Jets have setup Zach to fail

ganggreen305

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think the OL is as bad as you ate projecting here but it is far from fixed. That said, it is time for these coaches to earn their money. They should know what to expect from thr Pitt D. There is now 3 weeks of film to look at. They should be able to devise some plays based on tendencies at this point. I know it is asking a lot of them to actually game plan specifically  for a team instead of just going the normal route of randomness  thos O seems to play with but this needs to be done. 

That left tackle situation is pretty bad, outside of that it's pretty good on the right side.

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

A good NFL QB can still make plays despite pressure.  And can still execute a game plan despite pressure.  I am not asking him to be perfect. I just would like to see our offensive coaching staff build a game plan for the situation and have him execute it competently.  He does not need to look like Brady or Mahomes.  But if he looks like Luke Falk against Philly that would be unacceptable.

100%.  If pressure gets to him he’ll struggle.  Doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be able to make plays.  I’m on the same page here.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

I expect they will call pass plays that will have the ball coming out fast. They are not going to want him to do too much thinking. Could be a huge game for the slot receivers. Could see a record set for batted balls at the line. 

if the steelers plan on blitzing a ton, i hope we do a lot of screens.   with our RBs we should be very good at them.   i'd like to see this 3-4 times a game.

• Upvote 2

I don’t agree.  Look the issue with the left side of the oline completely sucks no matter who our QB is BUT it is what it is.  We added a ton of weapons for Zach.  I have confidence in the kid BUT it’s sink or swim time.  I have no idea if he is the guy or not.  We will find out this year 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Didn’t say Brady didn’t win some games, said they don’t perform as well.  Pulling out wins when struggling isn’t saying you can’t win.  Just the chances are lowered.  Are you seriously claiming QBs don’t struggle more under duress?  
Is it making excuses? 
Sorry, it’s football 101, get to the QB increases your chances of winning 

At this point in Zach's career, yeah, it's absolutely making excuses. And it's no surprise that the excuse grinding has already begun before Zach takes a snap.  He needs to deal with a defective oline like every good NFL QB has to. Why do we Jets fans act like this problem is unique to the Jets?  It's not and other QBs fare well.  This is on Zach.  No excuses.  

It’s not excuses but it is a fact,  QBs being hit and harassed don’t perform as well as with protection.  Brady struggled  in games he was harassed and Mahomes did in the SB when his protection broke down.  
Its why we scream for our DL to sack and harass a QB.  
it’s not an excuse, you can still play or win even

QBs have a major part to play in how many hits they take.  Getting the ball out quickly is one.  I've also been told Zach Wilson has elite "escapability", so that's another.  

It's why Sacks are considered a QB stat.  The good ones tend to take fewer.  

• Upvote 1

Yet Brady, the all time GOAT and Mahomes the current GOAT couldn’t prevail.  It’s not an excuse, QBs struggle with pressure, it affects their games.   Thats a fact.  That’s why teams try to get pressure and why it’s not an excuse, it’s something QBs have to deal with.  Just if he’s constantly being hit it’s going to affect anyone’s game but it’s part of the game.  

Mahomes still won an AFC Title with his sh*t OL.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I was under the impression they had OL issues all postseason, but you're probably right.  

They may have  - I do remember pundits making a big deal out of their OL injuries headed into the SB and a lot of sharps I knew in my previous life liked TB in the game

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Yes, clearly, the excuse train gif was just straight up you trying to have good football dialogue, clearly

I’ve posted tons and tons of statistics and analyses thereof, guess what those posts also result in: being called a troll.

The charge is content not behavior based. No other logical conclusion can be drawn.

• Upvote 1

Joe Douglas is hard at work procuring 5 HOF offensive linemen in their primes who never get injured and a HOF FB and blocking TE

Then, when Zach gets back to 110%, it will be safe to put him out on the field 

This is also the point at which Saleh’s receipts will be cashed / thrown in faces 

• Haha 2