4. but I hope I’m wrong 

5. Jets have some of the best young talent in the league imo

6. Which is why I think any Douglas hate is dumb af

Samies but the JD warts are showing, not only by hiring these dweebs but especially now with the news that we're waiting on Zach DR's to clear him to play, like wtf?  And then you realize it's not hard to upgrade the worst roster in the NFL, 5-29 under JD, he's a poop head too and we more than likely need to just hit reset.

• Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Excellent stat pull.

The defense is atrocious. Not because of personal, because if philosophy and perhaps design. 

I like the executive demeanor that Saleh conducts himself with. The reality is, he’s middle management in an executive role. Nothing about what he’s installed signals competency. He surrounded himself with frat-timers in key roles. None of them are a threat. All of them are pals.

Daboll, in contrast, hired guys that could have justifiably competed with him for the HC job. The Giants have less talent at this point, but they are coached to take Ada vantage of what they have… not use what they don’t have as an excuse.

It would take major changes at this point to sell me back on Saleh. Not just wins. Philosophical and executional.

I think we have all worked with a Saleh type. He's the good looking guy who works out and brings the office some positive energy. He is slightly better then most of his peers but every now and then in a briefing or staff call, you hear him speak and know he has a ceiling. You can only get away with being the likeable guy for so long. Saleh is the guy who shouldn't be in the C suite, but will do just fine being an assistant regional manger somewhere. He needs to be liked, and cant make the hard fires/hires. Look at him with Flacco, he couldnt tell the guy who has been a the office for 25 years hes not good anymore, its goes against Salehs DNA. It's not a knock on Saleh, its who he is, and in my opinion not HC material. The Jets should realize this sooner rather then later. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The "it happens" on the Corey Davis penalty made me lose my mind...

I lose a little more faith in Saleh each week

It was a really bad penalty in every sense of it

Not only was it a drive killer at a critical time where they needed to finish a drive or lose the game, it also was a penalty that was totally unnecessary!  It was not a penalty made while trying to make a play. 

Davis should be benched for that and any decent NFL coach would never be caught dead shrugging and saying “it happens”  

• Upvote 4

I had high hopes for Salah but after almost two years there is no sign of his being a great head coach the same for La Fluer as OC and Ulbrect as a DC. My high school coach enforced this old adage in his players. "You practice like you play". Also he drove us so hard in practice that the games were easy as far as what his practices were like. He made us run and do plays over and over again in practice until we knew our assignments. He believed in conditioning that you have to have more endurance than your competition. Win or lose we never got destroyed. The Jets are playing like they practice and thats on Salah and his coaches!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

I think we have all worked with a Saleh type. He's the good looking guy who works out and brings the office some positive energy. He is slightly better then most of his peers but every now and then in a briefing or staff call, you hear him speak and know he has a ceiling. You can only get away with being the likeable guy for so long. Saleh is the guy who shouldn't be in the C suite, but will do just fine being an assistant regional manger somewhere. He needs to be liked, and cant make the hard fires/hires. Look at him with Flacco, he couldnt tell the guy who has been a the office for 25 years hes not good anymore, its goes against Salehs DNA. It's not a knock on Saleh, its who he is, and in my opinion not HC material. The Jets should realize this sooner rather then later. 

Good observations

Spot on, many of these

it’s funny and sad at the same time because we are stuck with him 

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Haha project much due your own shortcomings? Lol

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I had disagreed with several posters that were critical of Saleh.  Even though the Jets did not rack up wins last season, I saw what I thought were signs of a good HC.  Apologies to those I contradicted.  I saw a poorly coached team yesterday.  I'm leaning towards concluding that Saleh is another dead end.

The VERY good news is that JD appears to have overcome his early mistakes to hit a grand slam this off season.

Perhaps, his next pick for HC will be another home run.  

Also... LeFleur is already on the payroll.  Could he be the next Jets HC ???

Wait, you want Salah gone and want Lefleur to be the head coach? The guy who’s calling like 75% passing plays with Flaccid as our QB while we average 4.4 YPC on the ground? Even Rex knew how to try to mask our all-pro QB situation. 

6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Having someone like this is fine if you have an enforcer behind the scenes.  The problem he has is that guys like Q are already rebelling and saleh is ironically in danger of losing the support of the veterans on d if he continues this way.  I think the o realizes there are so many new pieces, Zach has been out and the LT position is in flux that they’re getting a pass of sorts.  But the d is another matter, and i think guys like q who were coached by real programs in college are seeing thru it now.

