Be honest; you really think Zach Wilson is going make a difference?

Paradis

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Lets say he's even 70% as good as you'd hope he was gonna be. 80%... I don't care.

The Jets don't show up looking like a team with--

• A game plan
  • a strategy for their opponent
  • leveraging strengths/weaknesses
  • Imposing their will
  • Have sense of identity
  • making adjustments

We haven't had this much talent on the team since 2009... but you wouldn't know it.  CS doesn't have a clue who they are/want to be. 

that's not going to change. Either you're a HC and you bring that to table, or you don't. 

They coach down the talent on the roster. 

• Upvote 2

Coaching has sucked, no argument there.  But I do believe in LaFleur.

ZW can escape 3 pass rushers from within the space of an elevator, and he has a lightning quick release that can effortlessly flick the ball 50 yards off-balance.

So yes, I do think he has the natural ability to make a big difference…

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 3

Just now, Beerfish said:

- He will be better than Flacco

- Like it or hate it he is our guy for a few more years, forget even talking about drafting a qb this coming year.

- Our craptacular underachieving defense is the biggest problem on this team

Bet if we fall within range of Bryce or CJ bet you he’s gone.

No way ownership or management love how this injury thing is being handled 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Bet if we fall within range of Bryce or CJ bet you he’s gone.

No way ownership or management love how this injury thing is being handled 

he is gone alright. but we cant draft another QB.

our window is now. if you draft a QB in 23 and get it wrong we waste 2 years on that. end of 24 we have AVT, Moore, MC1 and MC2 as FAs. the next year is this draft class. we cant pay them all. we cant gamble on another college kid with so much at stake. we should go for Jimmy G or Minschew in FA and roll with them.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, doitny said:

he is gone alright. but we cant draft another QB.

our window is now. if you draft a QB in 23 and get it wrong we waste 2 years on that. end of 24 we have AVT, Moore, MC1 and MC2 as FAs. the next year is this draft class. we cant pay them all. we cant gamble on another college kid with so much at stake. we should go for Jimmy G or Minschew in FA and roll with them.

Get a jimmy G type and let the rookie sit until ready would be my plan 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

I think ur wrong...JD built his oline to show off Zack Wilson's off script, off schedule, run for your life and throw on the run talents. Should be just fine...

18 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Yes his ability to escape and run could literally transform the offensive line 

18 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I am going to say yes. 

I think he will get Berrios, and Moore more involved in the offense. 

If he gets some time

18 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Coaching has sucked, no argument there.  But I do believe in LaFleur.

ZW can escape 3 pass rushers from within the space of an elevator, and he has a lightning quick release that can effortlessly flick the ball 50 yards off-balance.

So yes, I do think he has the natural ability to make a big difference…

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

Actually I think faith and confidence in the QB does elevate overall team play, especially in close games or playing from behind 

unfortunately, I don’t think Zach is there just yet lol

All you guys have done is speculate that Zach might be good. So what. 

We don't show up on sunday looking like a well prepared/coached team. We just don't. We play scared/reactive every week. every year. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Get a jimmy G type and let the rookie sit until ready would be my plan 

but your still gambling on a rookie QB. sooner or later he has to play like with Zach now. 23 and 24 we cant waste a single game to see who they are. 

JD plan was good and bad . good that he loaded this team with talent that our HC cant get to win with yet. but bad in that in back to back years a big lump of them are FAs.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

All you guys have done is speculate that Zach might be good. So what. 

We don't show up on sunday looking like a well prepared/coached team. We just don't. We play scared/reactive every week. every year. 

I demand to be removed from that quote train 

immediately 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think he will.  I think he'll likely be worse than Flacco was.

Zach Wilson is basically Josh Rosen after year one, the similarities in (lack of) production are startling:

• Both stated 13 games as rookies.
  • 55.2% to 55.6% (Rosen/Zach) Comp. %
  • 2,278 to 2,334 Passing Yards
  • 11:14 to 9:11 TD:INT
  • 5.8 to 6.1 YPA
  • 45 (-320 yards) to 44 sacks (-370 yards)
  • 66.7 to 69.7 QB Rating

Rosen, at this level of production, was effectively dumped from contention as an NFL starter, dumped by the team that drafted him, and relegated to instant-journeyman washout.  He's on the Browns practice squad now...

