Zach Wilson cleared by doctors, starting Sunday

Rhg1084

50 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Why's he gotta throw these little lines in there? Why can't we just go full steam ahead? Jesus. Makes me feel like some BS is gonna show up.

If in the next 2 days after full practices he knee swells up then that could/would prevent him from starting this weekend.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

They have kept games close and found ways to win them at the end, but their defense is ranked 31st in yardage, 29th in 3rd down conversions, 19th in red zone.  They were badly outgained by Buffalo but found a way to win.   Scored 28 in the 4th quarter to beat Baltimore.  They have been at their best both offensively and defensively in the 4th quarter and found ways to win. 

Credit to them for a good start, but I am not sure how sustainable it will be.

I think Buffalo outgained Miami by almost 300 total yards and doubled their TOP. Definitely easy to see why some people would think Miami is a little overrated or stole a game there. They are still a 9/10 win team in my eyes though, definitely not a Superbowl contender

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, JTJet said:

And collectively the Zach/Doctor conspiracy theorists...

nuclear explosion GIF

Gee, I wonder why "JetBlue" didn't step in and protect their boy?

They should have at least held him out until Duane Brown made it back, right? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

i didnt watch the presser yet but they were sure to highlight the caveat in newyorkjets.com

why does he say sh*t like this....he says he is the optimist he must have conflicts and arguments within himself

Robert Saleh: Zach Wilson to Start Sunday vs. the Steelers 'If All Goes Well'

Jets HC Robert Saleh: Second-Year QB Is “Ready to Roll”

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Thank goodness.  Big game on Sunday.  Need to be 2-2 playing that overrated Dolphin team next Sunday.

Lmfao

No this is the overrated team by many fans like yourself Joe, I’m really sorry

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

i didnt watch the presser yet but they were sure to highlight the caveat in newyorkjets.com

why does he say sh*t like this....he says he is the optimist he must have conflicts and arguments within himself

Robert Saleh: Zach Wilson to Start Sunday vs. the Steelers 'If All Goes Well'

Jets HC Robert Saleh: Second-Year QB Is “Ready to Roll”

Yes it’s baffling 

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Gee, I wonder why "JetBlue" didn't step in and protect their boy?

They should have at least held him out until Duane Brown made it back, right? 

they can only go so far before the players he needs in locker room to support him bail

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

They have kept games close and found ways to win them at the end, but their defense is ranked 31st in yardage, 29th in 3rd down conversions, 19th in red zone.  They were badly outgained by Buffalo but found a way to win.   Scored 28 in the 4th quarter to beat Baltimore.  They have been at their best both offensively and defensively in the 4th quarter and found ways to win. 

Credit to them for a good start, but I am not sure how sustainable it will be.

Fumble recovery inside the ten was huge for Miami. Didn't the Bills miss a field goal too?

It'll be interesting to see if teams are able to adjust to the way McDaniel is attacking teams with speed at receiver - threat of deep stuff is opening up YAC opportunities. Waddle and Hill are awesome - if one defense finds a way to limit those guys in a way other teams copycat that offense is going to struggle.

On a different note if McDaniel is able to continue to adjust and is just a legit HC, I'll continue to think about how many coaches the Jets hired from that SF staff without hiring McDaniel.

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Lmfao

No this is the overrated team by many fans like yourself Joe, I’m really sorry

So what are you saying.  With an upgrade at qb this week, we have no chance to beat the Turd Trubisky led, 1-2 pittsburgh Steelers?

Why even be a fan of this team if you cant go into a game like this with some hope we can win?  How miserable.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Curious why you think Miami is overrated? They look pretty explosive right now 

I think they are overrated too. By how much? Not sure. 

I don’t think the ravens are really that good. Wildcard team maybe. The bills were missing 5 starters on d when they played. The pats aren’t good at all maybe 6 wins. 

43 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Had to update us on the Brandon Echols news before mumbling under his breath about the starting Qb.

I don't think Saleh has any idea how to run a football team . I loved his positive message at first but sometimes athletes do not respond in the form of working hard if you keep pumping them up. At some point you need to get in their face and force them to impress you further Parcel's was a master at that. When a coach keeps saying you had a great week of practice and you suck balls on Sunday those same players are going to start to question what's actually being taught and begin to question the scheme they are supposed to buy into. Its hard to buy into something that's simply not working

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why even be a fan of this team if you cant go into a game like this with some hope we can win?  How miserable.

You act like we have a choice in the matter.  We don't.  We're locked in and going nowhere.  Regardless of how miserable we are.  Deal with it.  

50 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

[smiling, yet with eyes a thousand years old, eyes that have looked so far into the abyss that they see only darkness, eyes that have seen the only real truth of the universe: that hope is merely a taunt, a cruel joke deployed by fate to increase my suffering] let’s ******* go

Shining Jack Nicholson GIF

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So what are you saying.  With an upgrade at qb this week, we have no chance to beat the Turd Trubisky led, 1-2 pittsburgh Steelers?

No we can definitely win this Sunday 

But Miami….

have you not seen the safety play that we currently have? 😂

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We hope its an upgrade at QB surely it will be a huge upgrade in mobility but the position calls for getting the ball to your RB's and WR's something Zach needs to improve in. Hopefully he gets the ball where it needs to go accurately or we are just in the same position we were in the first 3 games. This team really needs for Zach to step in and be the guy and to be the leader of this offense.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

If in the next 2 days after full practices he knee swells up then that could/would prevent him from starting this weekend.

The barometric pressure from Hurricane Ivan is going to wreck Zach's knee for a week.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is all wonderful but I would rather it read like this ...

Its time Zach steps up and takes on the leadership role for this football team. We drafted him because we felt

he was the guy to take the NY Jets to the next level its time he proves that on the football field this Sunday and

over the course of the season

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You act like we have a choice in the matter.  We don't.  We're locked in and going nowhere.  Regardless of how miserable we are.  Deal with it.  

Hey, self-delusion is a valid choice, ignoramus!

Like with me and climate change. I choose to believe that we as a species will adapt, combat, and ease the negative effects of climate change despite all overwhelming evidence that we won't, and are, in fact, boned.

Don't be a miserable hater.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

• Lith locked this topic