16 hours ago, PorP said:

Well... this guy sympathizes

BT is all of us. He speaks like I would speak. He feels like I feel every week when you know it's game over in the 2nd quarter and I am going through my Sunday psychosis to try and reason why I bother staying home to watch garbage and get my guts ripped tf out. Tiki Barber said the defense played well this season. Truthfully, he has no business commenting on things he knows nothing about since he obviusly did not watch any of the games. They were torched by Baltimore. They were torched by Jacoby Brissett and should have lost that game by all rights. They were torched by Burrow, the most sacked QB in the NFL. This defense is A W F U L. Period.  We watch how many 3rd and 9's get converted against them? I do not see this hapening to any other team as much as it does here. Fact of the matter is, they are the cure for every one else's ills. We will see Mitch Trubiscuit look like Big Ben Sunday when the Steelers rack up 400+ yards and 30+ points. What BT said about coach Salesman is 100% spot on, he is what I term an "internet tough guy". He will be rhetorically tough on TV or on the radio, but when it comes to getting in his lousy players faces after a stupid unnecessary penalty that changed the course of the season possibly, or to take over the awful defensive play calls, he is nowhere to be found. Arms folded standing there either afraid to get in anyones faces (Mr. Ulbrich), or thinking of excuses to give the media as to why his team is inept from top to bottom. I keep hearing in my mind what BT said Lovey Smith said, "he did not become a HC to stop coaching" which is exactly what Saleh has done here. Robert, this is not a Kingship or Emperorship, sitting on high being a HC. Get in there, get down, get dirty, and start to coach again - if you even can. Who knows at this point?

Explain to me how you win a miraclulous game last week which in most cases might have (even should have) changed the fortunes of an entire organization, and come back the next week reverting to last season's unprepared, discombobulated look? This is the issue I have with this team. I've said it many times over and over. In 12 of the 20 games Saleh has coached, they have been hopelessly out of the game by the middle of Q2 or sooner, including this latest game with Cin. Facts and stats are what they are. This is year 2. Does anyone see anything to hang a hat on in terms on improvements? I see the acceptance of losing and mediocrity continuing here as it always has. Does anyone really expect things to change under Saleh and Douglas all of a sudden or even by next season? I don't. It' hasn't changed from year 1 to year 2. It is what it is. We are headed for yet another top 1, 2, or 3 draft pick in April. 

35 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

So true....LeFleur is OK OC, Boyer is OK ST. How's the song go? 2 outta 3 ain't bad!

Saleh is still way too passive, especially for a team that looks as dysfunctional as this one 

You need to give your OC and DC freedom to do their thing, but as the HC it’s your job to make sure whatever needs to get fixed gets fixed 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Saleh is still way too passive, especially for a team that looks as dysfunctional as this one 

You need to give your OC and DC freedom to do their thing, but as the HC it’s your job to make sure whatever needs to get fixed gets fixed 

I wonder how much influence Saleh has on the weekly game plans. Does he sit with his coordinators when they're building this week's game plans? Does he sit in the meeting with the players when the game plans are being delivered, discussed?

Or does he just get a thumbnail high-level overview of what each coordinator is trying to accomplish this week. Did Saleh even know Boyer was calling for a fake punt? Did Saleh even know Olbrich was calling for a cover 0 blitz? I wonder how deep Saleh dives into each week's game plans, and how much (if any) influence his has on them.

I know we all wanted a CEO type HC who doesn't micro-manage one side of the ball or the other. Is that what we have now?

17 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lafleur has been absolutely dreadful through 3 games this year.  Hes the guy that wants flaccid in there and thinks its smart to be calling 50 pass plays a game for Flaccid.

So you want to bang on Saleh but you want to elevate the guy whos been 10 times worse then Saleh?

My goodness.

Having Flacco in their is a HC decision and Flacco is the guy who can not run this offense. LaFleur is doing his job just fine IMO Flacco is not never was and never will be a WCO QB 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Samies but the JD warts are showing, not only by hiring these dweebs but especially now with the news that we're waiting on Zach DR's to clear him to play, like wtf?  And then you realize it's not hard to upgrade the worst roster in the NFL, 5-29 under JD, he's a poop head too and we more than likely need to just hit reset.

And then Woody will hire the next Mike Maccagnan again at GM and here we go again.  

I’d rather keep Douglas for the rest of Woody’s life than let him make another hire there.  As bad as Douglas is proving to be he has still easily been our best GM since Tannenbaum and that’s very sad.  

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

True 

41 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

I wonder how much influence Saleh has on the weekly game plans. Does he sit with his coordinators when they're building this week's game plans? Does he sit in the meeting with the players when the game plans are being delivered, discussed?

Or does he just get a thumbnail high-level overview of what each coordinator is trying to accomplish this week. Did Saleh even know Boyer was calling for a fake punt? Did Saleh even know Olbrich was calling for a cover 0 blitz? I wonder how deep Saleh dives into each week's game plans, and how much (if any) influence his has on them.

I know we all wanted a CEO type HC who doesn't micro-manage one side of the ball or the other. Is that what we have now?

