Per Q - The Dline is a pack of DAWGS

Dunnie

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Quinnen Williams came from an 8 man DL rotation at Bama and has always been his most productive in that 50% rep area

I've bolded the part that's not accurate. More reps do not equal more stats

giving him 80% of reps will just make him less explosive and wear him down faster

but since he's on his contract year, that's his problem AMIRITE? 

listen Ulbrich we want more for less

I am like the mafia

pay me...you cant?...**** you pay me?

What has surprised me is that the Jets are running a more complex defensive scheme than I expected. No one on this board picked up on this, basically claiming they are a vanilla simple scheme. People were calling for blitzes but apparently that’s what they were doing in the 1st quarter which set off Williams 

in addition Chase said the Jets threw the Bengals many different looks at them and some Jets are saying they may need to simplify to cut down on mistakes.

this may sound strange but this gives me more confidence in the coaching staff with regard to active Xs and Os

7 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

What has surprised me is that the Jets are running a more complex defensive scheme than I expected. No one on this board picked up on this, basically claiming they are a vanilla simple scheme. People were calling for blitzes but apparently that’s what they were doing in the 1st quarter which set off Williams 

in addition Chase said the Jets threw the Bengals many different looks at them and some Jets are saying they may need to simplify to cut down on mistakes.

this may sound strange but this gives me more confidence in the coaching staff with regard to active Xs and Os

something doesnt add up for me...why would Q care if OC calls a blitz or not.  What could possibly make him that upset about that.  They were not getting to QB w/o and really his job is to go upfield if there are blitzers taking up some blocker that would normally be blocking him that helps him...why does he care.   He should care that Whitehead ****ed it.

18 hours ago, bitonti said:

Quinnen Williams came from an 8 man DL rotation at Bama and has always been his most productive in that 50% rep area

I've bolded the part that's not accurate. More reps do not equal more stats

giving him 80% of reps will just make him less explosive and wear him down faster

but since he's on his contract year, that's his problem AMIRITE? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

something doesnt add up for me...why would Q care if OC calls a blitz or not.  What could possibly make him that upset about that.  They were not getting to QB w/o and really his job is to go upfield if there are blitzers taking up some blocker that would normally be blocking him that helps him...why does he care.   He should care that Whitehead ****ed it.

Because not only is Quinnen the team's best player he's one of about 5 players who give a damn 

On 9/27/2022 at 9:14 AM, Shelbyblue said:

Philly uses this same wide 9 scheme and has had a very good D for a long time, it worked against Brady for 2 SB. The scheme works the players have to communicate and trust each other.

This.....and Q has been playing Great despite what folks keep implying in this thread!

20 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

Q was RIGHT!

When they stopped with the dumb blitzes the Jets were far more effective except for the run defense at the end of the game.....

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

Duh, Quinnen was lying post game. The Dline coach probably called him out for playing like a noodle. 

On 9/27/2022 at 8:56 AM, Integrity28 said:

Achilles takes 2 years to recover, and even then you’re not the same. Lawson doesn’t need the dominant time share, he needs to be rotated in for the right situations.

Nothing they do seems situational. It all seems pre-scheduled. No consideration for what the other team is going. Basically mimicking what they saw in past jobs, but not understanding it at a level of strategic depth.

Excellent way of putting it. 

They teach their vanilla ass scheme and that’s it. No game planning for opponent tendencies. No adjustments to tendencies in game. Just go out and run our scheme. It works for Pete Carroll having all pros at every level of the defense. It works for Saleh when you have Fred Warner, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Arik Armstead and a steady secondary. It didn’t work for Ulbrich in ATL, and it ain’t gonna work for us here......