The Jets Need A Bill Parcells Level Change

neckdemon

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It's called Sean Payton.  But sadly, he'd never work for this organization unless he got paid what Woody would never pay.

I think it’s more about having control over personnel decisions.  It still would take a lot of money to get him but there is young talent on the team and if ZW takes a step forward I think it will be more enticing for Payton but he would require having more control 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

the team is in desperate need of a complete culture and ideology overhaul. it's been too long and the team has been a laughing stock for far too long. idk if the solution is to throw eveything and the kitchen sink at sean payton to get him here, but something of that type of magnitude needs to occur. we have just been mired in ineptitude for far longer than should ever be acceptable. unfortunately we may be stuck as long as that clown woody johnson is the owner

Of course we do but those types of coaches are rarely available and, when they are, they don't want to come here.  BP took on the challenge but left after 3 years saying he'd never coach again (only to return with Dallas).  BB ran out of town the day after he was hired.  Heck, even Al Groh couldn't wait to use us for a season and then leave for Virginia. 

I think the BB thing was related to the Johnson family.  Since then, we've had almost all rookie HCs.   I would love to bring in Sean Payton but, like others have said, he'll probably choose Dallas over us.  I don't know what the solution is.  I think we need to just get lucky in the draft one year and get a star QB.   We passed on Marino.  We missed Favre by 1 pick.  We passed up Rodgers.  I think we wanted Russell Wilson ("pounding the table") but missed him.   Supposedly we had a scout that wanted Tom Brady.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I think it’s more about having control over personnel decisions.  It still would take a lot of money to get him but there is young talent on the team and if ZW takes a step forward I think it will be more enticing for Payton but he would require having more control 

More than likely wouldn't any breakout campaign from Wilson save Saleh's job?

Anyway, this game is massive for the entire organization - we get molly whopped by a depleted Steelers team then JD better start scouting quarterbacks and next HC's. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

the team is in desperate need of a complete culture and ideology overhaul. it's been too long and the team has been a laughing stock for far too long. idk if the solution is to throw eveything and the kitchen sink at sean payton to get him here, but something of that type of magnitude needs to occur. we have just been mired in ineptitude for far longer than should ever be acceptable. unfortunately we may be stuck as long as that clown woody johnson is the owner

not sure if youi noticed Joe D in charge bringing building the roster correctly fixing among other things, the front office structure and scouting...nothing Joe has done has been inept. some people can just never be happy SOJF

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

More than likely wouldn't any breakout campaign from Wilson save Saleh's job?

Anyway, this game is massive for the entire organization - we get molly whopped by a depleted Steelers team then JD better start scouting quarterbacks and next HC's. 

Probably unless the defense continues to be so bad 

OP is correct, this is what we need. Many others in the thread are also correct, there's little chance any guys who fit the bill are coming here. The only reason we got Parcells was because he needed a platform to stick it to Robert Kraft within the AFC-E.

The highest paid HC is estimated (many not public) to be McVay around $15M/year. Payton will 100% break the record and be $20M+.

Woody's only shot is to fire Saleh mid-season and get an early jump on Payton before anyone else and offer him some obscene amount like $30M for 5 years fully guaranteed. And give him whatever control he wants.

Couldn’t agree more.

We need someone who has won before because we’re spinning our tires with these roomie HCs (Groh, Herm, Mangini, Rex, Bowles) or rehires that never won a playoff game (Gase).

Blank check for Sean Payton, have him be the VP of Football Ops and decide on the GM.

Or you do what needs to get done and give up picks like Hess did for Tuna or Kraft did for BB.

Whichever way…to get what we need, its gonna cost.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Couldn’t agree more.

We need someone who has won before because we’re spinning our tires with these roomie HCs (Groh, Herm, Mangini, Rex, Bowles) or rehires that never won a playoff game (Gase).

Blank check for Sean Payton, have him be the VP of Football Ops and decide on the GM.

Or you do what needs to get done and give up picks like Hess did for Tuna or Kraft did for BB.

Whichever way…to get what we need, its gonna cost.

Woody is still in profit mode. Why does he care? With NFL rev share, a cheap loser is more profitable than an expensive winner with a lot less financial risk.

The only way it'll change is will a new, much richer, owner who wants wins more than more money or when Woody starts to face his own mortality like Hess did and says, "**** it time to go all in."

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, sciond said:

That type will not work for Johnson

This. Anybody that’s good will run from this job. That’s why we always hire rookie head coaches with no xp. 

the last one we hired with head coaching xp turned the whole organization around.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

not sure if youi noticed Joe D in charge bringing building the roster correctly fixing among other things, the front office structure and scouting...nothing Joe has done has been inept. some people can just never be happy SOJF

3 years, 7 wins. 

Something, something, lying eyes. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

some people can just never be happy SOJF

12 hours ago, jgb said:

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Give the fans a reason to be happy (IE some wins) and we'll be happy.  

No playoff appearances in 12 years (and no reasonable hope of reaching the playoffs in 2022) takes its toll.

Meanwhile were you here in Week 2?  Fans here celebrated the first September win in years like it was our own personal SB.  Fans are happy when we win.  Period.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Give the fans a reason to be happy (IE some wins) and we'll be happy.  

No playoff appearances in 12 years (and no reasonable hope of reaching the playoffs in 2022) takes its toll.

Meanwhile were you here in Week 2?  Fans here celebrated the first September win in years like it was our own personal SB.  Fans are happy when we win.  Period.

Yep, and if we somehow beat Pitt, people will be ecstatic and talking about how 2-2 through the first four games is a success that few predicted. Gotta win games. 

There’s winning and there’s misery. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Just something to dream about...

Sign Lamar Jackson in the offseason and poach Jim Harbaugh from the Ravens. We can send them Zach Wilson and 10 draft picks for all I care.

Big balls move

How about Zach for Aaron Rodgers.  And we also poach Sean Payton.

19 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Just something to dream about...

Sign Lamar Jackson in the offseason and poach Jim Harbaugh from the Ravens. We can send them Zach Wilson and 10 draft picks for all I care.

Big balls move

I guess they are hesitant to pay Lamar what he wants, but why would the Ravens let John Harbaugh go? 

11 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

nah, Rodgers is too old and too much of a diva. It would be a Favre like move

For 11 games Favre gave us the best QB play this franchise has seen, arguably, since Namath.  Even '02 Pennington, '98 Testaverde and 2015 Fitzpatrick weren't as good as Favre was in that stretch.  

Beggars can't be choosers.  If Rodgers is an option....

smokey robinson james GIF

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

nah, Rodgers is too old and too much of a diva. It would be a Favre like move

Maybe but I think Favre was far more beaten up when we acquired him.  I think Rodgers probably has another 5 years left if he wants to play that long.  I do think he wants to win a 2nd title.

• Upvote 1