and Saleh knows defense

hmhertz

The Jet Press @TheJetPress14m
It’s stuff like this that makes me seriously concerned about this coaching staff. Just watch the tape from Week 1 and 2. Bengals can’t beat Cover 2 to save their lives. Yet the #Jets come out and attack with Cover 1 and Cover 3 because it’s their system. Make it make sense.

The Jet Press @TheJetPress18m
The Bengals have struggled against Cover 2 all season. It’s been their kryptonite. So what do the #Jets do? They run it ONCE all game. I get it’s not Saleh/Ulbrich’s bread and butter, but you have to adapt. That’s inexcusable.
Andrew Russell @Andrew_Russell7
Snaps vs Cover 2 by week for the Bengals offense: Week 1: 30 (31%) Week 2: 26 (39%) Week 3: 1 (2%) We got stubborn Saleh.

Builds his defense on his pride the defensive line, which can't stop the rush

and is allergic to rushing the passer

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Said this in a different thread but I’ll say it again. This coaching staff doesn’t game plan against the opponent. They don’t attack other teams weaknesses.  They have a playbook and just call plays from it. 

are all the plays in the playbook prevent defense?

27 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Said this in a different thread but I’ll say it again. This coaching staff doesn’t game plan against the opponent. They don’t attack other teams weaknesses.  They have a playbook and just call plays from it. 

I dont think it's scheme as much as it's attention to detail. Lack of accountability in meetings. I've said it more than anyone but the Jets practice habits under this staff have not been NFL level. The Jets dont seem practice hard /intensely and it carries over. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Yes, this.

22 minutes ago, BrokeFatLonely said:

This really sums it up on both sides of the ball 

“They’d rather be wrong on their own accord, than adjust the scheme and win another way.”

Ulbrich admitted this last year. He said he could have made adjustments to correct for flaws but was more focused on young players learning their system instead!

3 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

STUBBORN. That's all I think when I think of our coaching staff. No real game plan, little adjustments on defense. We just trot out our rotational Rush 4 off coverage crap fest and hope it works.