If given the option to swap out (either or both) picks #4 and #10 for other players, would you do it and for who?

TuscanyTile2

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Given what you know right now, would you change either (or both) of our picks at #4 and #10?  Personally I'm happy with both of our picks but I could see some people potentially wanting to swap out one of them out for an OL.

The same people who said we should have taken Evan “The Turnstile” Neal?  
He was a horror last night.

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Given what you know right now, would you change either (or both) of our picks at #4 and #10?  Personally I'm happy with both of our picks but I could see some people potentially wanting to swap out one of them out for an OL.

No, both look like they could be all pros. Early returns suggest complete home run picks

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wouldn't even contemplate not drafting Garrett Wilson.  I think he can and will be the best WR on the Jets since Al Toon/Westley Walker.  I bought his jersey the first day it was available in my gargantuan size, that's how much I believe in him.

I could be convinced that the pick at #4 should have been Thibodeaux (DE) or Ekwonu (OL).

But it wasn't.  And Sauce looks to me like a kid with huge potential to lock down the CB slot for a long time for us.  Not Revis, but at a well-above-average-level of play.

So no, I'm not looking to redraft #4 and #10.  Nor would I redraft the Breece Hall pick.

Now, the Jermaine Johnson II I would 100% redraft, and select George Karlaftis instead, as I would have preferred at that time.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

Flacco has been bad this year.

My favorite is the play where he hits the goalpost with both Davis and Garrett open.

There were at least 3 times on Sunday where he took the shotgun snap looked at 1 read and heaved the ball either out of the end zone or well over the wr's heads on the sidelines.  Almost like he was saying screw this , i'm not getting hit again . 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

I would have traded the round 1 #26 pick and another pick to grab Kenny Pickett before Pittsburgh did at #20.

We'll see soon enough if that would have paid off. Clearly to me, he's light years ahead of ZW.  

You may be right , I liked Pickett coming out of Pitt , but its too early to say based on watered down PS games. 

• Upvote 1

There were at least 3 times on Sunday where he took the shotgun snap looked at 1 read and heaved the ball either out of the end zone or well over the wr's heads on the sidelines.  Almost like he was saying screw this , i'm not getting hit again . 

To his credit. At that juncture in the game. That was his only option. If the sideline was not open. That’s what he should have done. No timeouts. Under 20 seconds. And on the 35. Can’t mess up getting that 3 there at least. So no problem with that at all

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

No.

The previous two drafts though?!? Yikes.

The funny thing is that it's very likely at this point (Week 4ish) in those previous two years we'd likely answer the same way.  Things looked fairly good early for both the 2020 and 2021 Draft classes.  Becton looked like a stud and Mims had a decent rookie season.  Zach looked like a rookie QB but was flashing some positives and AVT has been on the field since Day 1.

I'm just hoping that Sauce and Wilson keep up this trajectory and don't fizzle out.