(Rumor) Jets Steal T Cedeic Ogbuehi From Texans

jetsrule128

30 minutes ago, C Mart said:

The thing I didn't understand previously was that it seemed like the Jets could've brought Jesse Luketa to their active roster just as easily.  So what made it "the Cardinals PS"?  But apparently teams do have control over a handful of players so there is a distinction there.  However, I still don't understand what the point is of a player being on a PS if a team doesn't have any control over them (apparently teams can only control a limited # of players on their PS.  So I'm referring to those that are not controlled).  To me, they seem like UFAs.

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The thing I didn't understand previously was that it seemed like the Jets could've brought Jesse Luketa to their active roster just as easily.  So what made it "the Cardinals PS"?  But apparently teams do have control over a handful of players so there is a distinction there.  However, I still don't understand what the point is of a player being on a PS if a team doesn't have any control over them (apparently teams can only control a limited # of players on their PS.  So I'm referring to those that are not controlled).  To me, they seem like UFAs.

They basically are. Sorry for my long winded replies..

From a player standpoint they get paid, usually $10-15k a week. So it's better than sitting on his couch all week making $0

From a team standpoint they use the PS for a number of reasons:

Obviously for development. 

Depth for that week's practice. This week is a good example for the Jets. They need OTs just to practice hence the Remmers signing.

Teams also may sign a guy to the PS just to mirror a type of player from that week's opponent.  Maybe that weeks opponent uses a big, bruising RB.  So they'll sign a similar type of player off the street just to have their D practice against him all week. They then can cut that guy the following week.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's not about blame, it's about responsibility.

The O-line today is worse than it was when JD got here.

He IS responsible for that.  

I always find it amazing when units or teams are horrible, and some fans seem to think no one bears any responsibility for it.

i think he does take responsibility.  he has been trying to funnel better players onto the oline but i don't see how he can take much blame for becton or cam clark or now brown and fant.  and this ignores that he also drafted avt and maxwell and, while some think he's bad, mcgovern.  these players, when healthy are much better than the group that was here a few seasons back but they have to play together to get really good and most of that is on the coaching staff.  apparently they do have a top flight oline coach. it's just going to take time.

22 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i think he does take responsibility.  he has been trying to funnel better players onto the oline but i don't see how he can take much blame for becton or cam clark or now brown and fant.

That's not the full list of crappy/injury prone/broke down O-line JD has signed so far.  

And yes, he is responsible for these, he is the GM making the calls, with that comes responsibility.

and this ignores that he also drafted avt and maxwell and,

JD should be given credit for a guy playing his fourth game?

How did Becton look in his fourth game.  Might be a little early to start blowing each other (to quote a movie) over Maxwell just yet.

And AVT was a first rounder we traded several picks to get.  He is expected to be good.  

while some think he's bad, mcgovern.

/shrug

it's just going to take time.

It's been several years so far.  

How much time we talking about?

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That's not the full list of crappy/injury prone/broke down O-line JD has signed so far.  

And yes, he is responsible for these, he is the GM making the calls, with that comes responsibility.

JD should be given credit for a guy playing his fourth game?

How did Becton look in his fourth game.  Might be a little early to start blowing each other (to quote a movie) over Maxwell just yet.

And AVT was a first rounder we traded several picks to get.  He is expected to be good.  

/shrug

It's been several years so far.  

How much time we talking about?

there has been so much flux on the oline it's going to take maybe 4-6 games this season.  last season they started to come around in the second half.  same thing the season before with van roten at guard.  these guys have to play as a unit.  as for maxwell, okay he's played 3 games but there have been quite a few players drafted in the latter rounds that make an early impact.  yes avt was expected to be good right out of the box.