My sense is he sits back and pretty much lets them do whatever they want 

I mean if you watch him on the sidelines, he looks like a pure spectator just like any of us watching things unfold

I mean I couldn’t stand Todd Bowles,  but in Tampa you can at least see the personal stamp he has put on the team

Right or wrong, they have morphed from the most pass-happy team in the league (Brady threw over 700 passes in ‘21) to one of the most boring, run-heavy “attacks”

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Spot on again.  Saleh has shown himself to be a liar to the press/fans.  He clouds his poor performance with absurd, annoying and ultimately meaningless slogans.  How in the world can any Jets fan pretend to be pleased with this guy at all... both on the field and off.  And it bothers me to no end that he is such a B.S. artist.  And he's obvious about it too, which is arrogant. You can't trust a thing he says.  His love for Flacco is disturbingly incompetent for the development of this team.  It's downright weird.  Does he or Mrs Saleh have a Flacco tattoo?

rex-beach.png

My sentiments exactly. He's a terrible HC who does practically nothing right. One day he's telling us that Wilson may start the 1st game of the season and then the next day he is saying he's out until at least week 4. I mean WTF. He is completely and utterly incompetent. It was almost impossible to hire somebody worse than Gase but they managed to accomplish that. 

At the end of the 1st half with the Jets driving for a score, Joe completed a pass to Hall who couldn't get out of bounds. They burn their last time out. But Rumpelstiltskin calls TO at 13 seconds, so the Jets had to kill 10 seconds to end the half with a FG attempt. That was piss poor time management. 

5 hours ago, Squirt said:

I had high hopes for Salah but after almost two years there is no sign of his being a great head coach the same for La Fluer as OC and Ulbrect as a DC. My high school coach enforced this old adage in his players. "You practice like you play". Also he drove us so hard in practice that the games were easy as far as what his practices were like. He made us run and do plays over and over again in practice until we knew our assignments. He believed in conditioning that you have to have more endurance than your competition. Win or lose we never got destroyed. The Jets are playing like they practice and thats on Salah and his coaches!

Your high school coach didn't have to adhere to a CBA agreement.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

BT is all of us. He speaks like I would speak. He feels like I feel every week when you know it's game over in the 2nd quarter and I am going through my Sunday psychosis to try and reason why I bother staying home to watch garbage and get my guts ripped tf out. Tiki Barber said the defense played well this season. Truthfully, he has no business commenting on things he knows nothing about since he obviusly did not watch any of the games. They were torched by Baltimore. They were torched by Jacoby Brissett and should have lost that game by all rights. They were torched by Burrow, the most sacked QB in the NFL. This defense is A W F U L. Period.  We watch how many 3rd and 9's get converted against them? I do not see this hapening to any other team as much as it does here. Fact of the matter is, they are the cure for every one else's ills. We will see Mitch Trubiscuit look like Big Ben Sunday when the Steelers rack up 400+ yards and 30+ points. What BT said about coach Salesman is 100% spot on, he is what I term an "internet tough guy". He will be rhetorically tough on TV or on the radio, but when it comes to getting in his lousy players faces after a stupid unnecessary penalty that changed the course of the season possibly, or to take over the awful defensive play calls, he is nowhere to be found. Arms folded standing there either afraid to get in anyones faces (Mr. Ulbrich), or thinking of excuses to give the media as to why his team is inept from top to bottom. I keep hearing in my mind what BT said Lovey Smith said, "he did not become a HC to stop coaching" which is exactly what Saleh has done here. Robert, this is not a Kingship or Emperorship, sitting on high being a HC. Get in there, get down, get dirty, and start to coach again - if you even can. Who knows at this point?

Explain to me how you win a miraclulous game last week which in most cases might have (even should have) changed the fortunes of an entire organization, and come back the next week reverting to last season's unprepared, discombobulated look? This is the issue I have with this team. I've said it many times over and over. In 12 of the 20 games Saleh has coached, they have been hopelessly out of the game by the middle of Q2 or sooner, including this latest game with Cin. Facts and stats are what they are. This is year 2. Does anyone see anything to hang a hat on in terms on improvements? I see the acceptance of losing and mediocrity continuing here as it always has. Does anyone really expect things to change under Saleh and Douglas all of a sudden or even by next season? I don't. It' hasn't changed from year 1 to year 2. It is what it is. We are headed for yet another top 1, 2, or 3 draft pick in April. 

I'm with most of what you said but coming Saleh as a real or fake tough guy is locker room stuff I don't have insight to. 

The one thing I do know is that Saleh has an affinity for the navy seals and a long running military leadership mantra is to "praise in public,  reprimand in private".

So he may have adopted that and be getting 2 feet deep in some asses on Monday's.... or maybe he isn't. Idk.

1 hour ago, PorP said:

I'm with most of what you said but coming Saleh as a real or fake tough guy is locker room stuff I don't have insight to. 

The one thing I do know is that Saleh has an affinity for the navy seals and a long running military leadership mantra is to "praise in public,  reprimand in private".

So he may have adopted that and be getting 2 feet deep in some asses on Monday's.... or maybe he isn't. Idk.

At this point the seals stuff seems like an act. I mean last year the guy gets his opportunity of a lifetime and he's preoccupied with a fixer upper house while living in a hotel?? It seems like he's mastered the art of fake hustle and isn't really putting in the work. This is all on Woody. 

I was wrong about Saleh I thought he would develop as would his staff.

But nope they are a dumpster fire.

Listen to the players words they speak volumes.

I think JD is doing a good job except for the coaching choices...

Saleh has no receipts, we do

All brake, No gas