Jump to content

Zach Wilson cleared by doctors, starting Sunday


Rhg1084
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

You know what, I'd rather be overrated and be 3-0 and I hate the fing fish...I'm in the middle of finland...and I'm not referring to the country.

Being overrated is underrated.  I think Derek Jeter is overrated.  Guess who couldn't give two sh*ts?  Derek Jeter.  Because he has WS rings, millions of dollars, has banged tons of hot women and has already been an MLB team part owner even though he isn't even 50 yet.  

Being overrated means you've accomplished a few things.  I'd love for the Jets to be "overrated" for once.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DjHoldyHold said:

I'm taking bets for how quickly we go from super optimistic to Wilson is a bum. My money is 9:37 left in the 1st quarter when the first "Wilson isn't the guy" thread pops up. 

What sucks is he’s sure to be rusty from not playing, and they’ll be no mercy for any mistakes (from our own fans!). 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

What sucks is he’s sure to be rusty from not playing, and they’ll be no mercy for any mistakes (from our own fans!). 

I believe a lot of fans on this board expect Zach to fail, so they secretly hope he fails, so they can brag 'I told you so', rather than be happy that they're eating crow, as a true fan would be.  You know how I know this?  Because when Zach does something well, they try to play it down.  We need to rename this place "Jets non-fan-forum".

  • Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, derp said:

I wholeheartedly agree the stats I laid out aren't good enough. I imagine if that takes place a couple folks flip, but I think a bunch see progress. 

I probably care less about the completion percentage than I should, but probably just care about YPA more. I'd take a 7.4 YPA on 58% completion over 6.8 YPA on 65% completion if that makes sense.

I think what you laid out is probably the absolute bare minimum where I could talk myself into it - and I'd like to be able to talk myself into it. And I think it depends on the total TD's/INT's and how he's playing. If that's 28 TD's and 14 INT's it's different than 16 and 8. Realistically I think the TD:INT bar should be 3:1. I think Goff and Wentz were around 4:1 during their second years and look at those guys now.

That’s like some kind of Moneyball post! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

I believe a lot of fans on this board expect Zach to fail, so they secretly hope he fails, so they can brag 'I told you so', rather than be happy that they're eating crow, as a true fan would be.  You know how I know this?  Because when Zach does something well, they try to play it down.  We need to rename this place "Jets non-fan-forum".

Its called the disease.  And 95% of the fanbase is infected with it.  Very sad.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Supersonic said:

I believe a lot of fans on this board expect Zach to fail, so they secretly hope he fails, so they can brag 'I told you so', rather than be happy that they're eating crow, as a true fan would be.  You know how I know this?  Because when Zach does something well, they try to play it down.  We need to rename this place "Jets non-fan-forum".

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e4763t3tn36wnc86hdk76

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Being overrated is underrated.  I think Derek Jeter is overrated.  Guess who couldn't give two sh*ts?  Derek Jeter.  Because he has WS rings, millions of dollars, has banged tons of hot women and has already been an MLB team part owner even though he isn't even 50 yet.  

Being overrated means you've accomplished a few things.  I'd love for the Jets to be "overrated" for once.

Yeah no kidding it would be nice to intimidate other teams enough to be overrated 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Supersonic said:

I believe a lot of fans on this board expect Zach to fail, so they secretly hope he fails, so they can brag 'I told you so', rather than be happy that they're eating crow, as a true fan would be.  You know how I know this?  Because when Zach does something well, they try to play it down.  We need to rename this place "Jets non-fan-forum".

You’re overthinking it. It’s an emotional defense mechanism. Been burned so many times by this team we don’t want to get our hopes up. No more, no less.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...