I was wrong about Saleh...

THE BARON

8 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Seriously. 
Comments like that is making me lose faith quickly.....6-7 miscommunications leads to losing football! Period! How many miscommunications do the Rams, Bills, Chiefs, Bucs, and Pats have?

Just own up to your shortcomings and take responsibility and say we have a lot to improve on. All the extra stuff and the positive vibes is just showing how clueless he really is ?

Exactly.  I mean it’s so easy yet he won’t do that.  I guess that’s just his personality and he won’t change.  Look I’m not giving up on the guy mainly because I’m sick of the revolving door of coaches but if he wants to save his job he needs to swallow his pride and change things 

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Question will be as Saleh's seat gets hotter does he start laying into the players to get the mistakes to stop. In other words, you're the HC and your job is on the line. Well a good example to me is I would go over the film and though it was a tough QB tackle to stop I would get with JFM and say you see how that one play effectively turned the game and ended up causing a loss. I do not want to see that occur from you again or you will be on the bench for the foreseeable future. Or, maybe that has to be indicated in from of the entire front 7 or while D so they know to be somewhat aggressive with the QB hits, but not to a fault to turn a whole game around. 

A good coach would have had things in hand to begin with.  If a coach/boss/manager/superior starts turning into captain Ahab after their initial style and methods fail to product results, it will be the beginning of a very ugly ending.  That's an old drama that always plays out the same way. 

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

I can't believe you've already bailed on this whole regime. So disappointing. 

SUPERBOWL 2023!?!?!

Not bailing out on JD.  I just see sings that Saleh is not the guy to take the Jets to the "next level"  Quite the contrary.  

1. I see a repeat of on filed miscommunication, especially on defense.  Rember 2009 and 2010 ??? Other than horrible play by Lito S. at CB. the communication in the secondary and that between all levels of the defense was a masterwork.  And by a first year HC.

2.  I see penalties that show an overall lack of discipline. 

3.  I see a player going ballistic on a coach during a game over defensive play calling.  If Parcells or Belichich or even REX was the HC, we would not see that.

4. I hear post game comments from the HC that leave me wondering... "what the hell"

The evidence is mounting...

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

i have a challenge for my follow jets fans...

Tell me one thing Saleh has done well. Seriously, just give me one tangible thing that he has done well. Players rally around him? that's not a thing, outside of mangini i think players generally speak out for their coach.

what i see:

- undisciplined

- unprepared (lets not lose sight of the fact that he decided not to play anyone in the preseason)

- can't generate pass rush with a top paid D line + 2 very good corners

- safeties are probably the worst in football

- illogical love of Joe Flacco (imagine if we actually had a competent backup like brissett...yeah i know)

- terrible media handling, basically lied to us about Wilson and then chose not to come clean

- chose Lefleur to come with him as OC, chances are he could have had mcdaniel (speculation)

- hired a terrible DC and letting him sink this team although the ******* guy is a top defensive coordinator

i just want someone to tell me the 1 thing that he's done well enough to warrant a HC job (that wasn't in SF or seattle).

Yes, yes, yes and YES.  Exactly what I see.  ENOUGH about having young talent and so on.  We should not see what we have been seeing if there was a good HC on the job. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

1. I loved the Saleh hire.  2. I then loved the Lafleur hire. 3. But now I’m siding that they both suck monkey balls 4. but I hope I’m wrong 5. Jets have some of the best young talent in the league imo 6. Which is why I think any Douglas hate is dumb af

Just for clarification, did Douglas provide the monkey whom which balls Saleh and Lafleur are sucking?

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

- unprepared (lets not lose sight of the fact that he decided not to play anyone in the preseason)

Here's the foundation of the problem. Saleh treating two preseasons/camps in a row as if he was taking over a Super Bowl team. Too many practices in shorts, shells and not enough full contact. Play the kids in the preseason to work on "communication" so we don't see it happen in Week 3. It's not by accident this team looks unprepared in the secondary especially. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Here's the foundation of the problem. Saleh treating two preseasons/camps in a row as if he was taking over a Super Bowl team. Too many practices in shorts, shells and not enough full contact. Play the kids in the preseason to work on "communication" so we don't see it happen in Week 3. It's not by accident this team looks unprepared in the secondary especially. 

Renegotiate the CBA and this might change. That said - they didn't make use of the time they had to learn to play smart. The most disturbing thing is that the veterans, not the rookies, are making the mental and physical mistakes. 

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lafleur has been absolutely dreadful through 3 games this year.  Hes the guy that wants flaccid in there and thinks its smart to be calling 50 pass plays a game for Flaccid.

So you want to bang on Saleh but you want to elevate the guy whos been 10 times worse then Saleh?

My goodness.

If only LeFlure was as good as Ulbrich.

4 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I had disagreed with several posters that were critical of Saleh.  Even though the Jets did not rack up wins last season, I saw what I thought were signs of a good HC.  Apologies to those I contradicted.  I saw a poorly coached team yesterday.  I'm leaning towards concluding that Saleh is another dead end.

The VERY good news is that JD appears to have overcome his early mistakes to hit a grand slam this off season.

Perhaps, his next pick for HC will be another home run.  

Also... LeFleur is already on the payroll.  Could he be the next Jets HC ???

Same here. Not giving up yet but confidence is very low that Saleh will be the long term answer. 

