Jets have setup Zach to fail

ganggreen305

14 hours ago, doitny said:

Flacco struggles under immense pressure due to a bad OL

Zach Fans: Flacco sucks. Zach would be better.

Zach struggles under immense pressure due to a bad OL

Zach Fans: its not his fault. how can any QB do anything under these conditions.

Flacco loses games cause of drop passes, fumbles and stupid penalties.. 

Zach Fans... Flacco sucks its all his fault. 

same happens to Zach

Zach Fans: its not Zachs fault. its everybody else's.

Flacco gets stripped sacked

ZF: Flacco sucks . why didnt his clock tell him to move

same thing happens to Zach.

ZF: its the LT fault. 

im taking receipts. 

Why are you putting words in people's mouths?

Flacco did suck outside of 2 minutes. He left points on the board on Sunday. Missed a ton of open receivers. 

Hopefully Zach will play and see if he made the natural progression from his 1st year.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You’re reading what you want to read if you think my claim that under pressure QBs don’t play as well as they do in a clean pocket is me making excuses.  It’s a given, not just for Zach or even the Jets.  It’s why the Jets and others will sell their souls for a pass rush.

Good QBs manage OL deficiencies in the NFL. Bad QBs don't. We'll see what we got, because the OL is certainly deficient.  To be elite, the QB has to deal with it and ultimately overcome it as good QBs in the NFL do.  To be a good game manager, the QB has to manage it without turning over the ball.  Anything less than that on a consistent basis, then JD wasted the #2 pick.

• Upvote 3

Even with the issues at LT, Zach Wilson has a better supporting cast than Trevor Lawrence.

If Zach has it, we will see it. No excuses. The expectation that he play well is warranted. Nobody should be lowering the bar.

The defense should be playing better as well. The poor play is on the coaches.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Good QBs manage OL deficiencies in the NFL. Bad QBs don't. We'll see what we got, because the OL is certainly deficient.  To be elite, the QB has to deal with it and ultimately overcome it as good QBs in the NFL do.  To be a good game manager, the QB has to manage it without turning over the ball.  Anything less than that on a consistent basis, then JD wasted the #2 pick.

And once again we’ve seen Rogers, Mahomes and Brady struggle when harassed, there was a distinct drop off to their games.  
Herbert and  Allen were under duress Sunday and struggled with the pressure. Get to the QB and there’s a drop off

That’s all I said.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And once again we’ve seen Rogers, Mahomes and Brady struggle when harassed, there was a distinct drop off to their games.  
Herbert and  Allen were under duress Sunday and struggled with the pressure. Get to the QB and there’s a drop off

That’s all I said.  

Weve also seen them absolutely light teams up with good pass rushes.   

16 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Top 10 WR, top 35 WR, 1st round guard, top 35 RB, big money on former #5 overall pick WR, TE's and G, lost a LT and immediately possibly upgraded the position, resigned his best friend/slot WR, coming back to the same system, hired his own QB coach onto the staff.

It's almost like they have intentionally sabotaged Zach Wilson when you think about it.

Robert Saleh coaching staff.  

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That’s all I said.  

Then what you said has zero relevance to the OP who is not talking about a normal "drop-off".  He claims the Jets have set Zach up to fail.  That's complete bullshhhhhht.  It is a fact that good to elite NFL QBs manage to succeed even with damaged o-lines.  It's the crappy QBs that can't.  Therefore, bad 2022 OL will not be a legit excuse for Zach Wilson sucking (if he does).  We have guys already excusing crappy QB play in advance of the kid actually starting.  I don't understand how you can't see how ridiculous this thread is and how fans are setting up their auto-excuse already.  

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Biggs said:

Weve also seen them absolutely light teams up with good pass rushes.   

Hardly.   Brady’s worst games by QBR was against the Rex D.  His 2 SBs losses to the Giants.  The playoff loss to the Jets.  

Dont remember Mahomes lighting up anyone who harassed him.   Definitely not in the playoffs.

Regardless, is this another response disputing that putting a QB on his ass doesn’t lead to success?  I’m not getting the willingness to argue what’s unarguable 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

Then what you said has zero relevance to the OP who is not talking about a normal "drop-off".  He claims the Jets have set Zach up to fail.  That's complete bullshhhhhht.  It is a fact that good to elite NFL QBs manage to succeed even with damaged o-lines.  It's the crappy QBs that can't.  Therefore, bad 2022 OL will not be a legit excuse for Zach Wilson sucking (if he does).  We have guys already excusing crappy QB play in advance of the kid actually starting.  I don't understand how you can't see how ridiculous this thread is and how fans are setting up their auto-excuse already.  

No, fit the tone of the thread perfectly. 
And to your claim that pressure on ZW is an excuse being made beforehand.  All I said is it’s a fact, QB performance goes down under duress.  
Somehow this has some actually claiming it’s not true.  

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hardly.   Brady’s worst games by QBR was against the Rex D.  His 2 SBs losses to the Giants.  The playoff loss to the Jets.  

Dont remember Mahomes lighting up anyone who harassed him.   Definitely not in the playoffs.

