Jump to content

It’s not just us…


Integrity28
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Despite our one miracle win we have the worst points differential in the league. Would be by far the worst if Chubb goes down at the one.

We were the second worst in the same category last year and the worst the year before that.

For a lot of the other team’s it’s an outlier. For us it’s just more of the same. Our coaches seem stubborn and our linebackers and safeties are as bad as it gets. It’s bad.

 

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

All those things are true, but they don't make me feel any better about the Jets right now.

I'm watching Miami and thinking to myself that it's not impossible to jumpstart a mediocre team with the right mix of coaches and key players.

Not abandoning ship yet, but if a QB change back to Zach and cleaning up the "miscommunications" on defense doesn't result in a noticeable improvement over the next 3-4 weeks then I'll likely join the chorus calling for a major change.

All good points, and I’m not trying to make anyone feel better about the Jets … more like pointing out we aren’t the only ones that feel miserable … and this league is mostly crap and absurd.

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It just feels like it, because if our history. If you look around the league there are a LOT of teams that are out-if-whack and struggling. 

All if these teams were considered playoff caliber:

Chargers are being careless with their stud QB + the defense they spent big on sucks.

Denver can’t get anything out if Russ, because they hired a Hackett. Only getting wins because of the opponents being even sloppier.

Green Bay has one player.

Bowles is going to be the first coach to fail with Brady.

Raiders are a calamity.

Colts forgot their identity.

Steelers look like they’ll give Tomlin his first losing season.

Arizona looks like a bust.

SF lost their QB, RB and LT.

So, I’m right with all of you in terms of “those teams can fix it, we can’t”. I don’t disagree. However, if Zach can ball, we can stabilize the OL (I don’t expect excellence, just more than a dumpster fire), and the coaches can adapt and stop doing their paint-by-number scheming… we might be a beneficiary of natural attrition and competitive turnover.

That why I always kind of laugh at people freaking over strength of schedule or whatever during the offseason, you never know in the NFL.  I think you're right though, for us, this feels all too familiar and lets be real, if Chubb just took a knee, the Jets are largely uncompetitive so far.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

All those things are true, but they don't make me feel any better about the Jets right now.

I'm watching Miami and thinking to myself that it's not impossible to jumpstart a mediocre team with the right mix of coaches and key players.

Not abandoning ship yet, but if a QB change back to Zach and cleaning up the "miscommunications" on defense doesn't result in a noticeable improvement over the next 3-4 weeks then I'll likely join the chorus calling for a major change.

We will be waiting 

Fire Plotting GIF by Studio Redfrog

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It just feels like it, because if our history. If you look around the league there are a LOT of teams that are out-if-whack and struggling. 

All if these teams were considered playoff caliber:

Chargers are being careless with their stud QB + the defense they spent big on sucks.

Denver can’t get anything out if Russ, because they hired a Hackett. Only getting wins because of the opponents being even sloppier.

Green Bay has one player.

Bowles is going to be the first coach to fail with Brady.

Raiders are a calamity.

Colts forgot their identity.

Steelers look like they’ll give Tomlin his first losing season.

Arizona looks like a bust.

SF lost their QB, RB and LT.

So, I’m right with all of you in terms of “those teams can fix it, we can’t”. I don’t disagree. However, if Zach can ball, we can stabilize the OL (I don’t expect excellence, just more than a dumpster fire), and the coaches can adapt and stop doing their paint-by-number scheming… we might be a beneficiary of natural attrition and competitive turnover.

Please….. all of them have had playoff appearances after 2011.  They are in a rebuild, we are in a 10 year catastrophe of 4 HC’s, 4 GMs, an owner in England, a Fredo brother, what did I miss?????

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, but we're definitely the only team that has been miserable for the last 7 consecutive seasons.  

How exactly does that impact what happens going forward this season?  Or personnel decisions?  Each season is it's own story.  What happened 7 years ago has no bearing on what to do going forward.  Do Saleh and Douglas get fired because the team hasn't won in a decade?  I'm not following this reasoning except you and others screaming how you want to win now or that you just want to watch competitive football now with no regard for 2023 or forward.  I get the impression some of the posters on this board would take a 9 win season even if it meant 3-4 years of 4 win football after that.

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

NFL is crazy. The Chiefs looked unstoppable even w/o Tyreek. While the Colts are TERRIBLE...even getting SHUTOUT by the Jags. Then the NFL happened...and the lowly Colts CLOBERED Mahomes and the Chiefs. 

