As a Jets fan from Iowa need some insight from the local fans.

OMA

I am interested in hearing from our local fans and those who have followed the team living in the tri state area on the following. 

The ownership of this team seems to be one of Fredo and not Michael when it comes to both the Mara's and the overall cache of other owners.  Does Woody and Chris (when he was involved) have regular local media access and are they vocal or relatively silent.  I value the silent ownership style of the old school teams (Steelers, Giants, et) but curious if this is simply a family investment to them or if you see them becoming more present in the day to day as some newer owners have done.

Would they consider selling the team or is the legacy of the family name with the team such that there are plans for future transfer of ownership and the cycle continues.

First and foremost, we do not like the Johnsons. They have proven to be incompetent, and could not care less about the fans. We do hear from and see the Johnsons every now and then, but they are not making front page news. They speak when they have to but seem to be relatively hands off. I do not foresee the Johnsons selling any time soon. They make an obscene amount of money from this franchise.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

If the Jets have any good young players, Jets fans get pretty upset about it and find very strange ways to trash them on here and on social media.  I know it sounds strange, but you get used to it.  

Wrong! Sauce gave up a TD. Not living up to his expectations of never giving up a TD. Should trade him for a bag of expired chips. 

Woody is a guy who was born on third base. He parlayed that into buying an NFL franchise at a good time, and that asset has appreciated (allegedly) tenfold.  This despite the team being absolutely terrible for 10+ years.  He's not going anywhere.  Why would he?

I don't think he's a bad guy like Dan Snyder is (though I won't get into certain predilections of his that are banned subject matter on this site) ... but nonetheless, he is one of the worst owners in professional sports and we are stuck with him.

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

If the Jets have any good young players, Jets fans get pretty upset about it and find very strange ways to trash them on here and on social media.  I know it sounds strange, but you get used to it.  

True. If the Jets had drafted Burrow or Herbet, they would be floating trade scenarios  so we wouldn't  have to pay them on a new contract. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Why would Woody sell the Jets? It’s easy money. 

I think it is more of could he even if he wanted to vs a family trust type arrangement.  I have no illusions of them selling as no one does until they die or say the wrong thing and are forced.  Just preparing my children for future years of this life.

@OMA Where in Iowa are you from.  I live in Illinois, but I have a place in Waukee, just outside of Des Moines (or at least I will in 4 days when my lease takes effect).  I will probably be spending a lot of football season in Iowa this year.

As to your question about ownership, I tihnk we have owners who genuinely want to win.  The problem is that they have generally not known how to go about it.  These last 10 years have been a string of bad ownership decisions one after the other.  Firing Tanny and keeping Rex limited our GM options which left us with Idzik.  Then when Idzik and Rex were fired together, we relied too much on Charley Casserly who recommended his guy from Houston in Maccagnan who never seemed to understand that scouting indiviudal players as a scout is different than building a roster as a GM.  Then we repeated the mistake with half measures again when Chris fired Macc, but kept Gase.

Then I thought they finally got it right with Douglas and Saleh, but now I am seriously questioning the Saleh hire.  He just seems to be in over his head.  Nothing about this team appears to be well coached.  I thihk this roster has more young talent than we have had for a while, but they are poorly coached and not put in postiions to be successful.  

I think it has been a lot of bad decisions and a bit of bad luck that has the team in this 10+ year spiral.  

6 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

2 hours ago, Lith said:

@OMA Where in Iowa are you from.  I live in Illinois, but I have a place in Waukee, just outside of Des Moines (or at least I will in 4 days when my lease takes effect).  I will probably be spending a lot of football season in Iowa this year.

As to your question about ownership, I tihnk we have owners who genuinely want to win.  The problem is that they have generally not known how to go about it.  These last 10 years have been a string of bad ownership decisions one after the other.  Firing Tanny and keeping Rex limited our GM options which left us with Idzik.  Then when Idzik and Rex were fired together, we relied too much on Charley Casserly who recommended his guy from Houston in Maccagnan who never seemed to understand that scouting indiviudal players as a scout is different than building a roster as a GM.  Then we repeated the mistake with half measures again when Chris fired Macc, but kept Gase.

Then I thought they finally got it right with Douglas and Saleh, but now I am seriously questioning the Saleh hire.  He just seems to be in over his head.  Nothing about this team appears to be well coached.  I thihk this roster has more young talent than we have had for a while, but they are poorly coached and not put in postiions to be successful.  

I think it has been a lot of bad decisions and a bit of bad luck that has the team in this 10+ year spiral.  

I am splitting time between KC where I live and Quad Cities (where wife and my parents are).  Had some family health issues up there so been in Iowa more than Kansas since COVID.  Originally from Davenport then U of Iowa then broke free of the corn for some years in Dallas before returning to midwest.

Became a Jets fan due to my mother not being able to find anybody better than my father who was/is a huge Namath/Alabama fan.  She's stuck by him for 40 years in marriage so least I can do to stick with our beloved gang green.