Jump to content

It’s not just us…


Integrity28
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Despite our one miracle win we have the worst points differential in the league. Would be by far the worst if Chubb goes down at the one.

We were the second worst in the same category last year and the worst the year before that.

For a lot of the other team’s it’s an outlier. For us it’s just more of the same. Our coaches seem stubborn and our linebackers and safeties are as bad as it gets. It’s bad.

What’s interesting is that we are 1-2 despite going 0-3 in being competitive in games.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

These people were celebrating his success with Brady before a single game was played. If he does fail ..

 

wolf of wall street omg GIF

When you ride the carousel of excuses and everyone’s failure is the blame of someone else…

fail merry go round GIF

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Jets failed to develop Bowles. No coach could’ve succeeded in this environment 😉 

 

The interesting point is that the Jets have demonstrated almost no ability whatsoever to provide the right environment, support and players to help a potentially talented first-time HC succeed and grow.  The Jets have given a LOT of first time HC's a shot... Pete Carroll, Herm, Mangini, Rex, Bowles, Saleh, etc.  Only Carroll turned into a good HC but he had to do it at another team and the jury is out on Bowles.

Maybe the "hired gun" approach (ex. a Parcells type) might be the only thing that can work around here.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

every year the NFL is 31 losers and 1 winner

there's about 10 teams with a somewhat realistic chance to win it all 

The Jets aren't even close to that group. 

the shock is that Jets fans spend time convincing ourselves we could be that 10 or even that 1 

it doesn't happen by accident or because "we're due" 

the way to success is to build a strong program and not only does it require time it also requires full buy in at the ownership level 

the ownership kinda cares but not that much. And why should they, when winning and losing pay the same? 

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jetstream23 said:

 

The interesting point is that the Jets have demonstrated almost no ability whatsoever to provide the right environment, support and players to help a potentially talented first-time HC succeed and grow.  The Jets have given a LOT of first time HC's a shot... Pete Carroll, Herm, Mangini, Rex, Bowles, Saleh, etc.  Only Carroll turned into a good HC but he had to do it at another team and the jury is out on Bowles.

Maybe the "hired gun" approach (ex. a Parcells type) might be the only thing that can work around here.

For HCs and QBs. If you can’t built it, buy it.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It just feels like it, because if our history. If you look around the league there are a LOT of teams that are out-if-whack and struggling. 

All if these teams were considered playoff caliber:

Chargers are being careless with their stud QB + the defense they spent big on sucks.

Denver can’t get anything out if Russ, because they hired a Hackett. Only getting wins because of the opponents being even sloppier.

Green Bay has one player.

 

Quote

Bowles is going to be the first coach to fail with Brady.

Quote

 

Raiders are a calamity.

Colts forgot their identity.

Steelers look like they’ll give Tomlin his first losing season.

Arizona looks like a bust.

SF lost their QB, RB and LT.

So, I’m right with all of you in terms of “those teams can fix it, we can’t”. I don’t disagree. However, if Zach can ball, we can stabilize the OL (I don’t expect excellence, just more than a dumpster fire), and the coaches can adapt and stop doing their paint-by-number scheming… we might be a beneficiary of natural attrition and competitive turnover.

I can't believe Tampa Bay hired BOWLES!!!

Doesn't BRADY know BOWLES SUCKS?!?!

BRADY beat the JETS silly when MR BOWLES was coach of the JESTERS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Despite our one miracle win we have the worst points differential in the league. Would be by far the worst if Chubb goes down at the one.

We were the second worst in the same category last year and the worst the year before that.

For a lot of the other team’s it’s an outlier. For us it’s just more of the same. Our coaches seem stubborn and our linebackers and safeties are as bad as it gets. It’s bad.

thats actually pathetic

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It just feels like it, because if our history. If you look around the league there are a LOT of teams that are out-if-whack and struggling. 

All if these teams were considered playoff caliber:

Chargers are being careless with their stud QB + the defense they spent big on sucks.

Denver can’t get anything out if Russ, because they hired a Hackett. Only getting wins because of the opponents being even sloppier.

Green Bay has one player.

Bowles is going to be the first coach to fail with Brady.

Raiders are a calamity.

Colts forgot their identity.

Steelers look like they’ll give Tomlin his first losing season.

Arizona looks like a bust.

SF lost their QB, RB and LT.

