THE BARON

32 minutes ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

Not to be political and this is an observation not an opinion
I read somewhere yesterday either here or FB or Reddit,
Saleh is like Obama
He says all the right things
But nothing gets done

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Certainly appears to be the case.  He certainly talks a good game and players like him which definitely factored into his hire but he was a good DC in San Fran.  However it seems like he has no idea what he is doing especially on defense which is suppose to be his forte 

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2022 at 6:00 PM, THE BARON said:

I had disagreed with several posters that were critical of Saleh.  Even though the Jets did not rack up wins last season, I saw what I thought were signs of a good HC.  Apologies to those I contradicted.  I saw a poorly coached team yesterday.  I'm leaning towards concluding that Saleh is another dead end.

The VERY good news is that JD appears to have overcome his early mistakes to hit a grand slam this off season.

Perhaps, his next pick for HC will be another home run.  

Also... LeFleur is already on the payroll.  Could he be the next Jets HC ???

To be fair, I think Saleh had a lot of us fooled.  He speaks very intelligently, he is quick on his feet when answering tough questions, and the players love him.

If the Jets were hiring him for his ability to deal with the press, then he would be a "home run".

But unfortunately, the NFL is about wins and losses.  If you lose on a consistent basis, and if you are non-competitive on a consistent basis, then you deserve to get fired.   

Saleh is bordering on deserving to get fired.  I think he's got the rest of the entire year to turn it around, but we can't wait until week #14 to turn it around, and knock off 4 straight wins to end the season at 5-12.  He needs the Jets to play winning football now.  If he waits until week #14, it's too late, no matter what he does, and how good the team plays at the end of the season, when the results no longer matter.

• Upvote 2

On 9/27/2022 at 12:09 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Beat Steelers, Dolphins will lose to cincy on Thursday, and we have a home game for 1st place in the AFC East.

R-E-L-A-X

1-2 is exactly where we thought we would be after 3 weeks.

Beat the Steelers, that’s all?

7 hours ago, Alka said:

To be fair, I think Saleh had a lot of us fooled.  He speaks very intelligently, he is quick on his feet when answering tough questions, and the players love him.

If the Jets were hiring him for his ability to deal with the press, then he would be a "home run".

But unfortunately, the NFL is about wins and losses.  If you lose on a consistent basis, and if you are non-competitive on a consistent basis, then you deserve to get fired.   

Saleh is bordering on deserving to get fired.  I think he's got the rest of the entire year to turn it around, but we can't wait until week #14 to turn it around, and knock off 4 straight wins to end the season at 5-12.  He needs the Jets to play winning football now.  If he waits until week #14, it's too late, no matter what he does, and how good the team plays at the end of the season, when the results no longer matter.

Would you let Saleh play out the string if it drops the chances that Woody gets Sean Payton from 15% to 0%?

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

We are a mess but they are beatable if we get a good QB performance 

line is 3.5 

I would lay the points. I usually expect things to go wrong in Pitt. 

And the dinosaurs would still be here if they had a nuke and a Saturn V rocket.

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

We are a mess but they are beatable if we get a good QB performance 

line is 3.5 

I would lay the points. I usually expect things to go wrong in Pitt. 

That is shockingly low for a road game at Heinz Field. Like so low I wouldn't bet on the Steelers because it almost seems off. Feels like the usual trap game. 

54 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

That is shockingly low for a road game at Heinz Field. Like so low I wouldn't bet on the Steelers because it almost seems off. Feels like the usual trap game. 

Sometimes a gimme is just a gimme. The implied odds for Jets to win is 40%. Look anything can happen but our chance is (much) lower than that IMHO.

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

Sometimes a gimme is just a gimme. The implied odds for Jets to win is 40%. Look anything can happen but our chance is (much) lower than that IMHO.

I genuinely think we'll beat the Steelers.

The usual suspects will come out of the woodwork and chastise anyone who's said a negative word about Saleh. Everyone will be back on board. Everyone talking about how young, talented and hungry this group is and how it's not the same old Jets.

We then lose our next seven games. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The usual suspects will come out of the woodwork and chastise anyone who's said a negative word about Saleh. Everyone will be back on board. Everyone talking about how young, talented and hungry this group is and how it's not the same old Jets.