Can't make this sh*t up. Like last year MW tossing 405 against the Bengals, or Flacco tossing 2 TD in 1:55 with no TOs.

I really don't think teams (players) are that far apart. Seems to be the quality of the organization goes a long way. Quality of the coaching staff goes a long way. Jets need to become stable with a good Front Office and decent Coaching staff. We have the players to compete with anyone.

Well we got the players speak of because of JD, so let’s not discard him so quickly. Saleh needs to get better in many ways or it’s going to be over for him and be over real fast.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The difference is those franchises don’t completely suck every freaking year 

The Jets have been a laughingstock forever

Last respectable semi-competitiveseason was ‘15

Hey every year at least one other franchise is also a dumpster fire WTF are you complaining about. Send Woody your money and STFU.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

NFL is crazy. The Chiefs looked unstoppable even w/o Tyreek. While the Colts are TERRIBLE...even getting SHUTOUT by the Jags. Then the NFL happened...and the lowly Colts CLOBERED Mahomes and the Chiefs. 

Can't make this sh*t up. Like last year MW tossing 405 against the Bengals, or Flacco tossing 2 TD in 1:55 with no TOs.

I really don't think teams (players) are that far apart. Seems to be the quality of the organization goes a long way. Quality of the coaching staff goes a long way. Jets need to become stable with a good Front Office and decent Coaching staff. We have the players to compete with anyone.

If you shrink the sample size down to 1 week tons of anomalous things can happen 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, but we're definitely the only team that has been miserable for the last 7 consecutive seasons.  

 

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah was about to say the company changes year to year while we are the only constant 

Do you guys really think I don’t know this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It's apparent that there are things at play that go beyond Joe Dougas and Saleh in terms of why the Jets have been bad for this long. The owner literally abandoned the team for 4 years and we had humps here defending it.

I mean, this is the heart of the matter. Windy Johnson was being goaded into errands by Kraft and Trump, while they pointed and laughed at him.

Regardless of the political angle. It’s just absurd that he’s such a sh*tty guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

 

Do you guys really think I don’t know this?

Oh I’m sorry must’ve missed the memo that you can only comment after you confirm the OP doesn’t already know the things you wish to write.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am aware the NFL is a week to week league, and if the jets come back next week - Wilson looks good, team is competitive, maybe even they win and go 2-2, it’s a whole new song we are singing around here, so I will try to be rational. I think the major issue I’ve had so far with this season is just how ugly every game has been. Like the bar was not very high this year and they are below that. They were non competitive in 2/3 games and the win that they had was much more of a browns loss. That is where my frustration has been personally. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I mean, this is the heart of the matter. Windy Johnson was being goaded into errands by Kraft and Trump, while they pointed and laughed at him.

Regardless of the political angle. It’s just absurd that he’s such a sh*tty guy.

In Woody's defense, he's never had a superbowl ring stolen by Vladimir Putin.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

I am aware the NFL is a week to week league, and if the jets come back next week - Wilson looks good, team is competitive, maybe even they win and go 2-2, it’s a whole new song we are singing around here, so I will try to be rational. I think the major issue I’ve had so far with this season is just how ugly every game has been. Like the bar was not very high this year and they are below that. They were non competitive in 2/3 games and the win that they had was much more of a browns loss. That is where my frustration has been personally. 

If Titanic sailed in July she wouldn’t have sunk 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, this is the heart of the matter. Windy Johnson was being goaded into errands by Kraft and Trump, while they pointed and laughed at him.

Regardless of the political angle. It’s just absurd that he’s such a sh*tty guy.

If Woody had left and he had someone like Ozzie Newsome come in ala Stick Michael then fine. Instead we got his brother who no one knew existed. It's worse than anyone probably realizes at the very top.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Matt39 said:

If Woody had left and he had someone like Ozzie Newsome come in ala Stick Michael then fine. Instead we got his brother who no one knew existed. It's worse than anyone probably realizes at the very top.

Woody picked the only guy to ensure Jets fans would be happy upon his return

Think About It GIF by Identity

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And as a point of reference, Khan in Jacksonville seems like a goof, but at least he's trying. He saw Urban was a total disaster 10 games in or whatever it was and made a change. He also seemed to make sure Lawrence made it to him.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...