So, I’m right with all of you in terms of “those teams can fix it, we can’t”. I don’t disagree. However, if Zach can ball, we can stabilize the OL (I don’t expect excellence, just more than a dumpster fire), and the coaches can adapt and stop doing their paint-by-number scheming… we might be a beneficiary of natural attrition and competitive turnover.

So you’re predicting a 2-15 season. Sounds about right.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

How exactly does that impact what happens going forward this season?  Or personnel decisions?  Each season is it's own story.  What happened 7 years ago has no bearing on what to do going forward.  Do Saleh and Douglas get fired because the team hasn't won in a decade?  I'm not following this reasoning except you and others screaming how you want to win now or that you just want to watch competitive football now with no regard for 2023 or forward.  I get the impression some of the posters on this board would take a 9 win season even if it meant 3-4 years of 4 win football after that.

Ok I’ve said this about others and now I will say it about you!

Watch It!!!

Sound reasonable posts like this that are not reactionary and which bring us all to a sane place are deviant behavior out here.   
 

I have my eye on you!! :) 

Lets Go Jets!!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Matt39 said:

If Woody had left and he had someone like Ozzie Newsome come in ala Stick Michael then fine. Instead we got his brother who no one knew existed. It's worse than anyone probably realizes at the very top.

After all these years Woody still has no idea how little he knows and understands about football 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Todd bowles failing with Brady would be a delicious treat. 

I don't understand the hate for Bowles.  He was paired with the worst GM in NFL history and comes off as a professional, albeit one that didn't show much fire on the sidelines (can ya blame him?  Nothing he could have done would have helped much).  

I can't root for the Bucs because of Brady but I only want good things for Bowles from a career perspective.  He didn't deserve the Jets.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't understand the hate for Bowles.  He was paired with the worst GM in NFL history and comes off as a professional, albeit one that didn't show much fire on the sidelines (can ya blame him?  Nothing he could have done would have helped much).  

I can't root for the Bucs because of Brady but I only want good things for Bowles from a career perspective.  He didn't deserve the Jets.  

I don't hate Bowles but I thought he was a trash coach. He often quit on games and punted in situations where he should have been going for it if they wanted any chance of winning. Played to not lose by too much. He also was supposed to be a defensive guru and never brought any juice to the defense, kind of like the current guy. Granted, the current guy has a much better defensive roster.

The reason why it would be awesome if Bowles failed with Brady is because of the Bowles Bros who still think he's a good coach and were celebrating his victorious Brady season before a single down was played.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It just feels like it, because if our history. If you look around the league there are a LOT of teams that are out-if-whack and struggling. 

All if these teams were considered playoff caliber:

Chargers are being careless with their stud QB + the defense they spent big on sucks.

Denver can’t get anything out if Russ, because they hired a Hackett. Only getting wins because of the opponents being even sloppier.

Green Bay has one player.

Bowles is going to be the first coach to fail with Brady.

Raiders are a calamity.

Colts forgot their identity.

Steelers look like they’ll give Tomlin his first losing season.

Arizona looks like a bust.

SF lost their QB, RB and LT.

So, I’m right with all of you in terms of “those teams can fix it, we can’t”. I don’t disagree. However, if Zach can ball, we can stabilize the OL (I don’t expect excellence, just more than a dumpster fire), and the coaches can adapt and stop doing their paint-by-number scheming… we might be a beneficiary of natural attrition and competitive turnover.

Half these teams won a Super Bowl this century.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any early 80's fans in here?  Remember the days when Green Bay. Tampa Bay, Arizona(St. Louis), Seahawks, Colts, Bengals were just plain bad.  Yeah that was 40 years ago.. along the way EVERY ONE of those teams managed to get worse... get better.. get great.. and ALL went to the superbowl at some point. 40 years later and we go crazy that we made it to the AFC Championship game (a few times). Why? Why are we always just perennial losers?  I just dont get it.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, FootballLove said:

NFL is crazy. The Chiefs looked unstoppable even w/o Tyreek. While the Colts are TERRIBLE...even getting SHUTOUT by the Jags. Then the NFL happened...and the lowly Colts CLOBERED Mahomes and the Chiefs. 

 

Did you watch that game?  I would call it very far from a clobbering.

Colts scored first on a muffed punt inside the 5 yard line.

Chiefs back up kicker (former Jets kicker Amendola) missed a chip shot FG and an extra point.

Andy Reid attempted a ridiculous fake FG.