3 hours ago, oatmeal said:

short list:

1. 2020 draft 

2. Terrible O line after 4 years

3. terrible free agent signings 

4. he hired the 1 and 2 points on your list 

This. JD has been decent but he has also been equally inept.  He's got to be better especially with his FA signings. They have been abysmal.  And thats where the big monies go.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

I remember when Gase was our glorified OC playing HC, and when Rex was our glorified DC playing HC, a lot of fans said "I don't want an Offensive or Defensive HC, I want a HC who coaches the WHOLE team...I want a CEO type HC".

TBH, I think that's exactly what we have right now, a CEO type HC 'overseeing' the whole team. Walking the hallways, shaking hands with players. Giving interviews. Photo ops. Motivational speeches. on and on. 

Maybe a case of watch what you wish for?

I must admit this is very true and I am guilty of this too

damn I don’t know if I want to laugh or cry at this sh*t lol

damn I hate this trifling team

the jaguars and lions are legit good this year and the jets still suck.  The giants are playing well with basically the same team, Vikings are competitive, and dolphins just beat the Bills.   Pretty sure it’s safe to say the HC does matter and we got the wrong guy.    Give Payton $20m/yr and if that doesn’t work just move the team to England so I can stop caring. 

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

I remember when Gase was our glorified OC playing HC, and when Rex was our glorified DC playing HC, a lot of fans said "I don't want an Offensive or Defensive HC, I want a HC who coaches the WHOLE team...I want a CEO type HC".

TBH, I think that's exactly what we have right now, a CEO type HC 'overseeing' the whole team. Walking the hallways, shaking hands with players. Giving interviews. Photo ops. Motivational speeches. on and on. 

I think the CEO type HC is the right decision. I just don’t think Saleh is good at it, and it starts with who he delegates to.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lafleur has been absolutely dreadful through 3 games this year.  Hes the guy that wants flaccid in there and thinks its smart to be calling 50 pass plays a game for Flaccid.

So you want to bang on Saleh but you want to elevate the guy whos been 10 times worse then Saleh?

My goodness.

Who hired LaFleur

14 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Beat Steelers, Dolphins will lose to cincy on Thursday, and we have a home game for 1st place in the AFC East.

R-E-L-A-X

1-2 is exactly where we thought we would be after 3 weeks.

Yeah.  -29 point differential (2nd worst in the NFL) and a miracle required to prevent 0-3 was exactly what you predicted would happen and everyone should be good with it.

Go away.  

11 hours ago, FootballLove said:

Is he kissing babies yet, or did COVID ruin that too?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I think the CEO type HC is the right decision. I just don’t think Saleh is good at it, and it starts with who he delegates to.

Exactly.  If he wants to be CEO, he needed to hire a competent Defensive Coordinator. 

LaFleur is OK but really young, and the installation of the zone blocking scheme seems to take on a glacial pace early on in the season, as if Week 1 is the first time the OL has ever been in the same room together.

If Saleh is letting Ulbrich game plan, then he needs to step in and say enough is enough. It's time to do away with Zone with the talent at CB. We do have good talent on this team, and as much as I like JD, the OL is a MESS. Not taking 2 OL last year was akin to not taking 2 WR in 2020. I think he needs to stop placating to the HC and draft the players for this team that will make the team complete. He's done a fairly good job so far, but he needs to be better. I'm willing to stick it out with JD, but have a much shorter leach with Saleh and Ulbrich. Frankly, ML was much better at calling plays last half of last year then this year. 

• Sympathy 1

The coaching staff is horrible.

No discipline, no accountability.

If they don't win a significant amount more games this year, Saleh needs to go.

Unless by some miracle Zach takes a big step forward, and loses in a bunch of shootouts.

But even then, Saleh should be faulted for the defense.

Joe Douglas looks like a fool not taking an offensive tackle with the first pick. Looks like he was trying to justify the Mekhi Becton pick, which blew up in his face. Now the offensive line is in shambles.

Woody should do anything and everything to get Sean Payton here, this team is a mess!

14 hours ago, k-met57 said:

i have a challenge for my follow jets fans...

Tell me one thing Saleh has done well. Seriously, just give me one tangible thing that he has done well. Players rally around him? that's not a thing, outside of mangini i think players generally speak out for their coach.

what i see:

- undisciplined

- can't generate pass rush with a top paid D line + 2 very good corners

- safeties are probably the worst in football

- illogical love of Joe Flacco (imagine if we actually had a competent backup like brissett...yeah i know)

- terrible media handling, basically lied to us about Wilson and then chose not to come clean

- chose Lefleur to come with him as OC, chances are he could have had mcdaniel (speculation)

- hired a terrible DC and letting him sink this team although the ******* guy is a top defensive coordinator

i just want someone to tell me the 1 thing that he's done well enough to warrant a HC job (that wasn't in SF or seattle).

nice summary.  Spot on

15 hours ago, Jets723 said:

I think the vast majority were happy with the hire.  Making the jump from coordinator to HC is not easy.  It looked like he had all the qualities of being one of the exceptions at least in our history but I haven’t seen even a crumb of evidence that he can be a head coach 

True that. Well he does come up with some cute meaningless quips. What’s next? All Flacco, No Zach. 

12 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Saleh is such a joke

”6 or 7 coverage busts per game is fine”

Nothing to see here

All Gaslighting

its kinda funny the safety that hasnt played football in almost 3 years . Is responsible for most of them. But some how he was a  lock for starting job.