Zach was retained.  Then he was hurt, again.  Now he is going to start, and we'll see if he has improved.

If Zach has played for anyone but us, Jets Fans would have torn him to pieces as a loser/scrub/bust.

I'm squarely in the pessimists "I want to see it, but till I see it, I won't believe in it" camp when it comes to Zach.

There is a QB with a broken back and one with destroyed ribs playing and zachs team will tell the Jets when he’s ready because of minor knee surgery 

We all know how this movie plays out 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think he will.  I think he'll likely be worse than Flacco was.

Zach Wilson is basically Josh Rosen after year one, the similarities in (lack of) production are startling:

• Both stated 13 games as rookies.
  • 55.2% to 55.6% (Rosen/Zach) Comp. %
  • 2,278 to 2,334 Passing Yards
  • 11:14 to 9:11 TD:INT
  • 5.8 to 6.1 YPA
  • 45 (-320 yards) to 44 sacks (-370 yards)
  • 66.7 to 69.7 QB Rating

Rosen, at this level of production, was effectively dumped from contention as an NFL starter, dumped by the team that drafted him, and relegated to instant-journeyman washout.  He's on the Browns practice squad now...

Zach was retained and no competition was even brought in.  Then he was hurt, again.  Now he is going to start, and we'll see if he has improved.

If Zach had played for anyone but us, Jets Fans would have torn him to pieces as a loser/scrub/bust.

I'm squarely in the pessimists "I want to see it, but till I see it, I won't believe in it" camp when it comes to Zach.

ZW spent several weeks throwing to #3 and #4 WRs in his rookie season.

Fields doesn’t look so good with his crap WRs, does he?

Tom Brady struggled yesterday with Perriman, Scotty Miller and the rest of ‘em.

Give the kid a chance…

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

ZW spent several weeks throwing to #3 and #4 WRs in his rookie season.

Fields doesn’t look so good with his crap WRs, does he?

Tom Brady struggled yesterday with Perriman, Scotty Miller and the rest of ‘em.

Give the kid a chance…

Would you have given Rosen a chance too?

In any event, it's not up to me yo "give him a chance", it's up to the Jets, and they clearly have in fact "given him a chance".  

We'll all see how he does Sunday, presuming his Doctors allow the Jets to play him.  I'm looking forward to it, and I hope he proves me wrong.  He is the one who needs to prove something, not me.

51 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Lets say he's even 70% as good as you'd hope he was gonna be. 80%... I don't care.

• A game plan
  • Imposing their will
  • Have sense of identity
  • making adjustments

We haven't had this much talent on the team since 2009... but you wouldn't know it.  CS doesn't have a clue who they are/want to be. 

that's not going to change. Either you're a HC and you bring that to table, or you don't. 

I'll just say this.  I don't think he'll be as good as Arch Manning.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Paradis said:

• A game plan
  • Imposing their will
  • Have sense of identity
  • making adjustments

Agreed.  This CS has to prove it.  They no longer get my benefit of the doubt.  

• Upvote 1

Yes. Flacco was a gigantic problem for this team. He does not fit the offense at all and makes the OL issues even worse than they are. He never ever should have started. It is popular to bash Flacco but I think there is no doubt he is a significant upgrade over Flacco and I think he will show it. I do expect he will struggle though in his first game back though

• Upvote 1

It depends what you mean. 

I think Wilson will take a step forward this year and be good. I think our offense has the potential to keep us in games if he does that. Competent QB play makes us functional and I expect that to happen.

However, I am extremely worried about the defense and fear it’s not going to get better. Even if Wilson plays well, I don’t see more than 7 wins being a realistic possibility with this defensive personnel/scheme/coaching 

• Upvote 3