Regardless, is this another response disputing that putting a QB on his ass doesn’t lead to success?  I’m not getting the willingness to argue what’s unarguable 

He had a 4 TD performance in the 2013 SB against Seattle with the No. 1 pass defense in the NFL and a great pass rush.   He picked them apart in the SB.  Obviously Borrow beat down the Titans who put him on his ass numerous times in their playoff game.

There are ways to beat a great pass rush.  The Jets D that frustrated Brady wasn't based on pass rush it was based on coverage sacks.  

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He had a 4 TD performance in the 2013 SB against Seattle with the No. 1 pass defense in the NFL and a great pass rush.   He picked them apart in the SB.  Obviously Borrow beat down the Titans who put him on his ass numerous times in their playoff game.

There are ways to beat a great pass rush.  The Jets D that frustrated Brady wasn't based on pass rush it was based on coverage sacks.  

That’s good.  Repeat it again, A good defense against a Qb isn’t a pass rush.

Seattle had one sack In that SB.  You enjoy the argument, I’m done.  

6 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Top 10 WR, top 35 WR, 1st round guard, top 35 RB, big money on former #5 overall pick WR, TE's and G, lost a LT and immediately possibly upgraded the position, resigned his best friend/slot WR, coming back to the same system, hired his own QB coach onto the staff.

It's almost like they have intentionally sabotaged Zach Wilson when you think about it.

Yah but they didn't have five Orlando Pace's on the roster so they failed

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Jets could set up Zach Wilson for success by trading him to an XFL team

This kind of thing was attempted with Christian Hackenberg and it didn't go so well.  One of my favorite sports-related headlines of all-time:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/11/christian-hackenberg-former-jets-qb-aaf-debut

Former Jets QB Christian Hackenberg Fizzles in Profanity-Laden AAF Debut

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, JiFapono said:

mad catherine ohara GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This kind of thing was attempted with Christian Hackenberg and it didn't go so well.  One of my favorite sports-related headlines of all-time:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/11/christian-hackenberg-former-jets-qb-aaf-debut

Former Jets QB Christian Hackenberg Fizzles in Profanity-Laden AAF Debut

Funny, I remember this actually

Not the profanity-laden part but the fizzling 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Claymation said:

Why are you putting words in people's mouths?

Flacco did suck outside of 2 minutes. He left points on the board on Sunday. Missed a ton of open receivers. 

Hopefully Zach will play and see if he made the natural progression from his 1st year.

just trying to be fair. nobody wants to hear these losses were anybody's fault but Flacco. but this team shot themselves in the foot for 3 weeks. i wanna see when the DE blows pass McDermott and sacks Zach this board say it wasnt Zachs fault but for Flacco he should have known and moved. 

i know you all like Zach and hate Flacco but lets not be Hippocrates. if you killed Flacco for it i want to see you kill Zach for the same.

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I do feel like it would be foolish to run Zach out there if McDermott is the OLT. Zach holds the ball and he’s skittish to begin with. The whole operation would be a mess. Just give him the extra week and pray Duane Brown feels like playing in Week Five. In the meantime, Saleh should really let Mike White play against the Steelers. White plays up in the pocket, has no fear of getting hit and, when he’s on, gets the ball out super quick. 

You don't need me to point this out, but these are also excellent arguments for starting White the last three weeks. There really is no reason for Flacco to be on the roster. I swear this ******* team

• Upvote 4

Nearly every team in the NFL has OL issues/injuries. Zach has good WRs, good RBs, and solid TEs, plus it's his second year in this system. Gameplan to adjust for the OL issues. Run the ball more, get the ball out quickly. Put your guys in position to succeed. 

The clock starts now for Saleh, Wilson, and this regime sans JD. If this weekend's game vs a hapless Steelers team isn't competitve (at worst) then it'll be hard to look for positives going forward.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

You don't need me to point this out, but these are also excellent arguments for starting White the last three weeks. There really is no reason for Flacco to be on the roster. I swear this ******* team

I will go to my grave believing that the Mike White Bengals game and the ensuing Linsanity-like reception from the team and its fans freaked the living sh*t out of Zach Wilson and his affiliated parties. They’d much rather put Flacco out there to deliver his nice, consistent C- performances than risk having White put up another good game (or, God forbid, games) and have to deal with the fallout. Zach fans can say what they want, but he does appear to be a highly sensitive, very young dude. It’s not hard to see how White’s success would unsettle him.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, doitny said:

just trying to be fair. nobody wants to hear these losses were anybody's fault but Flacco. but this team shot themselves in the foot for 3 weeks. i wanna see when the DE blows pass McDermott and sacks Zach this board say it wasnt Zachs fault but for Flacco he should have known and moved. 

i know you all like Zach and hate Flacco but lets not be Hippocrates. if you killed Flacco for it i want to see you kill Zach for the same.

I don't care about Zach either way, I will root for him because I root for the laundry. Like I did for Flacco and Mike White, even though they are nothing more than backups. I get the impression you would rather be right than root for your team. Which is fine. No shame in that. 

I don't care if I am right or wrong. I like what Joe Douglas has done. I am losing patience with Robert Saleh, they saw what coverages Burrow struggled with his 1st 2 games and didn't incorporate them into their game plan. The DL rotation is just stupid. They averaged 50 pass attempts in the 1st 3 games, Like WTF. Plus his clock management is not good.

On 9/28/2022 at 10:05 AM, Dcat said:

He did.