This would be Jetsie — give enough hope to re-embolden the homers only to dash them back against the rocks like so much flotsam.

I think Saleh has the makings of a good HC and will grow into the role. The bigger issue is just how married he is to his defensive scheme (or at least, the implementation of it by his HC). There's a very simple, but convincing insight about this at The Jet Press. So that's part of his maturation, recognizing those issues and taking steps to correct them. So far he's been slow to do so, but it's gotta be business first, loyalty second.

I believe LaFleuer will also be very good, and to me has shown greater ability to adjust and scheme when compared to his defensive counterpart. Let's recognize that Flacco is an incredibly poor fit for this offense, and it's Saleh who makes the call on who starts (so ding for Saleh there, I suppose). 

I guess I'm saying that the pieces aren't bad, but there needs to be some tweaking done, and that needs to come from on-high, so either Woody or JD. But I'm not ready to give up on this staff yet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, peebag said:

Your high school coach didn't have to adhere to a CBA agreement.

Peebag, Yes my HS coach didn't have to adhere to a CBA agreement. But all the NFL coaches have to deal with the CBA Agreement. Why is it they are more prepared and disciplined than our Jets? Sala and his coaches trademark is an unprepared and UNDISCIPLINED TEAM that can't make half time adjustments let alone in game adjustments. Plus injuries are a fact in the NFL and no matter who your backups are they must be ready to go every week because they are a play away from getting in the game. The Jets backups must eat donuts all week in practice because they don't have a clue on what their assignments are when they get put in the game. The backups should be better prepared than they are. That is on the coach and his staff!

19 hours ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

Not to be political and this is an observation not an opinion
I read somewhere yesterday either here or FB or Reddit,
Saleh is like Obama
He says all the right things
But nothing gets done

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Pretty much sums up career politicians in general.

One of the Reasons I had so much fun when Rex was the coach.  Zero "coach speak" and all "Rex speak."  Loved it. 

And for those Rex haters.  Two back to back AFC Champ games with a limited QB and in 2013 he managed to win 8 games with the worse rosters in the league.

With the 2013 Roster, Saleh the current regime would win 2 games tops. 

5 hours ago, Jetworks said:

I think Saleh has the makings of a good HC and will grow into the role. The bigger issue is just how married he is to his defensive scheme (or at least, the implementation of it by his HC). There's a very simple, but convincing insight about this at The Jet Press. So that's part of his maturation, recognizing those issues and taking steps to correct them. So far he's been slow to do so, but it's gotta be business first, loyalty second.

I believe LaFleuer will also be very good, and to me has shown greater ability to adjust and scheme when compared to his defensive counterpart. Let's recognize that Flacco is an incredibly poor fit for this offense, and it's Saleh who makes the call on who starts (so ding for Saleh there, I suppose). 

I guess I'm saying that the pieces aren't bad, but there needs to be some tweaking done, and that needs to come from on-high, so either Woody or JD. But I'm not ready to give up on this staff yet. 

Jet X wrote a similar summary killing Saleh and Ulbrich for their rigidness to their "system" - rotating players too much, not game planning to opponents strengths and weaknesses, not allowing their field generals (Flacco and Mosley) to alter play calls, etc.  Really quite damning when you think about it...

• Upvote 2

On 9/27/2022 at 3:26 PM, Alka said:

Any self-respecting owner or GM would have canned him by now.

When you see a team continually beating itself and on top of that, the continual deflection and lack of accountability, there’s no reason not to move on…

It’s like playing out a chess match from a hopeless position.  

There’s maybe a 1% chance your opponent blunders and opens the door, but in reality you are just pointlessly taking the game to its logical conclusion instead of saving yourself the time and energy by just tipping your king over and offering your opponent a handshake.

Robert Saleh is hopeless, and the sooner Woodrow and Douglas acknowledge this, the better.

16 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

t’s like playing out a chess match from a hopeless position.  

I enjoy playing chess, and understand perfectly what you are saying.  But depending on good you are, sometimes you just don't know at what point your position is hopeless.  The better the player, the earlier on you know this information.  Perhaps Woody Johnson is not sharp enough to know when the team's position is hopeless.  He's really not a football guy, just a guy that got a lot of money through his family.