Chiefs had the Colts stopped and the game essentially won on a 3rd down sack pinning the Colts deep in their own territory late in the 4th qtr. (about 5 minutes left), only to have the refs hand the Colts a first down because of a BS taunting penalty.

Much like the Browns gave the game away to us, the Chiefs (and the refs) absolutely handed that game to the Colts on a silver platter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, elvispookie said:

Any early 80's fans in here?  Remember the days when Green Bay. Tampa Bay, Arizona(St. Louis), Seahawks, Colts, Bengals were just plain bad.  Yeah that was 40 years ago.. along the way EVERY ONE of those teams managed to get worse... get better.. get great.. and ALL went to the superbowl at some point. 40 years later and we go crazy that we made it to the AFC Championship game (a few times). Why? Why are we always just perennial losers?  I just dont get it.

Why those teams and not us?

GreenBay - HOF fame QBs Farve and Rodgers

Tampa - Elite generational defense (02) then HOF QB Brady

Arizona - fluke year got them to Superbowl otherwise they've done nothing spectacular over the last 40 years (Also HOF QB Warner)

Seahawks - Elite defense and HOF QB Russ

Colts - Great defense and HOF QB Manning

Bengals - Burrow had an elite year.  He could be one of the next great QBs but their superbowl run could also be a fluke like the Cards.

 

Sense a pattern?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It just feels like it, because if our history. If you look around the league there are a LOT of teams that are out-if-whack and struggling. 

All if these teams were considered playoff caliber:

Chargers are being careless with their stud QB + the defense they spent big on sucks.

Denver can’t get anything out if Russ, because they hired a Hackett. Only getting wins because of the opponents being even sloppier.

Green Bay has one player.

Bowles is going to be the first coach to fail with Brady.

Raiders are a calamity.

Colts forgot their identity.

Steelers look like they’ll give Tomlin his first losing season.

Arizona looks like a bust.

SF lost their QB, RB and LT.

So, I’m right with all of you in terms of “those teams can fix it, we can’t”. I don’t disagree. However, if Zach can ball, we can stabilize the OL (I don’t expect excellence, just more than a dumpster fire), and the coaches can adapt and stop doing their paint-by-number scheming… we might be a beneficiary of natural attrition and competitive turnover.

it's still very early in the season.  a lot of good observations. the doltfins being 3-0 is pretty strange.  they'll come back to earth thursday.  i can't see the steelers staying down.  nor can i see the dolts or buccaneers.  arizona been playing over their heads.  the raiders have little joshy and nothing good can come from having a hackjob as coach.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't understand the hate for Bowles.  He was paired with the worst GM in NFL history and comes off as a professional, albeit one that didn't show much fire on the sidelines (can ya blame him?  Nothing he could have done would have helped much).  

I can't root for the Bucs because of Brady but I only want good things for Bowles from a career perspective.  He didn't deserve the Jets.  

Bowles seems thoughtful enough to learn from past experiences. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Did you watch that game?  I would call it very far from a clobbering.

Colts scored first on a muffed punt inside the 5 yard line.

Chiefs back up kicker (former Jets kicker Amendola) missed a chip shot FG and an extra point.

Andy Reid attempted a ridiculous fake FG.

Chiefs had the Colts stopped and the game essentially won on a 3rd down sack pinning the Colts deep in their own territory late in the 4th qtr. (about 5 minutes left), only to have the refs hand the Colts a first down because of a BS taunting penalty.

Much like the Browns gave the game away to us, the Chiefs (and the refs) absolutely handed that game to the Colts on a silver platter.

LOL paint it any way you want, but the COLTS stomped the CHIEFS into submission. Mahomes even arguing with OC. Can't make this up! My original point was, on any Sunday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah, he learned to make his next stop be as a DC for a competent team rather than HC of a trash team like the Jets.  lol.

He also said about his Jets experience, “I learned never take a job to take a job which I think I did last time around.”

I learned this lesson, as well, when I took a job for a little more money with a little better title. Day One I knew I messed up. Won’t make that mistake again, and I bet he doesn’t, either.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jgb said:

He also said about his Jets experience, “I learned never take a job to take a job which I think I did last time around.”

I learned this lesson, as well, when I took a job for a little more money with a little better title. Day One I knew I messed up. Won’t make that mistake again, and I bet he doesn’t, either.

It's a big reason I haven't left my current company.  They've treated me well from the jump, so why fix what isn't broken?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...