Joe Flacco gives us the best chance to win on Sunday

It is a moot point. It doesn't really matter. Joe Flacco is not the future of this team. Maybe ZW isn't either, but we need to know if we need a new QB next year or just a new LT, C, S, LB, S. While I think this season is a complete failure if we draft in the top 5 again, the wins do not matter at this point. What is important is to see if ZW can make the next leap and grow. He needs NFL reps. If we thought he wasn't healthy or was likely to get hurt, you play Flacco; otherwise it is time to get out there.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, BrokeFatLonely said:

Beat writers said Flacco looked great in training camp. Garrett Wilson confirmed he throws a better ball than Zach. Flacco also knows the Steelers and is better prepared to handle the blitz. The Jets should play the QB that gives the team the best chance to win.

Joe Flacco is one of the league leaders in passing yards. The guy has not been the problem. 

If you really believe this, then I feel sad for you.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BrokeFatLonely said:

Beat writers said Flacco looked great in training camp. Garrett Wilson confirmed he throws a better ball than Zach. Flacco also knows the Steelers and is better prepared to handle the blitz. The Jets should play the QB that gives the team the best chance to win.

Joe Flacco is one of the league leaders in passing yards. The guy has not been the problem. 

A. Who cares since unless Flacco were to be playing so spot on he could carry us to the SB, otherwise he has no business being on the field while we have a QB in Wilson we need on the field to gain experience and see if he is the guy moving forward.

B. Flacco is not better prepared to handle the blitz, what games have you been watching?. He was sacked like 3 times last week on drives in the RZ and fumbled multiple times due to be more immobile than a person wearing cement shoes resting at the bottom of a lake. 

On 9/28/2022 at 4:29 PM, BrokeFatLonely said:

ftt.gif.a9c26ed3ac14f1da462c7ed2882c452b.gif

I don't dislike Flacco but he's limited and I don't think at this stage of his career you can consistently win with him. He got sacked 4 times on Sunday, not that Zach is exempt from that but I'm interested to give the rest of the season to Zach and see how he performs. He was an overall 2 selection last year. 

• Upvote 1

The problem will be that Wilson isn't ready football wise. He's still in preseason mode, while everyone else is battle tested. It's going to take time to get up to par mentally and physically. He looks so fragile sometimes, it looks like he can get hurt at any moment.. Its like throwing him out to the lions (not Detroit lions..)  I realize he has to get out there at some time, and it will  be nice to finally see a mobile qb, but he's going to be a deer in the headlights 

On 9/28/2022 at 9:29 PM, BrokeFatLonely said:

Carson Wentz is one of the league leaders in passing yards.

Jameis Winston is one of the league leaders in passing yards.

Derek Carr is one of the league leaders in passing yards.

Mac Jones is one of the league leaders in passing yards.

Kyler Murray is one of the league leaders in passing yards.

These guys (along with Flacco) are 5-13 overall. Passing yards do not necessarily equate to being good. :-) 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, JiFapono said:

@The Crusher @Pac @Integrity28 @Spoot-Face @HessStation

Broke, fat and lonely?  Could it be the reemergence of @CTM , could explain his disappearing act.  If there was a reference to a noodle, it would be 100% confirmation 

CTM wasn’t broke. However, he was definitely broken.

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Nope, was GreekJet. I looked minute I saw the screen name, LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/28/2022 at 4:29 PM, BrokeFatLonely said:

I am not surprised that you are Lonely.