• Upvote 1

On 9/28/2022 at 2:21 AM, jgb said:

Would you let Saleh play out the string if it drops the chances that Woody gets Sean Payton from 15% to 0%?

If we have a reasonable chance to get Sean Payton, I would do it right now.  The sooner he gets here, the sooner the team can become competitive.  But if the likelihood of getting him is only 15%, that number is not good enough to dump Saleh at this time.  If the odds were better than 50/50, I would fire Saleh now.

On 9/28/2022 at 8:08 AM, Jetworks said:

There's a very simple, but convincing insight about this at The Jet Press.

This is a death knell for coaches in any sport. If you aren't good at adjustments or outright refuse to make them, you will fail. I've seen too many terrible Knicks coaches through the years stick to their awful gameplans no matter what. The same holds true in the NFL. Look at how many times Belichick recreated the Patriots; they've been everything from a power running team to a verticle attack to a dink-and-dunk offense. Hell, he wildly adjusts how the team looks and plays on a week-to-week basis when it's needed.

If we do the same thing on both sides of the ball every single week then Saleh will be looking for employment come January.

On 9/26/2022 at 6:17 PM, FootballLove said:

I remember when Gase was our glorified OC playing HC, and when Rex was our glorified DC playing HC, a lot of fans said "I don't want an Offensive or Defensive HC, I want a HC who coaches the WHOLE team...I want a CEO type HC".

TBH, I think that's exactly what we have right now, a CEO type HC 'overseeing' the whole team. Walking the hallways, shaking hands with players. Giving interviews. Photo ops. Motivational speeches. on and on. 

Maybe a case of watch what you wish for?

I worked for several CEO and Chairman in my career and believe me, they would have fired this CS after they gave them and opportubity to fix the problem... if they didn't,    One guy I worked for had a division Pres. in his office and sliced him up like Zorro because he failed to do follow advice I gave him on behalf of the CEO... believe me, after watching that,  I always had my A++  game. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2022 at 5:00 PM, THE BARON said:

I had disagreed with several posters that were critical of Saleh.  Even though the Jets did not rack up wins last season, I saw what I thought were signs of a good HC.  Apologies to those I contradicted.  I saw a poorly coached team yesterday.  I'm leaning towards concluding that Saleh is another dead end.

The VERY good news is that JD appears to have overcome his early mistakes to hit a grand slam this off season.

Perhaps, his next pick for HC will be another home run.  

Also... LeFleur is already on the payroll.  Could he be the next Jets HC ???

Another rookie HC? You're such an amateur

18 hours ago, Alka said:

If we have a reasonable chance to get Sean Payton, I would do it right now.  The sooner he gets here, the sooner the team can become competitive.  But if the likelihood of getting him is only 15%, that number is not good enough to dump Saleh at this time.  If the odds were better than 50/50, I would fire Saleh now.

I can never see the Jets at having a north of 50% chance of landing him. But I do believe our best -- perhaps only -- chance to get him is to fire Saleh mid-season so we get a head start and overwhelm him with such a ridiculous offer that he takes himself off the market.

It's a long shot but it might be the only shot.

22 hours ago, Alka said:

Saleh needs to be fired regardless.

Ron Middleton is pretty much the ideal interim coach, humble yet respected, and capable of keeping the team together.

Saleh needs to be fired regardless.
Ron Middleton is pretty much the ideal interim coach, humble yet respected, and capable of keeping the team together.
Mike LaFleur is the future HC if this team in 2023 or 2024 ... book it. Excuse will be ownership wants an offensive HC.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

On 9/28/2022 at 11:35 AM, Irish Jet said:

@jgb

image.gif.2b742199fa55a4cba86f2085ed89a22d.gif

• Upvote 1

Saleh was fantastic today.  Made a huge ballsy call to go for it on 4th and 7 late in the game, handled the clock masterfully at end of game and has his players never giving up and playing to the final whistle.

Multiple Super Bowl wins under Saleh.  Hes a generational coach and doing a great job with this young team.

Miami is in for a rude awakening on Sunday.  Jets about to start the season 3-2.  Better start then any expected.

Jet fans - “Fire everyone!!!”    Hahahaha